View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 05:32 PM   #424
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様

Maskerade: The pale woman smiles and clasps her hands together in joy at Staryu and Munchlax as they take a seat in front of her. You decide to take the spot offered next to her and prepare your listening ears. Something about her seems familiar, but it is hard to place. Perhaps someone you had seen in passing?

"The Stone Shrine has been here for many, many years..." She starts, looking of into the distance wistfully. As she speaks, Baltoy spins slowly. "This underground shrine was created by the people who were saved by Diancie, the one you see in the mural. Even in my time, that story was ancient history, but I have always found a comfort in this place. I met him when I was a very young girl, and he was always so intriguing to me. He was from far away -- I always wanted to travel you know --, and that red hair...!"
She looks at you, remembering. Munchlax and Staryu turn to look at you as well, and Munchlax points to your hair.
"That's right little one, I'm sure that's how Baltoy mixed you up. Anyway... He wouldn't even notice me at first, always lost in those books!"

You aren't sure if it is Baltoy projecting images into your head again, or because of her talent at storytelling, but you can see the scene play out. A teenage shrine maiden peeking around the corner of the Stone Shrine at a foreign visitor, being teased by a giggling older sister. She goes on and you can see the two of them talking, him teaching secret codes and her teaching poetry. Both of them blushing. Young, starcrossed lovers sneaking away to the isolation of the cave, discovering the secret of the torches on the wall. They look over the mural together in awe, hands interlocked.

"He left one day..." The woman's voice is so quiet, you have to lean in to hear her. Though the story has gotten sad, she still speaks as if it was the most wonderful thing to ever happen to her. "I always meant to go visit him, but I got so caught up with my responsibilities here at the Shrine. I always hoped he would come back, even if everything had changed."

Munchlax is sitting leaning foward with elbows on the ground and chin in his paws. Staryu looks just as interested, its gem sparkling. You had been so invested in the story until you did not notice that Bunnelby had joined the group and was snuggling up to the woman.
"You're kind to listen to an old woman," She looks at you and places a hand on yours. You can't feel it, but you understand the gesture. "Maybe I just needed someone else to know."

It goes dark again. You can sense that it is time to go. The Baltoy lights up and together with Bunnelby it leads you and your Pokemon out back out of the cave and to the entrance. The sun has almost set, the moon slowly rising in the sky. Baltoy spins back into the darkness of the cave and Bunnelby scampers off. A strong gust of wind blows by and you notice a small wrapped package at the entrance of the cave.

You have recieved:
TM 99 Dazzling Gleam
TM 39 Rock Tomb
Cleanse Tag
Heart Scale
Munchlax and Staryu have gained 2 levels!

Hope you enjoyed your adventure Mask! Please continue to adventure in the CG if you'd like! c:

Last edited by morningstar; 01-09-2018 at 05:49 PM.
morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote