View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 04:00 PM   #119
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
Missingno. Master: As you explained just a slice of your life to Jack, it became ever more clear that his life had been the safest hands possible. For all he knew, you might have been the most epic trainer to walk through the doors of the fisherman's establishment, and surely the best equipped to have dealt with the situation you all faced today. Aster especially seemed to think so, but for the meek creature, she certainly had a lot to live up to if she wanted to shine just as brightly as her fellow teammates. Could she ever hope to face opponents like that, overtake her predecessors, and make you proud...?

“A whole school of...? Are you serious?” Maie asked, appalled by the story that she had heard. Jack nodded with an exhausted sigh. “Oh, for goodness sake, we never should have let that lot take all of those lures and that boat!”
“We had to give them the benefit of the doubt. Not every big group of boys is out for a party, they normally stick to the beach.” Jack said. Maie huffed, but it soon fell into a relieved sigh.
“Well, I'm glad you're both safe. Wishiwashi are known as the demons of the sea for a reason, and in their school form, even League Assocation members sometimes turn and run if they can.” The woman explained, “Congratulations on your catch. Jack, dear, call the rangers and ask them to check the lake for us, will you? We can handle the clean up from here. Those poor things.”

With a lazy 'on it', the older man disappeared off back to do as he had been asked, and Maie stopped what she was doing for an alternate task. You wonder briefly if it was your queue to go, but instead, the lady set down what looked to be three Lure Balls. They were obviously customised, though, with a Minnaoan symbol etched onto the front of the translucent spheres, and a technical machine. “Here, for all of the trouble you went through. I'm sorry your fishing trip didn't go to plan, but I promise that they aren't all like that! If you give us a few days and come back, or ring in, we'll let you know when it's safe to go out next. In the meantime, take these as a thank you. He's acting cool, but, without you... I might have lost my Jack today and he means the world to me.”

With that sentiment, your good deeds are done for the day, and it seemed time to scoot. Your adventure booty included:

1x TM Rain Dance
3x Minnaoan Lure Ball
1x Level 12 Derp Tier Salty Sour Male Wishiwashi

Thanks for playing!
Maie was astonished and appalled by the story Keith relayed to her, furious with the party animals whose carelessness and loud music had contributed so significantly to the Wishiwashi attack. She lamented having ever letting them take the boat and all those lures. Jack reminded her that they had to give them the benefit of the doubt- how were they to know they'd do this, when not every such group causes such trouble?

"The demons of the sea, huh?" Keith repeated as Maie explained about Wishiwashi. "I believe it. Still, though," he added, glancing at the Lure Ball in his hand. "I think Zygill here and I are gonna get along just fine."

Not long after this, Maie asked Jack to call the rangers and get them to check the lake. Once he went off to do that, Maie went to do something else. For a second, Keith wondered whether this was his cue to leave, but that quickly proved to not be the case- three customized Lure Balls with a Minnaoan symbol etched onto each one, as well as a Technical Machine. These were the items Keith was being handed by Maie right now, as thanks for what he did, and compensation for the trouble he'd been through. "Thank you," Keith smiled as he accepted the items. He shook his head as Maie apologized for the unexpected turn of events, and promised that things weren't always so insane out on the lake. "It's fine," he replied. "A lot of my adventures tend to not go as planned, but I can safely say that my life is anything but boring," he grinned. "Besides, went fishing, caught a Water Pokémon, I'd call that a success," he shrugged, indicating the occupied Lure Ball still in his hand. "I'll be happy to come back," he assured Maie. "Whether for an even more thrilling adventure or for a more peaceful day of fishing." With that, he stowed away the TM and the Lure Balls in his backpack, and took his leave at last.

"Man," Meowth sighed. "Can't youse go anywhere witout gettin' inta some other big crazy adventure?"

"Probably not, Meowth," replied Keith. "But y'know what?" he added. "I don't think I'd have it any other way. Got some more Lure Balls, got that TM, I think it's for Rain Dance or something like that, Pisces learned Hydro Cannon, and you," he added, turning to the Shiny Mareanie on his other shoulder. "Aster, you did pretty good back there. I'm proud of you," he smiled.

"Ma... Reanie~" Aster smiled, hugging her Trainer. Tentacle spikes facing away from his person, naturally. Keith hugged Aster back as they headed back to the Banette's Revenge. There was still one more order of business, though- once they got home, it would be time to introduce Zygill to his new teammates.

*Adventure Complete!*

*Obtained 3 Lure Balls!*

*Keith obtained a TM18 Rain Dance!*

Thanks for the updates, Meetan! I enjoyed this adventure immensely, and you can bet I'll be back in this zone at the first opportunity. And Soy Sauce, if you read this, thanks to you as well, for beginning my adventure in the first place.

My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote