View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 01:28 AM   #80
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

Quote:
PikaGod:

The man’s face lights up when you agree to take part in the event. For a second you thought he was going to break character and make a scene, but he manages to cool his jets at the very last second and audibly clears his throat instead.

“Th-that’s damn right! Time ta show those rookies errythin’ I taught ya,” he declares with pomp and circumstance, making sure everyone else waiting to sign up understands you are most definitely not skipping ahead of the line, but rather… well, you’re not sure what the implied justification is, but it seems you’re getting a pass under the impression that you are the clerk’s relative or something.

“If ya got yerself a Fishin’ Rod of yer own, that’s fine, otherwise ya can borrow an Old Rod of ours. Anyway, here are yer choices.”

He retrieves a second brochure from behind the counter and slams it on the wooden surface.

“Y’take one of our little boats parked over yonder and steer it to one o’ these spots: near the shore are the lazy kinds o’ fish, the ones who dun care if all they get ta eat is engine fuel and tourist trash. They can grow pretty damn huge out of all the junk they eat, mind ya, but ya ain’t gunna find anythin’ special here I reckon. Further up North in a straight line ya might whip up some pretty interestin’ stuff, but more often than not, folk come up empty-handed; it’s a heck of a lot harder to reel anythin’ in, but the cautious species that dun like us humans are usually found around there, closer to the open sea. If ya take the boat west, where the water’s more shallow, ya might find species that like ta hide in the sand, ones with ground inclinations ya could say, bottom-crawlers that prolly ain’t too hard to snag, though some can grow to pretty brutal sizes! And to cap it off, if ya steer that trusty old plank o’ wood to the east, ya get the cold current; it wards off the casual swimmer, and water Pokémon who like the lower temperatures usually swim over there; not sure they’ll take a bite o’ your bait, since they usually go for fancier stuff, but ya never know – they’ve been known ta bite when they get real hungry!”

He looks at you, all proud of his “professional” explanation. One thing’s for sure – he can be proud of the Fishing Spot he’s got here, with so much variety of species!

“Here ya go: three pieces o’ bait. That’s all ya get, so make it count! Here’s the catch though – ya can snag three fish, but ya can bring back one, so ya got send the other two overboard before you’re all set ta return! Bring back something proper nice and we got sumthin’ great in store as a prize too! Off ya go then, go ‘n make me famous will ya?!”
"I'll put you on the damn map," said Melody, a triumphant smile on her face.

Secretly of course, she didn't give two shits about what happened to the man or his fishing competition. She was all about getting herself a bit more positive publicity, as well as possibly getting herself a new teammate. But, of course, she had already decided to play along with the show.

"Well I don't need to borrow a Rod, I've got one of my own, and I've got my Spinarak if that ends up failing," she said, motioning to Silk, the Spinarak sitting on her shoulder. "But I will take that bait."

And with that Melody was ready to get fishing... except she didn't know where she was gonna go fishing first.

"Where do we wanna fishing?" Melody asked Princess, raising her fingers as she listed off each option. "Do we want to go near the shore, do we wanna go north? East? West?"

The Stufful took a couple of seconds to think it over, the expressions on her face clear evidence that she was putting some serious effect into it. Actually it was more effort than Melody thought she would actually put into it. After those several very intense seconds passed Princess motioned to the second finger Melody put up. Clearly Princess wanted to go North. Well then, North it was.

"Alrighty then Princess," said Melody, starting to make her way over to the small little boat. "Let's get going, we got ourselves some fish to catch!"

PikaGod is offline   Reply With Quote