View Single Post
Old 12-24-2017, 06:33 AM   #413
Meetan
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches View Post
Meetan – Ivan was very worried about the Pokemon in the truck but he couldn’t help but feel a bit proud of the fact that you thought his Pokemon were cool. He knew that he had to live up to such a compliment. He watched as you took charge and was impressed with your levelheadedness in such an intense situation. Right after you told Ivan to keep an eye out for Billie, as if it was perfectly timed, Billie’s head became visible over a hill and slowly but surely as he approached, you could both finally see all of him. “Thank goodness...” Ivan said with relief under his breath just loud enough for you to hear. Once the large bear finally found his way all the way over to you both, Ivan began talking. “I’m so happy you caught up with us Billie, I knew I could count on you.” The corners of Billie’s mouth moved slightly upward after being praised, almost into a full smile before going back to his normal face again. Greg was still smushed into his chest and appears to have given up struggling for the time being while Ivan was basically acting like he wasn’t even there.

“Now that you’re here, I’m going to need you to guard this beautiful woman no matter what. Her Pokemon are busy taking care of the bad guys right now so you need to stay put right here at her side and make sure nothing harms her. Do you think you can do it Billie?” Billie gives Ivan a firm nod and immediately sidles right up against you so that you can feel the fur from his arm against yours. “Warrrrtortle!” Franklin’s cries can still be heard from inside the truck and recognizing his friends voice, Billie’s eyes widen as he glances toward the sound. “Don’t worry Billie, Alice’s Pokemon are going to save Franklin. You just worry about protecting her.” Once he finishes explaining the situation to Billie, he looks at you. “I have to go and check on Joe. The knocked out Torracat and Pancham over there are his and he looks like he’s injured, but I will come back to you Alice, I promise!” The look on his face shows that he is very conflicted about leaving you behind but he puts his trust in Billie and then begins to run over the hill and toward Joe.

Meanwhile, as all of that was going down, your Pokemon had gone to work. Axel had Teleported and was now inside of the truck and Franklin’s yelling and banging eventually stopped but there still wasn’t any sign of the truck opening up just yet. Nina had used her Agility to gain an advantage of speed over the two men attempting to run for their truck. She zipped ahead of them and quickly turned around Freeze Drying their feet before they could get any further. “Oh you have GOT to be kidding me!!” The Electrode owner yells his frustration. Suddenly, you can all hear the faint sound of what seems to be a helicopter in the distance that is slowly getting louder. Billie becomes tense beside you, the sound is making him uneasy so he shifts Greg so that he is tucked under one arm and puts his free arm around your shoulders and pulls you close since he is taking his guard job very seriously.

You had been briefly distracted by Billie getting as far inside of your personal bubble as he could and you’re surprised when you look back out at your Pokemon and see that Nina is currently Wrapped up by a Seviper. You can also see that Joe’s Pokemon had been returned to their balls and Ivan is kneeling down on the ground wrapping bandaging around Joe’s leg. The sound of the helicopter in the distance is still slowly getting louder but you also don’t see anything in the sky just yet. “They’re probably freaking out right about now.” Greg speaks about his comrades who are now dealing with Nina. “That helicopter is probably the boss and I’m sure they don’t wanna get caught having this much trouble. Man, today is just getting more and more interesting.” He seems indifferent to the situation now. He was once mad with laughter and struggling against Billie with all his might but now he almost seems like he is content being held by Billie, you don’t even know if he was trying to talk to you or if he was just vocalizing his own thoughts for no reason besides feeling an urge to speak. The truck is also still quiet, almost too quiet, and Axel is still inside.
Having an Ursaring snuggle up real tight wasn't exactly awful. In fact, it was probably something dreamlike for Alice, who wouldn't be sure she'd ever get the chance to hug a friendly big bear. Unfortunately, she was trying to concentrate, and between Billie and Greg that was difficult. "If you could devour his vocal cords, that'd be real nice." She joked, voice deadpan as she watched Nina suffer the Seviper. No good, she had to act now.

"Don't take that, Nina, get it to let you go with your extrasensory and knock it away with zen headbutt! Then use swift on the truck and see if you can weaken the locks on the back!" The young woman commanded, no longer afraid to move over and show herself. Knowing that the helicopter belonged to their boss made her antsy, but if they could free Ivan's Pokemon and Dutchess before they arrived that would make things a whole lot easier.

"Axel, can you hear me?! Use blow back and iron tail on the truck, and if you're still stuck, use another attack you think will work or will help free one of the other Pokemon to help you! You've got this!" She did wonder if perhaps there was a barrier preventing psychic attacks from working - to stop Pokemon like him from breaking in easily or escaping. Alice did hope he would reach out and communicate if he could, though, to give her a picture or feel for his situation. It was impossible to know with the sleepy creature all of the time, though. All Alice could really do was fight hard and sort this out, though. They'd free Axel and the others whatever the cost.