View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 07:40 PM   #191
Maskerade
Cascade Badge

kawaiiconcept:

It takes a beating to the point of near-unconsciousness to remind Cerno of another weapon in his arsenal, one that could potentially turn the tide of the battle in the team’s favour: Shiftry is a creature of darkness, and as all of its kind, is susceptible to the light magic of fairies. With this in mind, the Whimsicott waves his little arms and summons a gale of his own, determined to show Shiftry that he, too, can manipulate wind – a powerful Fairy Wind, to be precise!

The sparkling gust blows over the Forest Lord, speckles of light exploding on contact with its wooden skin and damaging him more than any draining move of Cerno’s ever could. Visibly bothered by the technique, Shiftry flaps his fans and summons a Tailwind of his own, the opposite masses of air cancelling each other out – and that’s just the opening Spiritus and Tengu were looking for! With the wind dying down, the duo repeats their previous combination attack, showering Shiftry with a downpour of blazing seeds that sets the already Burned Grass-Type on fire!

Shiftry wobbles and loses his footing, but continues to smile even as his hair and leaf fans are set ablaze. Sensing the shift in the tide of battle, the army of Passimian grows restless and prepares to invade the clearing, but a single arm raise by the other Lord, Oranguru, quiets the horde.

“Very well,” Shiftry suddenly says weakly, “there is merit to your teamwork after all. Now for the final test…”

Struggling to get back to his feet, the Lord raises his fans once more, then flaps them a single time. No Hurricane or Tailwind follow this time around, however; in fact, nothing seems to happen at all…

“Have you heard of the legendary Kamaitachi?” Shiftry inquires, with a hint of amusement in his whispered voice. “A gust that can cut through anything… A true Razor Wind. It will come soon…”

He shifts his gaze to Spiritus and continues to smile through the pain.

“You, phantom, are immune to its invisible blade… but what about your friends? Could you bear seeing them sliced in half? Be it Seedot or Whimiscott, no living creature can avoid being severed in two by the mighty edge that approaches” he taunts. “Can you finish me before my Razor Wind comes?”

The final challenge has been issued. Can the team step up to this last ordeal and end the battle before it’s too late?

--------------

Meetan:

Like giant fingers, the Frenzy Plants come to life one by one, and their flailing becomes progressively more violent. The choice, this time around, was unanimous – breaking through immediately and confronting whatever lies beyond is the way to go.

Samantha courageously takes the lead, guiding the team through the moving spiky towers; Mimi and Nina follow suit, manoeuvring as well as they can through the perilous terrain, whereas Farfetch’d seems capable of flying through the obstacles with considerably more ease. Whenever a branch blocks their path they bide their time, and lunge forward as fast as they can the second an opening between trunks presents itself. Slowly but surely the group advances, Samantha and Nina being scratched by some of the sharp thorns but both mercifully avoiding the brunt of the blow, whereas Mimi and Farfetch’d make it through unscathed.

“At last… we have done it!” Farfecth’d says triumphantly.

The sight ahead is as astonishing as it is mind-boggling. Within the Frenzy Plant dome lies a vast round field of green, bursting with life, birds chirping, small Pokemon roaming, and a single massive tree rising at the center of this miracle. The scents of berries and apricorns fill the area, and even the air feels lighter inside the dome than it did in the rest of Radiant Forest.

While the team is busy coming to grips with this sudden shift in reality and the explanation behind it, a new mystery emerges: the ground begins to rumble and then shake, as if the land has begun moving on its own like a rogue tectonic plaque. Alice’s Pokémon get the distinct impression that the forest is rising, and they’re not wrong.

”Filthy intruders,” says a booming voice that resonates across the clearing like a thousand war drums. “”You should have turned back when you had the chance.”

It is then that Farfetch’d takes flight, departing from the group, and lands on one of the tree’s branches, contemplating the party from his elevated perch with a strange smile…

“Worry not, Master Torterra. I was the one to bring them here,” he declares, before addressing Sam, Nina and Mimi. “I believe I owe you an explanation: you all stand on last safe haven of Radiant Forest, the only one that will endure. Indeed, you may as well call this the new Radiant Forest, created and maintained by my Master.”

The wild duck makes a slow sweeping motion with his stalk, showing the party the extent of Torterra’s domain.

“He has purged these woods, removed all traces of flawed vegetation to create this perfect new Forest, this new World whose weight he selflessly carries on his back. Master Torterra has declared the old Radiant Forest unworthy of the name, and brought it upon himself to elevate it to a new standard; He declared the right to take the water and life from these woods to create something of unparalleled perfection, as you can witness. To those he declared worthy of residing in this paradise, he has opened the gates of the dome, and these creatures now live on Torterra’s back without a care in the world. But the three of you had to be tested – I saw potential in you, fighting prowess that entitles you to the glorious honour of serving as Torterra’s guardians, protectors of his haven!”

