View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 07:43 PM   #198
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Raves- As you regain your normal composure, you rattle off what you had learned during your encounter at the bar. Jake absorbs its all, tying in all the information you gathered in order to try and plan the next step. You are left in silence for a minute as he considers the options.

"I guess we might as well stay on the case while it's hot. If they are abusing and torturing Pokemon then we need to put a stop to it immediately. There is an entrance to the catacombs that we keep sectioned off around the corner, they can be useful when you need them, as long as you don't get lost!" Jake gives you a reassuring nod, "you did well, much better intel than what I got, just try not to sample anymore contraband? Alright let's head down into the catacombs and see if we can find a way into their operation.

Jake leads you to what appears to be an unmanned donut stand. He leads you inside, only to open a trapdoor that leads down into the catacombs. He kicks a rope down through the trapdoor and slides down, waiting patiently Bel and yourself to follow. Once the pair of you make it down, he heads off through the narrow tunnels, pulling out a heavy ended flashlight to light the way. You weave your way back through the passages, hoping your heading in the right direction. Just when you get the feeling that you're going around in circles, you all come to a stop as you hear voices nearby. Jake turns off the flashlight and you both peak around the next bend in the tunnel.

A pair of armed guards are standing in front of an old wooden door. The pair seem pretty chummy and are too busy bantering to notice much else. Nethertheless, there was no way of getting through the door with those two there. "We need to clear them off if we have any chance of getting inside. I know the tunnels well enough that I could probably lead them off and lose them before doubling back, that is if you think you could handle whatever is on the other side of that door? Although if you have a better plan, I'm open to suggestions."

Biggggg5- With an unknown assailant on the other side of the magical barrier, you suggest caution if you were going to make your way through. Harrison agrees, turning to his Squirtle and helping it back to its feet. "Sorry about that old chum, seems you walked straight into trouble. Our friend has the right idea though, how about you Withdraw into your shell and Gyro Ball straight back into it? I figure if it used a Rock type move, it is most likely a Rock Type right?" The Squirtle nods, confirming the Pokemon it encountered was indeed a Rock type. "Excellent", let's get in there then.

Harrison's Squirtle withdraws completely into its shell, it would be safer in there and stand a better chance against whatever was waiting for you on the other side of the wall. The shell soon begins to spin, quickly picking up speed as it becomes coated in steel energy and shoots through the mysterious wall. Harrison charges through after it, quickly followed by yourself, Hotstuff and Geddy.

You get a tingling feeling as you pass through the magical wall, arriving just in time to see Harrison's Squirtle connect with the Pokemon that had attacked it. You're shocked to see a Gigalith at the far end of the tunnel, an old wooden door seems to be positioned directly behind it. As the Squirtle slams into the compressed Pokemon, you notice that something is drastically wrong with it. The normally vibrant red crystals that sprout from a Gigalith's body are broken and crushed. Instead of red, the crystals seems to be an eerie mixture of black and purple. The Rock type roars as it notices the intruders, its seems remarkably angry.