View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 02:51 AM   #324
myahoo
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches View Post
myahoo – You softly apologize to Wildfire as you return him to his ball, feeling quite bad that you don’t have any recovery items at the moment after how hard he fought. You’re quite annoyed with the kid at this point but you’re forced to listen as he rambles on about his really dumb excuse for what he’s doing. When he finishes, you’re most certainly not impressed at all. So basically, he had no real reason for doing what he’s doing, he attempted to turn it into some sob story when in reality losings just the occasional part of life, he could have just trained better for next time, but no. Instead, he is trying to burn down an entire forest just so he can replicate the Burnt Forest that he has a desire to see and in the process, hurting Pokemon that live here without caring about them at all. You are reminded of the damage he has been causing as you take a moment to look at the Poochyena that was still passed out by a tree off to the side.

Signal seemed to also be feeling the severity of the situation at this point, which caused him to want to win this more than he already had before. Once the boy suggests that you finish the battle, you and Signal are already prepared to do just that. Papi gets ready to begin his Uproar but Signal isn’t about to allow that to start without getting the first hit in and runs up and Sucker Punches him right in the stomach, knocking the wind out of the Palpitoad! Papi rubs his stomach where he was hit for a moment and is now clearly a bit angry at Signal. This time, he manages to begin the Uproar he had attempted to start earlier, he stomps around and loudly makes screeching noises that hurt not only Signal’s ears, but it kind of hurts yours too. Signal quickly begins to gladly use Double Team in hopes that the Palpitoad will aim its Uproar at the wrong target instead, and this technique does seem to work since now Papi is just spinning in circles trying to hit something that counts but isn’t having much luck at the moment. Signal follows up with a Psybeam that also seems to land perfectly, it knocks Papi over and now he is flailing around as he still tries to keep the Uproar going. He’s clearly very hurt and now he’s not even getting up but is just waving his limbs around and making loud noises while he lays there, maybe he’s actually confused?

The opponent is almost done for, so there is no time to waste, Signal Soaks Papi and immediately uses Charge Beam! This time, Papi is most definitely not immune to the attack and his Uproar is now silenced, because he is laying there completely motionless. Signal did it. He completely dominated that Palpitoad who seemed to be so powerful earlier and managed to get pay back for Wildfire. Signal is feeling much stronger after such an accomplishment and suddenly gains 4 levels. “No! No no nooooo!!” The boy returns Papi to his ball and if looks could kill you’d probably be dead right now. “I will get you for this!!” The boy grabs another pokeball off of his belt and raises his arm to throw it but suddenly a well built man with buzzed red hair, a thick red beard, and wearing a red plaid flannel shirt steps out from the shadow of the trees behind him and grabs his arm before he can release whatever is in that ball. “I’d say that’s enough of that.”

“You!!!!” The boy twists around in the man’s grip, struggling to get free but it is no use since the boy is very small in size compared to the man. Although he is holding the boy’s wrist with one hand, he seems to barely notice the boys struggle and looks at you. “You did a wonderful job! Thank you for taking care of him! I showed up just in time for the kid’s little speech and was about to step in then but you seemed to be handling it just fine so I figured I’d just supervise. Anyway, the names Samuel and it’s nice to meet you, I’m the trial captain of the Cloud Florest. I came out here because a couple of bird watchers informed me that someone was starting fires.” The boy finally gives up and stops struggling. “I wouldn’t have had to do it if you didn’t cheat!! That’s the only way my Scyther lost to yours! Everyone’s a cheat!” The teen tries to start an argument with Samuel but he just remains as calm as ever. “Listen kid, losses happen. You need to use those losses to your advantage because they help you grow and become stronger. You just have some growing up to do.” The boy continues to back talk but Samuel just tunes him out. “I’d like to reward you for helping out but I didn’t exactly come prepared with rewards to hand out, however, if you come to my cabin sometime, I’ll gladly repay you for what you’ve done.” Suddenly, two police officers show up and Samuel explains the situation to them, apparently, he had sent them his location while you were battling. Once the officers take the boy away Samuel sighs and rubs the back of his head. “I hope that kid doesn’t ruin your impression of the Cloud Garden, this is generally a really nice place, it’d be unfortunate to allow someone like that to ruin it for you.” Samuel walks over to the passed out Poochyena and lifts it up into his arms. “I’ve gotta take this little guy back to my cabin so he can be treated, like I said, if you ever find yourself at my cabin I will certainly reward you for dealing with this mess.” He begins to walk away while gently carrying the wild Poochyena, he hasn’t gotten all that far away from you yet but you are still left with a moment to decide what you want to do now.
Signal's Sucker Punch landed solidly in the Palpitoad's gut, stopping it from getting its Uproar off immediately. It doesn't stop it for long as it starts screeching after a moment, which, ow. Melissa winced and plugged her ears as best she could, watching Signal wince and blink 'pain' before splitting into several copies. The Palpitoad fails to hit the real Signal, while Signal manages to hit his opponent, knocking the Palpitoad over, where it just...kinda...flails around? Either way, Signal manages to Soak it and then hit it with a Charge Beam, making it go silent.

(Signal goes from Lv. 21 to 25.)

"No! No no nooooo!!" The kid returns his Palpitoad and then glares. "I will get you for this!!"

He grabs another Pokéball off of his belt and prepares to throw it, but a man steps out from somewhere behind the kid and grabs his arm.

"I'd say that's enough of that."

Melissa relaxed from where she was reaching for her own Pokéball, preparing to give Signal some backup, and figured the kid was done.

"You!!!!" The kid tries to twist out of the man's grip, but it doesn't seem to give the man any difficulty, since he takes a moment to speak to her.

"You did a wonderful job! Thank you for taking care of him! I showed up just in time for the kid's little speech and was about the step in then but you seemed to be handling it just fine so I figured I'd just supervise. Anyway, the name's Samuel and it's nice to meet you, I'm the trial captain of the Cloud Forest. I cam out here because a couple of bird watchers informed me that someone was starting fires."

"I wouldn't have had to do it if you didn't cheat!! That's the only way my Scyther lost to yours! Everyone's a cheat!"

Melissa rolled her eyes and shook her head, figuring the kid wouldn't notice her while he was busy arguing with the source of his irritation. What a child.

"Listen kid, losses happen. You need to use those losses to your advantage because they help you grow and become stronger. You just have some growing up to do." Samuel ignored whatever the kid was saying and turned back to Melissa. "I'd like to reward you for helping out but I didn't exactly come prepared with rewards to hand out, however, if you come to my cabin sometime, I'll gladly repay you for what you've done."

Two police officers show up to take custody of the kid as Samuel explains the situation. Melissa figured as a trial captain, the position must give him as much authority as a gym leader if the police showed up when he called for them. As the trio left the clearing, Samuel sighed and rubbed the back of his head.

"I hope that kid doesn't ruin your impression of the Cloud Garden, this is generally a really nice place, it'd be unfortunate to allow someone like that to ruin it for you."

He walked over to the Poochyena and picked it up. "I've gotta take this little guy back to my cabin so he can be treated, like I said, if you ever find yourself at my cabin I will certainly reward you for dealing with this mess."

Melissa quickly returned Signal and followed after Samuel. "If your cabin has somewhere to heal Pokémon, I need to stop by there and heal up too. He knocked my starter out and I don't feel right not having him awake and out." She sighed. "Though, it looks like I might be outta luck again. I ran into you and you're the trial captain, so I guess that's my sign to leave the search for another day."

Wild Future
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote