View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 02:56 AM   #305
myahoo
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches View Post
myahoo – Signal really wanted to do a good job and with how things played out in the last round, nothing worked out at all. On top of that, he was pretty confused when the boy actually laughed at him for his mistake. So far you’ve managed to get nowhere when talking to this boy and even Wildfire is starting to slowly look worse for wear after getting hit by that water type attack. Signal wanted to do things right this time and had paid attention to the boys commands because he has prepared himself this time. Papi begins to use Supersonic and the sound waves are aimed perfect at Signal, there is no way the attack will fail if it hits. Fortunately, Signal makes sure that doesn’t happen moves out of the way just in time. Scyther on the other hand has no intention of missing his target and lunges forward, prepared to strike with double Slashes on Signal. The moment Scyther’s blade begins to make contact with him, he lets off a Charge Beam which is even more powerful than normal because not only is Scyther now weak to electric, he is also only inches away from the attacks source. The Slash only manages to barely scrape Signal before Scyther is blown away and electrocuted. The Scyther begins to shake on unsteady legs and Signal is just about to use Shock Wave but then, Scyther completely drops which would make the move useless. (Signal gains 2 levels!)

“What!? Scyther!!” One thing that is clear by the boys reaction is that he does have a heart in there somewhere because it’s clear that he is pretty worried about Scyther as he runs onto the field of battle in order to check on his Pokemon. Meanwhile, Wildfire went to use his first Nature Power and the attack caused him to use the energy around him to create an Energy Ball that he launched right at Papi who wasn’t paying attention because he was still stuck on the fact that his attack on Signal didn’t work. The attack hits the Palpitoad hard and it’s definitely super effective, looks like you’ve made a good choice. (Wildfire gains 1 level!) Now that Papi’s attention has been brought back over to Wildfire he remembers his second move and begins to hit Wildfire with Muddy Water and hits him perfectly while also lowering his accuracy. Wildfire shoots off his second Energy Ball however, the mud in his eyes causes the attack to fly right over Papi’s head. Wildfire appears to be struggling at this point, the two water attacks seem to be taking their toll. Papi was definitely very hurt by the first grass attack but his Aqua Ring healed him a little bit at least, and he seems to still have a decent amount of fight left.

“Damnit!!!” The boy returns Scyther to a pokeball and looks at you with pure disdain. “Do you even understand what you’ve done!? Scyther already felt like a failure after failing that stupid trial and now you’ve gone and knocked him out!” All of the Pokemon on the field are standing still as the boy expresses what he’s feeling since no one is sure what they should be doing at a time like this. “You asked me earlier why I’m doing this, well how about I tell you the real answer after your own Pokemon get to feel what it’s like to fail? Papi!!” You didn’t have time to even react and neither did your Pokemon, it all happened so fast it was as if that Palpitoad had read his trainers mind. Before any of you had any type of chance to stop it, Papi shot Wildfire with a powerful Bubble Beam and that was the last hit the little Cyndaquil could take before also falling over completely knocked out. “Alright, now that we’re on the same page, I’ll tell you because at least now you can feel some of my pain.” The boy is clearly very satisfied with what just happened to Wildfire as he continues. “I’m doing this because Scyther took on the trial here in the forest and lost, after that he was very down on himself for days so we tried again and he failed the second time as well. I didn’t want him to continue to feel like a failure so I wanted to show him that it doesn’t matter, the only reason I want to go higher up this mountain is to visit the Burnt Forest. And well, why should I have to go up there to see it when I can easily just create the same place down here? It’s genius!” The boy has a look of pure confidence as he explains his story. It’s clear that he cares about his Pokemon for the most part but is generally pretty selfish and twisted outside of that. “Welp, let’s wrap this up, Papi. Go ahead and cause an Uproar to take out that Chinchou so we can get out of here.” He then turns to you. “Let’s see if you can beat Papi fair and square, shall we?”
Signal, thankfully, managed to dodge the Supersonic the Palpitoad tried to hit him with and blasted the Scyther with a point-blank Charge Beam. It barely managed to scratch him with its Slash before being thrown away and quickly went down without Signal needing to follow up with a Shock Wave.

(Signal goes from Lv. 19 to 21.)

"What!? Scyther!!" Oh, so the kid did care about the Scyther. He ran onto the battlefield to check on the Scyther as Wildfire landed an Energy Ball on the Palpitoad. Melissa grinned at the hit, but then winced as the Muddy Water splashed over her starter, causing him to miss his next attack. That Palpitoad was definitely a problem, one she could now focus on with the Scyther out of the way.

(Wildfire goes from Lv. 53 to 54.)

"Damnit!!!" Melissa glanced over at the kid as he returned his Scyther, matching his disdain with a raised eyebrow. "Do you even understand what you've done!? Scyther already felt like a failure after failing that stupid trial and now you've gone and knocked him out!" Melissa blinked at the kid, glancing over at the battle that had paused as the kid got whatever was on his chest off it. Well...at least he was talking about it...? "You asked me earlier why I'm doing this, well how about I tell you the real answer after your own Pokemon get to feel what it's like to fail? Papi!!"

Whatever the kid wanted his Pokémon to do, it already knew and shot a Bubblebeam at Wildfire. Her starter was caught off guard and bowled over, passing out after one hit too many. Melissa grimaced, returning him with a silent apology, while Signal blinked 'alarm.' She seriously needed to actually stock up on post-battle recovery items. Five years and she still disregarded them as necessary.

"Alright, now that we're on the same page, I'll tell you because at least now you can feel some of my pain." He sounded very satisfied with taking out Wildfire. "I'm doing this because Scyther took on the trial here in the forest and lost, after that he was very down on himself for days so we tried again and he failed the second time as well. I didn't want him to continue to feel like a failure so I wanted to show him that it doesn't matter, the only reason I want to go higher up this mountain is to visit the Burnt Forest. And well, why should I have to go up there to see it when I can easily just create the same place down here? It's genius!" Melissa was not impressed.

"Welp, let's wrap this up, Papi. Go ahead and cause an Uproar to take out that Chinchou so we can get out of here. Let's see if you can beat Papi fair and square, shall we?"

"...let's," she replied under her breath, hoping her face was clear of the irritation his words had caused her. "Signal? Sucker Punch, Double Team, Psybeam."

If that didn't put it down, she was trying Soak again, just so she could slam it with a Charge Beam.

Wild Future
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote