View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 11:19 PM   #19
EpicSquirtle
Adrift in a sea of dreams

Team Catalysts Final Stand! Part 4

Making their way to the third floor of Catalyst tower, Tyler and Zebstrika stopped cold in their tracks upon noticing what greeted them. The walls and floor...it was caked in blood! And yet..neither of them could spot anyone, dead or alive in the sprawling corridor ahead.

"I don't like the look of this Zebstrika..." Tyler murmured, his voice filled with dread, instead of his usual enthusiasm.

The thunderbolt Pokemon gave a small nod. Just what had happened here?
Realizing that they wouldn't gain any answers by sitting around, the two pressed on, Zebstrika trying it's best to ignore the feeling of warm blood beneath it's feet.

Making their way through the blood soaked hallway, the pair eventually found themselves at a large doorway. The sign beside the door was covered in blood, making it illegible.
Debating if he should open the door, the man eventually caved, pushing open the large door against his better judgement.

What greeted him next could only be described as absolutely horrifying. While Tyler and Zebstrika hadn't been able to spot a single person in the halls, the pair could now see where they had all been. Much like the hall before, the room was covered in blood, even so much as caking the tables and beds.
On the ground was various people and Pokemon, some with their limbs intact...while others weren't so lucky. It took all of Tyler's willpower not to vomit.

Among the murdered Catalyst members, Tyler spotted a man wearing a black lab coat, beside him a fallen Aggron. It seemed even Catalyst admins hadn't been spared in the blood bath. Tyler was about to leave, when a weak voice called out to him.

"You're one of the intruders..." The voice said, causing Tyler to turn his attention to the source. In the corner of the room was a tall woman with long, silky black hair. She was wearing a black lab coat, and was standing over a dead Sudowoodo.

"You...you're an admin of Team Catalyst!" Tyler exclaimed. "Tell me what's going on here! Have you guys seriously gone mad?!"

"You...you really don't get it...do you?" Shelly questioned, sounding as if she was about to burst into tears.

"This is all on you. Because of you and your friends stupid mission...all of these innocent people are dead!" Shelly barked.

"Our mission? What the hell are you talking about?! We would never do something like this!" Tyler exclaimed, Zebstrika giving a firm nod in support.

"Sure maybe not directly...but by supporting Project X....you're allowing that foul beast to run rampant." Shelly explained. "With Project X running around...it's only a matter of time before it destroys everything else in it's path."

"What...no way...this is Project X's doing?" Tyler murmured.
"W-why should I believe you? Why should I believe any of you Catalyst scum?"

"Believe me if you want, I'm not going to convince you. I don't care any more." Shelly replied. "I've already lost my friends...and potentially my daughter as well."

"I-I'm sorry to hear that.." Tyler murmured, before turning to Zebstrika.
"Come on Zebstrika, we've got to warn the others." He said, prompting a weak nod from the thunderbolt Pokemon.
----
Catalyst Tower - Fourth Floor
----
"A-alright Hazel...we made it. Only a little longer to go." Jake said upon reaching the top of the stairs.

"Y-yeah." Hazel panted. "H-hopefully...n-no more Catalyst grunts show up."

Taking a look at his surroundings, Jake noticed that the fourth floor was somewhat different from the previous floors. Instead of a maze of corridors, this floor appeared to only have one, though much like the others, this corridor also appeared to stretch to the other side of the building.
At the far end of the hall, Jake spotted a rather large door, just like the one in the previous room. Suddenly the door opened, a Catalyst grunt having pushed it wide open. Wasting no time, the grunt ran down the hallway, only to stop upon noticing Jake.

"An intruder! I don't have time for this!" The woman exclaimed.

"T-then let me go..it's obvious you n-need to get somewhere..right?" Jake asked.

"No that won't do. I just need to deal with you quickly. Dustox, Beautifly let's go!" The grunt exclaimed as she chucked two Pokeballs in front of her. From them the two Bug types emerged, both looking rather eager to battle.

A double battle? Then Jake knew just Pokemon to pick! Grabbing two regular Pokeballs from his bag, Jake tossed them into the air, revealing a Plusle and Minun to be inside.

"A battle? I-I don't know about this..." Hiku murmured.

"It's going to be ok! We'll be able to do this together." Tasu said, trying her best to cheer the Minun up.

"Thank sis...alright I'm ready to go." Hiku replied.

"Beautifly, go for Air Cutter and Bug Buzz on Plusle. Dustox, go for Sludge Bomb and Silver Wind on Minun!" The Catalyst grunt barked.

"Ok...Tasu u-use Discharge and Quick Attack on Dustox. Hiku use Discharge a-and Quick Attack on Beautifly!" Jake ordered.

Tasu was the first to act! Gathering electrical energy, the Plusle released a large amount of electricity throughout the battlefield, striking Beautifly and Dustox, as well as Hiku! Not only that, but Tasu's attack seemed to be stronger then usual, thanks to Hiku's Minus ability!

Angered by the Plusle's assault, Beautifly began to flap it's wings, sending blades of wind flying throughout the battlefield, striking both Tasu and Hiku, causing the pair to cry out!

Ready to give it his all, Hiku copied what sister had previously done, before sending a large amount of electricity at both his opponent's, as well as at Tasu!
if that wasn't enough, it seemed Hiku's Discharge attack was stronger then usual, thanks to Tasu's Plus ability!

Focusing on Hiku, Dustox began to gather poisonous energy in front of it, before firing a barrage of sludge at it's opponent! Unable to react in time, Hiku was struck by the powerful poison attack, sending the Minun flying back.

For her second attack, Tasu charged towards Beautifly at a blinding speed. At the same time, Hiku began to copy his sister, dashing towards Dustox as fast as his legs could carry him. Upon reaching their opponents, the pair slammed into them, dealing a small amount of damage to the Beautifly and Dustox!

Ready to make it's next move, Beautifly began to flap it's wings, sending out waves of green bug energy. As the waves of green energy washed over her, Tasu couldn't help but cry out, the power of the attack causing her to stumble back.

With Beautifly focused on Tasu, Dustox took the opportunity to attack Hiku! Flapping it's wings, the poison moth Pokemon sent out silver blades of energy towards the Minun, striking Hiku and causing him to let out a small cry.

"Tasu use Discharge t-then Spark on Beautifly. Hiku g-go for Discharge then Nuzzle on Dustox!" Jake ordered.

"Beautifly go for Bug Buzz and Shadow Ball on Plusle! Dustox go for Psychic and Psybeam on Minun!" The Catalyst grunt ordered.

Tasu was once again the first to act! After amassing a large amount of electrical energy in her body, the Plusle released it throughout the area, shocking both of her opponent's, as well as Hiku!

In retaliation, Beautifly began to beat it's wings, summoning waves of bug energy. The bug energy quickly washed over Tasu, causing the Plusle to cry out, before falling back slightly.

Now it was Hiku's turn to act! Gathering electrical energy into his body, the Minun then released it all around himself, striking Beautifly and Dustox, as well as Tasu!

Eager to join in, Dustox began to gather up psychic energy, before sending a wave of it flying towards Hiku! Unable top react in time, Hiku let out a sharp cry as the wave of energy smashed into him, causing him to be sent flying back.

For her second attack, Tasu surrounded herself in a veil of blue electricity, before running towards her opponent! Upon reaching the Beautifly, Tasu slammed into butterfly Pokemon, prompting a loud shriek from it.

Angered by the Plusle's assault, Beautifly began to gather spectral energy in front of itself, forming a sphere with it. The butterfly Pokemon then sent the sphere of energy flying towards Tasu, striking the Plusle and causing her to stumble back.

Ready to perform his second attack, Hiku charged his cheeks with electrical energy, before diving at Beautifly! The Minun then began to rub his cheeks on the butterfly Pokemon, prompting another shriek from it.
Once Hiku had finished attacking, Beautifly fell to the ground, the Minun's last attack having proved to be too much for it.
Even with it's teammate down, Dustox was determined to win! Gathering up more psychic energy, the poison moth Pokemon released a multi-coloured beam at Hiku! Upon striking the Minun, Hiku let out a small cry, before stumbling back at the power of the attack.

"Beautifly return!" The Catalyst grunt called out as she returned the butterfly Pokemon to it's ball.
"It's all on you now Dustox! Use Sludge Bomb on Plusle and Bug Buzz on Minun!" The Catalyst grunt barked.

"L-let's finish this! Tasu use Chocolate Magic and Discharge. Hiku u-use Quick Attack then follow with Discharge!" Jake ordered.

This time Hiku was the first to act. With great speed, the Minun rushed towards Dustox, slamming into the poison moth Pokemon and dealing a small amount of damage to it.

Tasu was the next to act. Gathering energy in front of herself, the Plusle fired a blast of chocolate at Dustox! Upon making contact with the gooey chocolate, Dustox's wings began to grow heavier and heavier, until the poison moth could no longer support itself!
Falling downwards, the poison moth Pokemon couldn't help but let out a shriek upon smashing onto the floor!

Despite being stuck on the ground, Dustox still found the strength to continue! Gathering poisonous energy, Dustox released a barrage of hardened sludge at Tasu, causing the Plusle to cry out as she was struck but countless amounts of sludge.

For his second attack, Hiku started to amass electrical energy in his body, before sending it flying through out the area, shocking both Dustox and Tasu!

Following in her brother's footsteps, Tasu gathered up more electrical energy, releasing the built up energy and striking both Dustox and Hiku with it!
This proved to be too much for the poison moth Pokemon, who let out a loud shriek, before becoming unresponsive.

"Dustox return!" The grunt cried out, withdrawing the poison moth Pokemon to it's ball, before turning her attention to Jake.
"You're...stronger then you look. I-I can see why Chris is so interested in you." The grunt murmured, before scurrying off towards the stairs.

Though he was confused by what the grunt had meant, Jake knew he didn't have the time to ponder the exact meaning of the grunt's words. Instead he turned his attention to Tasu and Hiku. snatching their Pokeballs from his bag as he did so.

"You two were g-great out there. Now rest up for now." Jake said, before withdrawing the Plusle and Minun. Placing their Pokeballs back in his bag, Jake drew his attention to the path ahead. With another battle behind them, Jake and Hazel pressed onwards, growing ever closer to their destination.
----
"Alright, we've finally made it...the fourth floor." Turtwig said, having finished ascending a large spiral staircase.

"Yes, it is quite the relief." Telpo chimed. "Though I fear we will still have many trials ahead. How many floors did you say this tower has Zack?"

"Five. Though I fear Telpo is quite right, we shouldn't let our guards down just yet." Zack said, receiving a nod from the rest of the group in response.

Making their way down a large corridor, it quickly became clear to the group this wings purpose. On each side of them were countless cages. Though each of them was empty at the moment, it was doubtful that they had always remained this way.

"Zack is this-"

"Where they keep Pokemon for their experiments? I'm afraid so." Zack replied, cutting Telpo off.

"I see..then this is where my teammates were kept..right?" Telpo questioned.

"Yeah. This is the place." Boldore nodded.

"It's a shame what happened...I only wish we could have done something sooner." Turtwig murmured.

"It's not your fault." Telpo chimed. "There wasn't anyway you could have known."

"Yeah I know...but still. I owe Jake and you guys for saving me...so..I feel like I need to make it up to you. But all I've done is fail at helping you guys." Turtwig explained.

"Nonsense, you've been a big help." Telpo replied. "But I think I get what you mean. My master saved me from my fate at the adoption center...and so I've pledged to do whatever it is to protect him. Sometimes I feel like I've failed him...but he says that he would never consider me a failure." Telpo continued.
"Jake is nice like that...I'm sure he'd never consider you a failure...so just try your best, ok?"

"Wow...umm..thanks Telpo..I think I needed that." Turtwig murmured.

"I'm glad to hear that." Telpo chimed, before turning his attention back to the long corridor ahead.
Reaching the end of the hall, the group was about to turn, when the presence of a Catalyst grunt stopped them in their tracks.

"Their you are! I've finally found you!" The grunt exclaimed, a scowl forming on his face upon noticing Zack.

"Fancy meeting you here Zack. I had heard that you were siding with these intruders, but I couldn't bring myself to believe it...until now." The grunt said.

"Whatever, Zack or not, I'll destroy ever last one of you scumbags for what you've done. Venomoth let's go!" The grunt exclaimed as he tossed a Pokeball into the air.

From the ball emerged the Venomoth, who seemed unphased at the presence of the group in front of it.
But something was off about this Venomoth, Telpo realized. The Venomoth seemed somewhat familiar...but the Abra couldn't quite put his finger on it.
But Telpo didn't have to, as Turtwig and his friend's next words revealed just why that Venomoth seemed so familiar.

"Venomoth!? What are you doing here!?" Turtwig exclaimed in surprise.

"So you've decided to go back to Team Catalyst? After everything that happened at the bar...you've decided to go back?" Ariados questioned.

To his former teammates questions, Venomoth did nothing, his expression as blank as ever.

