View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 01:59 PM   #288
Maskerade
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
BEDLAM RIDGE
The Temporary City Zone

Marshal's Headquarters (Marshals): Situated in the relatively stable north, the headquarters of the police force is a large compound with tight security, home to the Goldenridge Marshals in their fight to restore the name of Goldenridge to bedlam. The force has recently started a campaign against the Shells and Ribs, seeking to push them out of the city once and for all, and are willing to accept mercenary support from trainers willing to help out in the fight. The reinforced location seems to be more attractive to pokemon who enjoy a sense of justice and honour. Reply in Silver.

Sacré blue. This place... it reeks of corruption!

Bedlam Ridge, the land plunged in the chaos of war, was probably the single most unstable and consequently dangerous location in Fizzytopia at present. And while he would have much preferred to start somewhere quieter to get his bearings in this new Region, his fans back home had expectations he still had to meet. And they expected great things of their hero…

Just this one job. Then I’ll do things at my own pace, at long last.

He’d told himself that he would leave everything behind, his old life as Champion of Kalos and the oppressive adoration of the masses. But in this day and age, it was impossible to take two steps without being noticed, and exceedingly easy for his admirers to keep track of his every action… Perhaps this one last act of heroism, helping the Marshalls of Bedlam Ridge restore peace to the land, would appease his fanbase for long enough to allow him to pursue his own endeavours, away from prying eyes.

All I want is to be a normal Trainer, without the eyes of an entire Region locked on me…

He finally arrived at the Headquarters’ main entrance, and stood there for a moment, taking it in. No doubt this was one of the quieter parts of Bedlam, but he knew respite would be temporary if he offered his aid to the officers of what little law was left here. Soon he would be embroiled in the issues of this land and their problems would become his own – if only for that, he would savour these last seconds of peace while he could.

Floating above his shoulder was the energetic Polaris, his first companion of this new chapter in his life; eager to prove himself worthy of Luc de Beaufort’s confidence, and craving the same fame and recognition the man was quickly growing tired of, the Tynamo was considerably more excited about the adventure ahead than his Trainer.
Equally excited, but for altogether distinct reasons, was the massive Seviper coiling itself around Luc’s leg. Vega, recently adopted, was just now getting her first taste of freedom, and oh how she longed to hunt again. Perhaps she would finally be allowed to sink her teeth into a prey worth conquering, rather than the half-dead weaklings that had been thrown her way for most of her life. She wondered how a criminal’s flesh tasted…

Et bien… Let us go.”