View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 10:24 AM   #32
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Questions for you:

1) What criteria should be used to assign values to mon? Keep in mind, if we're going to do this, I'd like to see evolution take at least minimal effort to keep NFEs somewhat relevant.

2) Relatedly, how should evos work?

3) How much do we want to have to make people sink into new Pokémon? Do they have to buy a slot and then a Pokémon to fill it? Can they just buy 100 Caterpies if they can afford it?

4) How variable do we want to make the point rankings? 1-10? 1-100? How much nuance do we want to show?

5) Will point values be adjustable? How? When? I know that I don't want to fight over a single Pokémon's value for 10 pages, but I also know mistakes can be made or Pokémon can be reanalyzed as useful.

6) Do we want to try to balance clusters of Pokémon with similar values against each other or balance broadly?

I might have more questions later but this is a good start.
Honestly, price bracketing is almost always going to exist- I doubt we can be arsed to assign an individual, specific price to every single one of the 800+ mons in existence when we could just throw out 'this is 30 points, this is 70 points'. And chances are it'll be based upon the current level acquisitions for translation convenience, either a direct carry-over or a re-analysis of what we have. Evos will probably require point investment, but equally I think they should be more of a banked system, so if you decide to devolve or drop stuff then you don't lose points. Depends how the system ends up working.

Buyable slots should probably take a hike or be limited in some way. If the main motivator for progression is slots, then unlimited buyable slots is sort of counterintuitive.

Reanalysing the point values, honestly it should probably be a case-by-case discussion for a set period of time before people/LOs vote on it.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.