View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 12:13 PM   #372
Meetan
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Meetan- You happily accept the Heart Scale from the kid, stashing it deep in your bag so no one could easily swipe it from you. Jasper begins to heal himself, his gems glowing once more as he recovers some vitality. Lorin makes her presence known again, waddling over only to be scooped back up into your arms.

"Yeah you're right", replies David as you suggest he consider giving his new Marowak a nickname. Anger continuing to grow, the young boy fills you in on his intentions. "I'm going to do more than battle him, I'm going to destroy him." You can see tears beginning to form in the corners of the boys eyes. "All those times he beat me, all those times he used me, all those times he treated me like trash. Now I get to fight back and make him pay." Before you can get another word in, the chubby boy books it, rushing back the way you came, tears rushing down his cheeks.

Most of the kids disperse, heading off to do their own thing, however Terry and Janie remain, still obviously worried about David. "Maybe we should follow him?" Terry suggests to you, "that Marowak is strong but it just battled and I don't think David's brother Gary would have a weak Pokemon. If he loses his brother will likely beat him again and probably take Marowak from him." Janie nods in agreeance, if David was to lose, the boy would be devastated and pushed to a point he probably wouldn't be able to get back from. "He has probably gone back to his place", notes Terry, "I have a rough idea where it is but we better get going, if you think we should that is."
"... That was both very what I was expecting, but also not." Alice grimaced as David fled from the group. The tears were a touch that she hadn't anticipated until the kid's eyes were welling up and pouring, and she was disappointed that most of the others had gone their separate ways. Of course, as a responsible adult, she also felt it was for the best. To follow David would be to infringe on enemy lines, and it would be bad enough having to protect David without having to babysit the rest of them. Alice had just hoped they had bonded more, thought they might react in a more concerned manner. At least two remained, in spite of her worries for their safety. Alice had Pokemon that could track but it wasn't as reliable as local knowledge knowledge, and time was of the essence now.

"I wouldn't normally say that, but I definitely think we should. You're right. David won't be the same whatever way his plan turns out. He'll either go off the bad end the way his brother has, or he'll be crushed by the defeat forever. There's no good way for this to go." Alice said, and Lorin echoed his concerns. Jasper hovered, staring in the direction the child went, his grin now downturned to something more serious. It could easily be interpreted as aggressive. "You lead the way, but don't go running into trouble if you see it. We have to put ourselves first or if worst comes to worst, David won't have anyone there to pick up the pieces."