View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 10:50 PM   #67
Toyo
melon doggo

Magikarp Update Set 4a

hey so minnao has obviously been slowing down pretty hard so for the sake of speed im splitting my update group down the middle so that people don't have to wait as long. MM, Gary, ABL, and Sparkbeat will be in group A and Iron, Tate, Lit, and Connor will be group B. Group B should be out in the next week. thanks for understanding, everyone!

Sandaa: "Yaaay!" Marissa hops up once and cheers. "Josie, we're gonna see a POKEMON BATTLE!" She shadowboxes for a moment, throwing her tiny fists towards a few people across the way, almost specks on the horizon. Josie, the girl in pink, now has a turn to roll her eyes.

"Marissa, he just said he's not gonna battle. Duh." Josie starts walking that way towards those people. Marissa lets Joe know that they're leaving and you hear just a subtle "Huh?" from the boy. Him and the Marill stand up and look to you for a second.

"Aero is a good Mantine. I like him a lot. Thank you for letting me pet him." Joe says to you, and he reaches into a pocket in his swim trunks. He extends an open hand to you, and inside, there is light beige seashell, not much smaller than a ping pong ball. "Do you want this? I found it on the beach earlier." There doesn't seem to be anything of signifigance to the little seashell, but Joe seems to want you to have it for letting him pet Aero.

Regardless of your choice., you are led over to the kid's family - there, you see 3 adults - two older men who look vaguely similar, with light brown hair and round noses, and a woman about their age, all in some... garishly tourist-y clothes. One of the two men, who you guess to be the "Dennis" character that the kids had talked about, is a fair bit paler than the other, and is wearing khakis alongside his bright green floral top. He's messing with what seems to be some scuba diving gear, trying to adjust the straps. A Clamperl sits beside him a foot or two away, sitting just barely in the water. He notices you and the kids approaching. Josie waves to Dennis. "Hi Dad!"

The other two adults - both in cheap lounge chairs - look up as well. "Hey, kids. Made a friend?" he says, sitting up a bit and moving his sunglasses up to the top of his head.

Marissa steps forward this time, quickly. "Yeah! His name is... uh. I don't know! But he has a Mantine named Aero and he's super cool and he's the one who rode in on the Mantine and was gliding and it was SO COOL! Did you know Mantine and Sharpedo are related? How cool!" She blurts out, and then sharply inhales. "Anyways, I told him you can battle and can you guys battle? I wanna see!" She continues.

Bill, the name you remember from earlier, stands up from his sunbathing position and walks over to you. "Azu and them are on vacation too from the tournament circuit, so we'll let them have their rest for now. The name's Bill. Thanks for entertaining them for a bit. You a trainer?" He says, extending his hand to you for a handshake. Dennis returns back to whatever work he was doing before, probably glad his brother is doing the talking and he can keep working on the scuba stuff. What will you do?

Aero gains 1 level from his experience with these kids.

Sparkbeat: See Update Set 1.

ABL: See Update Set 3.

Missingno. Master: As you ask Maie for both of them to come along, she shrugs and smiles. "No worries, I don't mind at all. I've got some work to catch up on around here anyways." She tosses her Lure Ball and catches it. You notice a fair bit of paper work across the glass cabinet, apparently enough to keep her busy...? "Those boats barely fit two, so get going. Orta Lake waits for no one!" Maie waves you again towards the door in the back, making the choice for you.

As you step into the second room, you're greeted with a simple fishing shack sort of room - most of the floor is water, built on the edge of the lake, and the walls are set with extra fishing poles and one or two minifridges {likely stuffed with bait) sit on the wooden outer edges. You see Jack standing in a small boat untying the ropes to a pole in the building. Maie was definitely right - Jack takes up just about half of it, and there's probably enough room for you and two or three reasonably small Pokemon.

Jack gestures for you to come into the little boat. "Alright man, hop on in. careful now." Jack says, reaching his hand out to help you into the boat. Adventure on your own ship has given you a bit of comfort to travelling in water, but the size difference between the two makes this trip much more shaky. However, Jack takes his seat with his oars, amd smiles reasurringly. "No worries! I'm used to this. We could've taken the bigger one, motor and all, but those kids are having their fun." Jack says to you. and continues, "Well, fishing rods at the ready, right?" Fishing approaches - what will you do?
Toyo is offline   Reply With Quote