View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 02:55 AM   #331
myahoo
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches View Post
myahoo – Samuel had only managed to create a very small gap between you before you decided that you wanted to go along with him. So, you quickly return Signal to his ball and jog a bit to catch up. “Oh! Hey there!” He acknowledges you with a smile. You explain what happened and that Wildfire was knocked out during that battle and he nods. “Well, I don’t have the normal kind of healing equipment that they do in the ranger’s cabins but I do have lots of healing items. So, I’m sure I can find something that will fix your starter right up! It’s the least I can do after you took care of that kid. Quite a shame that is. That boy does have a lot of potential but he’s clearly making bad decisions.” You mention your poor luck and that your search will probably have to come to an end today and Samuel raises an eyebrow. “Oh, so you’re searching for something? Well, don’t let me stop you! It’s great that you have an objective! Ah, here we are!”

You have arrived at a woodcutter’s cabin in the forest. It’s basically exactly what you’d expect, a cabin that has been build using wooden logs. “Come in, come in.” Samuel opens the front door and gestures for you to enter and so you do. The inside is also what you’d expect, all of the furniture is also made out of wood with the addition of cushions on the couch. “I’ll take your Pokemon, I have to take this little guy upstairs since that is where my first aid stuff is. I can heal your Chinchou too if you’d like.” You hand him your Pokemon’s balls and off he goes. You sit on the couch and wait, after only a few minutes you hear the pitter patter of little feet running down the steps. “Quil quil!!” Wildfire charges into the room with you, carrying Signals ball as well. Samuel still hasn’t come down yet so you continue to wait but it doesn’t take much longer. He eventually comes down carrying the now conscious Poochyena! The pup has a bandage wrapped around its back leg but it seems to be in good spirits since it almost seems like it’s smiling in the trial captain’s arms. Once he reaches the bottom step he puts the Poochyena down and it lets out a happy howl. “This little guy should be good as new in a few days. Someone has to keep an eye on him until his leg heals so he’ll probably have to stay here for a bit but after that he can go back out into the forest.” Samuel then reaches into a small bag he had also carried down. “Now, for the reward that I promised! I always keep some extra stuff on hand for times like these. I actually had some things I figured might be appropriate to give considering you just stopped someone from burning down the forest.” He chuckles a bit as he pulls out the bags contents. “How’s about this, I have TM Incinerate as well as the hold item Charcoal for you. I’d also like to give you $500.” He hands you all of the things mentioned. “Welp, I don’t want to keep you since I know you said you were searching for something. I’m not sure if there is any way I can help with that? However, as a trial captain it is my duty to offer trainers the chance to challenge my trial if they pass through here. My trial is a log-cutting competition and I am always ready for new challengers! Of course, you can continue your search if you’d like, I’ll be here all day so you can stop by anytime!”

You’ve Obtained
x1 TM Incinerate
x1 Charcoal
$500 Pokedollars
"Well, I don't have the normal kind of healing equipment that they do in the ranger's cabins but I do have lots of healing items. So, I'm sure I can find something that will fix your starter right up! It's the least I can do after you took care of that kid. Quite a shame that is. That boy does have a lot of potential but he's clearly making bad decisions."

Melissa only hummed her acknowledgement, keeping her thoughts about the kid to herself. "It was no problem. He was being inconsiderate of, well, everyone and everything and being a...bit immature." She shrugged. "And with a Fire-type starter, I could've been framed for it, so I figured I might as well take care of the situation before it came back to bite me."

"Oh, so you're searching for something? Well, don't let me stop you! It's great that you have an objective! Ah, here we are!"

It was a woodcutter's log cabin in the forest. A stereotypical log cabin in the woods. Melissa...hadn't thought that was an actual thing.

"Come in, come in."

Samuel opened the front door and gestured Melissa in, where she handed Wildfire and Signal's Pokéballs to Samuel. She then took a seat on the couch to wait. A few minutes later, the familiar cadence of Wildfire's steps approached and Melissa turned with a wide grin to see her starter charge at her, carrying Signal's Pokéball. He leaped onto the couch and handed Signal's Pokéball over, which Melissa returned to her belt before scooping Wildfire up and cuddling him.

"Looks like we've still got some things to work on, huh?"

"Quil!" He nodded his head vehemently. Water-Ground dual-types were a pain.

The two of them glanced up as Samuel returned, carrying the now-conscious Poochyena. It looked to be none the worse for wear after its fight with the kid's Scyther, which was a relief. It let out a happy howl once Samuel set it back on its feet.

"This little guy should be good as new in a few days. Someone has to keep an eye on him until his leg heals so he'll probably have to stay here for a bit but after that he can go back out into the forest. Now, for the reward I promised!" Melissa looked back at him. "I always keep some extra stuff on hand for times like these. I actually had some things I figured might be appropriate to give considering you just stopped someone from burning down the forest." He chuckled as he pulled stuff out of the bag, while Melissa raised an eyebrow. "How's about this, I have TM Incinerate as well as the hold item Charcoal for you. I'd also like to give you $500."

"Oh, thank you." Melissa blinked at her reward, a bit surprised. She quickly tucked everything into her bag as Samuel continued speaking.

"Welp, I don't want to keep you since I know you said you were searching for something. I'm not sure if there is any way I can hep with that? However, as a trial captain it is my duty to offer trainers the chance to challenge my trial if they pass through here. My trial is a log-cutting competition and I am alway ready for new challengers! Of course, you can continue your search if you'd like, I'll be here all day so you can stop by anytime!"

Melissa nodded thoughtfully and took a moment to stretch before shooting Samuel a wry smile. "You wouldn't happen to know where I could find a Pidgey, would you? I've apparently had some terrible luck finding them since I've come to Fizzytopia. If not, that's fine; I can just challenge your trial now and try again another day."

Collecting 1x TM Incinerate, 1x Charcoal, and $500.

Wild Future
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote