View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 12:08 AM   #978
Missingno. Master
SUCK IT, BOSS ROCKET!

(My sincerest apologies to kawaiiconcept for not waiting for you to post, but with the storyline so close to its conclusion, I felt it wasn't fair to keep things waiting for much longer. I deliberately worded this post in such a way that if you so chose, you could make a final post in this thread describing what your character and Pokémon did to assist the others.)

Alex was quick to act at Keith's words. He gave the command, and Tantalia the Conkeldurr started up a Sunny Day at once, with Fragarath the Honchkrow joining in as well, having recovered sufficiently from the battle to be able to let loose his own Sunny Day. Alex then proceeded to try some unconventional methods- he sent out Golestandt, his massive Golurk, as well as what looked vaguely like a Graveler, but not like any Graveler Keith had ever seen before. He instinctively consulted his Pokédex.

"Graveler- Alola Form- the Rock Pokémon. A Rock and Electric-type, and the evolved form of Geodude," droned the device. "Graveler likes to eat rocks. In Alola, the rocks it ate gave it an electric charge, resulting in this form."

Golestandt, on Alex's command, carried the Alolan Graveler into the sky, while the Rock/Electric-type Charged up power, preparing to blast the clouds directly with Discharge. The Golurk, meanwhile, would be going crazy on the clouds as well, with Psychic and Energy Ball- basically whatever it deemed necessary.

Keith grinned as Alex approached, asking about "that swamp thing". "Ah, yeah- that's what's known as a Z-Move," Keith explained, showing Alex his Z-Ring and Poisonium Z. "With a Z-Ring and a Z-Crystal, a Trainer can help their Pokémon upgrade one of their attacks into a Z-Move. I'll explain more about it when we're finished here. Cool Graveler, by the way," he added. Alex then headed off to check on Totsuka, something Keith didn't really think too much about- he'd met the Shadow Zangoose before, and knew her to be remarkably lazy and generally harmless-

-except at that moment, what Totsuka did was anything but lazy or harmless. The best that could be said was that the sudden Shadow End was completely involuntary, and not due to any ill will on her part. Well, OK, that and the fact that the injury Alex sustained, grievous though it was, was by no means fatal. Of course, this didn't dull the shock and horror of the situation any- kinda hard to keep things calm, after all, when one's hand gets vaporized, leaving nothing but bone behind. "Oh my Arceus!" Keith exclaimed.

"Keith- here!" Helena exclaimed. In one swift motion, she unzipped her mouth, produced a Ground Ball from within, lobbed the sphere to Keith, and zipped her mouth back up, all while keeping her own Sunny Day going.

Keith understood immediately. As he caught the Ground Ball, he pressed the button to enlarge it, and held it up. "Rubeus!" he exclaimed as the white-finned Stunfisk emerged.

"Stun- Stunfisk!?" Rubeus exclaimed- upon seeing Alex collapsed on the ground, clutching an arm that was tipped in blood-soaked bone and nothing else, he sprang into action, flapping his side fins like wings, and hovering to his side. Of course, he knew better than to think anything short of a miracle from Arceus would regrow the hand, but he also knew that a timely Soft-Boiled and Heal Bell would at least help soothe the pain and maybe even close the wound as best as one could reasonably expect it to close. With that in mind, it was those two moves the Stunfisk wasted no time in using on Alex.

Satisfied that Alex was in good hands (or rather, good fins), Keith glanced around to see what else was being done. Heather had regained consciousness, and in a display of resourcefulness, she had called back the Charizard she'd borrowed earlier, and was getting it to contribute its own Sunny Day. Keith made sure to give Heather a nod and a smile, try and convey that he felt she was being a big help at the moment, for something about the look on her face suggested that she thought otherwise.

Sera had Teleported Hyrem and the rest of his team back onto the Banette's Revenge, following a brief and very loud interruption by Hyrem's Shadow Chimecho (which included a highly inconvenient Shadow Half targeting basically everyone else present). Keith hadn't seen the tearful farewells Daphne and her teammates exchanged, but Goyle had. Between how weakened Daphne was following her use of Explosion, the emotional exchanges that followed, and the fact that Sera had Teleported everyone except Daphne away, the Victreebel started to piece together the truth, and it made his chlorophyll run cold. And though he was focused on using Sunny Day the entire time, this did not stop him from meeting Daphne's gaze as she took one last look around. There were tears in the Victreebel's eyes. If he could have, he would have hopped over to her side, but he didn't want to risk stopping his Sunny Day attack. Instead, he extended his vine across the clearing and gently took hold of one of Daphne's leaf fans as the Shiftry's mouth opened unnaturally wide, as she prepared to sacrifice herself for the sake of the world.

Nothing Chroma had brought was able to use Sunny Day, but she didn't let that stop her- her Tangrowth and Pumpkasaur, after all, were both packing Mimic, and they both put the move to excellent use, each of them copying a Sunny Day and using it themselves. Keith was unable to keep an eye on everything going on, however, and so whatever contribution Kawaii and her team were adding to this group effort, effective as it was, it escaped his notice. And yet...

Keith gritted his teeth- despite the multiple Sunny Day attacks being used, despite the extreme measures, the resourceful tactics, the direct attacks on the clouds themselves, despite it all, the Shadow Sky was not dissipating. While Golestandt and Caritas were landing some solid hits on the clouds, destroying big chunks of them, any parts of the clouds that weren't hit billowed larger in their stead, effectively making the destroyed portions grow back with ominous rapidity. Even though the machine was destroyed, that which it had already set in motion seemed unstoppable... Keith groaned. This was how it would end, wasn't it? Obliterated by a supercharged Shadow Sky, while he, Keith, would be spared from the insidious inclement weather, only to be thrust into a horrific wasteland populated and ruled by Shadow Pokémon, never to see the sun shine again-

Keith blinked. As he thought of never seeing the sun shine again, one of his Pokémon sprang immediately to mind. He plucked the Premier Ball off his belt and looked at it. Of course. There was still Sunny. Perhaps her Drought would be just enough to tip the scales in their favor! Much as Keith didn't like the idea of exposing his young Vulpix to such a harsh situation, the fate of the world literally hung in the balance. "Go! Sunny!" Keith exclaimed, throwing the ball, and sending out his Vulpix.

"Vuuuuul~" Sunny cheered as she materialized. At her very presence, the Shadow Sky seemed to weaken even more... but no- it was still intensifying, just at a slower rate.

"Oh, man..." Keith groaned. His final hope- everyone's final hope- had failed them. The world was going to end-

"Vul! Vulpix vul!" Sunny barked, cutting across Keith's despondent train of thought. Keith looked back up, looked at his Vulpix. He saw the fire in her eyes, saw immediately what she was getting at. Any other time, had she made the request this early, he'd have questioned it, asking if she was really sure, stressing the point that there was no going back, all that good stuff. But, once again, fate of the world in the balance and all that. Therefore, Keith's response was to give an understanding nod, and roll a wrapped-up bundle from his backpack out towards the Vulpix. The Fire-type pulled at the wrapping with her teeth, and as it fell away, the Fire Stone beneath exposed itself. It was at that moment that both Sunny and this Fire Stone started to glow. The glow was intense, and it even felt hot- a heat one doesn't usually get from evolution.

Sunny grew taller, her body more slim and lithe as the Fire Stone was absorbed into it. Six tails became nine, and her fluffy fur grew more and more luxurious. Keith's jaw dropped- the glow had faded now, but the that Sunny had become, it wasn't like anything Keith had ever seen before. Well, no, that's not entirely true- he'd seen the exact color of that fur just moments prior, hadn't he? Sunny's shape, size, and species were all different, but her color scheme stayed remarkably unchanged.

"Ninetales- Normal Form- the Fox Pokémon. A Fire-type, and the evolved form of Vulpix," said Keith's Pokédex. "Ninetales can live very long lives, some even living a whole millennium. Pulling one of its gorgeous tails will provoke it to seek retribution until the offender has been severely punished. This specimen has retained the coloration of its previous evolutionary stage, a very rare phenomenon."

Keith grinned- Sunny was every bit as beautiful as he'd have pictured the Ninetales to be, and then some, considering how well the Vulpix colors suited her in either stage. Moreover, now that the newly evolved Ninetales was adding her Drought to the mix, Keith was finally starting to see some results.

"What the deuce?!" a tired and worn-out Stewie exclaimed in horror, for his Shadow Sky was no longer intensifying- it was starting to dissipate! "No! NO! I won't allow it!" he exclaimed. Hastily, he charged at Sunny, hoping to land a good Mega Punch, even as weak as he currently was.

But Keith was ready. "Sunny! Flamethrower!" he ordered.

"Niiiiiiine!" howled Sunny, unleashing a stream of flames in Stewie's direction. The Shadow Ledian hastily ducked underneath the flames, crashing back down to the ground. The glow around his fist faded- he was stopping the Mega Punch. And at long last, the Shadow Sky vanished completely, the newly-evolved Ninetales's Drought helping all the other Sunny Day attacks to have their intended effect.

"Yes!" Keith cheered. "And now," he added, approaching Stewie. "Stewie," he stated, looking down at the battered, weary, and utterly defeated Shadow Ledian. "I don't even have words for what you just tried to pull," he stated. "You destroyed my house, and threatened to do likewise to the entire world. That I cannot allow, and I certainly can't run the risk of you trying this again."

"So... so what now?" Stewie demanded with as much false bravado as he had the strength to muster. "Hmm? You... you going to kill me, hat man, hmm?"

Ginny was in tears, looking back and forth between Keith and Stewie. It was looking like she had to make a choice, and it wasn't an easy one. Of course, the most crucial of choices never were... but eventually, she approached Keith and Stewie. "Stewie..." she murmured.

"Heh... my queen," Stewie chuckled. "So... after all this, my carefully laid plans were for naught. It seems we won't be ruling together any time soon, will we?"

"Stewie, I..." murmured Ginny. "I think... I think you should give up trying to take over the world."

"...What the deuce?" Stewie responded. He looked intently at Ginny.

"I love you," Ginny stated. "But... the way this is going... I'm going to have to choose between you and Keith. And... I don't want to side against Keith. I mean, if you kill him, you know I would kill you. But... I don't want to lose you, either. I... Stewie, I want to be with you, whether you're the ruler of the world or just my teammate. But... the former just isn't going to happen, you must know this by now."

For a moment, Stewie said nothing. He looked deep in thought, his face unreadable. It was a tense moment, one in which both Keith and Ginny feared a sudden outburst of Shadow Rave or something similar. But then, Stewie... looked down. Something about his eyes seemed different- it was an indescribable difference to Keith, but a difference nonetheless. "...Not twenty-four hours ago, I would have met that suggestion with swift and terrible retribution," Stewie said quietly. "As it is... I went at this with every ounce of preparation I was able to make. This was the culmination of years of careful planning, topped off with the sheer surprise factor... I went at this with all the conditions at their very zenith, and this is how it ended. I'll never have that surprise factor again, and I cannot get any stronger than I am. Perhaps... perhaps one single Ledian cannot take over the world after all," he admitted. "Perhaps... perhaps you're right. And you as well," he added, with a glance at Keith. "You and your cohorts who rose as one to strike me down, and with you orchestrating and leading the whole affair... Perhaps I was wrong to regard you as merely a tool for my own personal gain," he admitted. Keith couldn't understand what Stewie was saying, but the small smile and the look in his eyes got the gist of the message across quite nicely. Keith realized what he was seeing in Stewie's eyes now, something he'd never seen in them before- respect.

Keith smiled. He crouched down, maintaining eye contact with his Ledian. "You're starting to get it, aren't you, Stewie?" he asked. "You've come a long way, haven't you? I get the feeling this battle did more than just wreck your plans for taking over the world... I think it got you to think differently about all we've been through. About all the training, all the moves you've learned, about our experience in the Dream World... you're starting to appreciate it all for more than what it did to further your own agenda. Am I right?"

Stewie gave a small nod. "I never thought I'd hear myself say this, but... you're right, hat ma... er... Keith."

Keith's smile widened. He reached into his backpack, and pulled out a container that both looked and smelled distinctly floral. "No-" Ginny began.

"Silence, vile Pawniard," Stewie interrupted, his tone as gentle as it's ever been whilst speaking such a sentence. "I know you love the insane megalomaniac I've been all my life. But... if I stay this way, then the time will surely come when you'll need to make that choice you've been dreading. And now I see... I can't do that to you. Because I love you too, Ginny." He bowed his head humbly. "The time has come," he decided. "These shadows that have plagued and tainted my soul since birth, the shadows what twisted and corrupted me, what conspired to make me the unspeakable evil you all brought down today... they may give me power, and bloody awesome attacks.... but it's what they can't give me I'm now seeing." He looked up at Keith. "Do it, hat man," he said. "I can feel it- the time is right. Undo the final lock, and see what becomes of me. See who Stewie really is, when not shrouded in shadow. And let me see it as well... and let Ginny see it, too."

Once again, no translation was necessary. Keith caught the gist of it. He placed his Rose Incense, hand crafted by Celebi herself, in front of Stewie. And just like the fabled Relic Stone of Agate Village, the power Celebi had given this Incense set to work at once. Swirls of glowing green energy erupted from the container, and surrounded Stewie. Bursts of shadowy aura flew away and fizzled out as the power did its work as the Shadow Ball, ever the reliable portable prison that always served to keep Stewie in place, crumbled away in Keith's hand. Stewie exclaimed in surprise- feelings, emotions, felt stronger than ever before, surged through his very soul. Tears came to his eyes for the first time, as he experienced his first real dose of remorse. The urge to do evil faded away, knowledge of most of his various Shadow moves slid right out of his head. He could see Keith through the swirls of Celebi power, could see for the first time just how admirable this man really was. He saw Ginny, his heart leaping like it never leapt before as he gazed upon the Pawniard. And finally... it was finished. The energy swirls faded away, revealing the who was forever changed by this experience, and most decidedly in a good way.