”I see,” speaks the titan once more. ”You did well. Indeed, I need Pokémon capable enough to protect the wonder I built. In return, I will allow you to live here, where food is plenty, where there are no predators, humans or irrelevant Pokémon to bother you. Serve me, and paradise is yours.

“Refuse, and well… I have seen how all of you fight. Your strengths and weaknesses are all known to me,” concludes Farfetch’d with a grin and a sarcastic, gentlemanly.

What truly happened to Radiant Forest is now obvious: this oversized Torterra has claimed it as its territory and drained away the woods’ vitality to feed itself and the forest it carries. It seems to have some sort of god complex, and Farfetch’d has been working for the colossal Grass-Type all along…
The offer is on the table, and now it’s time for Alice’s team to give their final answer… What will it be?

----------------------

Patches:

Separated by Tyrantrum’s Rock Tomb wall, the team is now in a serious predicament – Momo most of all, as he is the only one in direct confrontation with the ravenous beast. Fortunately, Mio remains grounded and level-headed enough to instruct the party: she and Kei attempt to shatter the stone barrier, while Momo tries his best to measure up to the angry giant – a scenario the lazy Sylveon would much rather avoid altogether, but whose inevitability becomes ever more apparent as Tyrantrum draws nearer...

Kei goes to work on the wall, employing the same technique as before, and fortunately with similar results: with every claw thrust of his Brick Break, the Tomb breaks further and further apart. Meanwhile, Momo finally finds it within him to turn around and face the oncoming threat!

The ground shakes violently with every step of the rampaging Tyrantrum, and it takes every ounce of courage still dormant within the consummate coward to make Momo stand his ground and summon his newfound fairy energy. He channels it in his ribbons and the faintest of breezes begins to blow inside the cave, growing progressively in intensity.
It is at that moment that Kei manages to completely shatter the wall, and in the blink of an eye, the team is reunited against the looming threat! Tyrantrum is now within arm’s reach, jaw agape, ready to devour them while the Fairy Wind is yet to pick up proper force… but the giant stops is charge abruptly, inches away from the group. Once the magical gale is strong enough, Tyrantrum is already completely stationary, eyeing down the party as the damaging wind pelts away at him…

“Why?” he growls, all trace of anger gone and replaced by genuine curiosity. “Why would you risk your lives for such a pathetic, honourless creature? What is he to you that you would defy the Ancient?... Small Pikachu, small Charmander, both filled with such remarkable potential… why would you throw it away for his sake?”

Was it all a test? Was Tyrantrum’s ourburst of fury a façade? Or was he so genuinely touched by Mio and Kei’s dedication that his fury was quelled by the display of foolish bravery? Whatever the reason behind the Ancient’s sudden change in behaviour, it falls on the Pikachu and Charmander to provide an answer and satisfy the titan’s curiosity - unless, of course, they plan to continue the fight while his guard is down…

------------

Balmund:

Despite being mostly foreign to the world of wrestling, Orchrist seems to have an innate ability to make the most of her surroundings, maximizing the environment’s potential to facilitate a successful attack. As such, despite not being formally introduced to the manoeuvre, she quickly grasps the concept and usefulness of an Irish Whip.
The viper wraps her tail around Voladora’s wrist and hurls her across the ring, forcing the Hawlucha to run the ropes and come back with increased momentum. This, Orchrist believes, will allow her to hit a rebound lariat and transition to a sleeper hold, but it’s one sequence of techniques Voladora has seen, experiences and employed a million times before.

“You learn quickly,” she says as she approaches, “but what if your opponent does too?”

With that, she leaps up just as Orchrist prepares to clothesline her, and counters with a flying Dropkick that sends the viper tumbling back and landing precariously on her back. She, of course, realizes the danger of this positioning even without being told what comes next – it is obvious that Voladora, as any Hawlucha, favours aerial strikes….

Orchrist is not wrong. Immediately after toppling the snake, Voladora takes to the top turnbuckle and spreads her feathered arms. But instead of leaping down with the predictable Flying Press, she takes her time to offer her opponent another piece of advice.

“From up here, the impact of my finishing move would probably daze you for three seconds, and in a wrestling match, that’s all it takes to win,” she reminds Orchrist. “But if you can counter that move, it’ll leave you with an opening to strike and turn the match in your favour, like I did just now. Well, ready or not, here I come!!”

Following a dramatic pose, Voladora leaps high in the air, then comes crashing down like a meteor on the prone Seviper with Flying Press. Impact is imminent, but there is still a minuscule window of opportunity to formulate a comeback… what now?!