"Stewie?" Keith addressed his Sha- no. Addressed his Ledian. "How do you feel?"

"...My Arceus," Stewie murmured, looking down at himself, seeing himself as a regular red Ledian for the first time ever. "So... this is what it feels like, then? Feeling? Caring? Not... not wanting to fly into a rage at the slightest provocation?"

Ginny smiled. "Stewie..." she murmured.

Stewie looked at Ginny, with his brand new bright blue eyes. "So... what do you think?" he asked, sounding the tiniest bit nervous. "The new and improved Stewie, hmm?"

"I'd say so," smiled Ginny. "So... um... YAAAAH!" she suddenly exclaimed, lunging at Stewie without warning, looking about ready to Cut his head clean off. Stewie was ready for this, however, and blocked Ginny's blade with an Ice Punch, the ice surrounding his fist catching the blade handily. Stewie and Ginny grinned at each other for a moment following this, and then, blade still wedged in ice, the two of them kissed. "...You're still the same Stewie I fell in love with," Ginny stated once the kiss broke apart.

"So it seems," smiled the Ledian. "It seems the instincts and reflexes our multiple sparring matches have honed in me over the years remain unchanged... as has my enjoyment of said sparring matches," he added quietly and with a grin. He stopped Ice Punch at that point, and Ginny lowered her blade once the ice thawed. "I will admit... I was worried," he admitted. "Worried whether purification would take away that which you love about me, as well as the part of me that so loved you... but I can look back upon our moments of passion with as much fondness now as I could then- moreso, in fact- I feel... I... I feel!" he exclaimed, reveling in the possession of a soul untainted by pure evil, in the sensation of a heart not locked away by shadows. "And that means-"

"It means you love me even more now?" the Pawniard asked hopefully.

Stewie grinned. "Damn straight... vile Pawniard," he responded.

Keith did not know how to respond to any of this. He let Ginny and Stewie do their own thing for the time being- it felt very odd to him, not needing to keep a close eye on Stewie anymore, considering the chances of him trying to do something bad were now extremely minimal, but it felt... freeing, somehow. He sat on a nearby rock, sighing in relief as he absentmindedly stroked his Ninetales's head. Sunny was enjoying this attention immensely- and of course, the bright and sunny weather that was shining down upon Stargazer Island wasn't hurting matters any, either.

At long last, after injuries were treated, after Keith had produced a Luxury Ball to house Stewie in to replace his old and totally destroyed Shadow Ball (and in the process, finally realizing just how long ago Luna must have foreseen all of this happening), after Goyle had finished wailing his lament to the heavens over the loss of Daphne (helped in this by Pomona, who likewise had no small amount of tears to shed over the loss of her friend, but still proved a comforting presence for the Victreebel), Keith stood back up and addressed the group of Trainers who had helped him save the world. "Alright," he said, his face tired yet triumphant. "Let's head on back to the mainland, shall we?" True, Keith no longer had a home to go to, but considering he'd just played such a big part in the saving of the world, he figured he'd take this one step at a time. Moreover, seeing the clearing Stewie's attacks had formed back at Salt Wave Coast, from his Shadow attacks felling so many trees, it gave Keith an idea...

OOC: And with that, the Final Stewie-line comes to a close. As of this post, the Poisonous Paradise can now be considered closed. You may all make whatever closing posts you wish to make, though after that, I shall be requesting that a mod close this thread. In the meantime, it is at this point I hereby declare my new Secret Base, Sludge Wave Coast, to be open to any and all visitors! Thanks to all of you who helped make this storyline a reality, as I've been wanting to pull off something like this... basically since I got Stewie in the first place. Also, although both events have officially happened previously, I now consider this to be the point at which Sunny evolves into Ninetales and Stewie gets purified.

Code:
What?  Vulpix is evolving!

...!!

Congratulations!  Your Vulpix evolved into Ninetales!

*Sunny learned Imprison!*

*Sunny learned Nasty Plot!*

*Sunny learned Flamethrower!*

*Sunny learned Quick Attack!*

*Sunny learned Confuse Ray!*

*Sunny learned Safeguard!*

Code:
There's a Pokémon that may open the door to its heart!

.....!

! ! !
! ! !
!!! !!! !!!!!!!

Stewie opened the door to his heart!

*Stewie retained the move Shadow Break!*

*Stewie retained the move Shadow Rave!*