"Forget it, Venomoth was always on his side, remember? He won't listen." Drilbur said.

"Telpo what's going on?" Zack asked, confused by Turtwig's group and their reactions.

"Long story short you know how Turtwig and them used to be owned by Jake's father, right? Well..he also used to own a Venomoth...and somehow this guy now owns that Venomoth." Telpo explained.

"Come on Zack, let me at him! I'll take him down no problem!" Turtwig exclaimed, Telpo quick to translate.

"No, you guys stay back. Telpo is going to handle this." Zack replied.

"Alright...but don't forget I'm right here." Turtwig said, Telpo once again translating his words.

"Zack..are you sure I'm the best choice? I mean...my master doesn't usually use me in battle too much." Telpo explained.
"You'll do fine. Now Telpo, go with Fire Punch and Psychic!" Zack ordered.

"Venomoth, use Sludge Bomb and Silver Wind!" The Catalyst grunt ordered.

Starting the battle off, Venomoth began to gather poisonous energy, before firing a barrage of sludge at Telpo! Unable to react in time, Telpo was forced to take the full force of the attack, causing him to fall back slightly.

Now it was Telpo's turn to attack! Cloaking his fist in flames, Telpo floated over to the Venomoth, before delivering a powerful punch to the poison moth pokemon, causing it to let out a small cry.

In retaliation, Venomoth began to rapidly flap it's wings, sending silver blades of energy towards Telpo, striking the Abra with a super effective attack!

For his second attack, Telpo began to gather up psychic energy, before releasing it in the form of a wave. The wave of psychic energy flew towards Venomoth, striking the poison moth Pokemon and sending it flying back!

"Venomoth, use Energy Ball and Silver Wind!" The Catalyst grunt barked.

"Telpo use Psychic once more, then Ice Punch!" Zack ordered.

Venomoth was once again the first to act! Gathering grass energy in front of itself, the poison moth Pokemon sent a sphere of the energy flying in Telpo's direction! Unable to react in time, the Abra cried out as the powerful attack sent waves of pain through his body.

Gathering up more psychic energy, Telpo fired a wave of it out at his opponent, scoring another super effective blow on the Venomoth!

For it's second attack, Venomoth began to rapidly flap it's wings, sending silver blades of energy crashing into Telpo!

Cloaking his fist in ice, Telpo floated over to his opponent, before striking the Venomoth with a swing of his arm.

"Telpo use Fire Punch andPsychic!" Zack called to the Abra.

"Venomoth, go for Psybeam and Silver Wind!" The Catalyst grunt barked.

Collecting psychic energy, Venomoth fired a multi-coloured beam of it at Telpo, causing the Abra to fall back slightly.

Now it was Telpo's turn to act. Covering his fist in flames, Telpo floated over to the poison moth Pokemon, before delivering a powerful punch to his opponent, causing the Venomoth to let out a loud shriek.

Angered by the Abra's assault, Venomoth began to rapidly beat it's wings, sending blades of silver energy out towards Telpo. As the powerful attack slammed into him, Telpo let out a sharp cry! It seemed that the Abra had very little left in him.
Despite this, Telpo refused to give up! Gathering more psychic energy, the Abra sent another wave of it out towards his opponent.
Upon making contact with the Venomoth, it let out a loud shriek, before flying backwards into his trainer with enough force to knock the grunt of his feet! The pair proceeded to crash into a nearby wall, before falling to the floor.

"Wow Telpo, that was amazing! You knocked them both clean out!" Turtwig exclaimed.

"Thanks, but that wasn't really my intention." Telpo replied.

"What are we supposed to do with them now? Do we just leave them be?" Ariados questioned, Telpo translating for him.

"No, we can't just leave them here. We need a sure fire way of keeping them out of trouble." Zack replied. "Any ideas?"

"How about we put them in one of the cells?" Telpo suggested. "They're made for holding Pokemon..so I doubt either of them will be able to bust out."

"An excellent idea Telpo..I was just about to suggest it myself." Zack said.

"Wait, we won't be able to open or lock the cells without a key." Telpo chimed. "Unless we can find a key, we're going to have to come up with a new plan."

"Fret not Telpo...for there's another way to open these." Zack replied as he made his way to a small PIN pad on the side of a wall.

"You see, if I just punch in the code they should open." Zack explained as he punched various keys on the device, before all the cell doors swung open.

"Well that's definitely convenient." Telpo chimed. "It's a bit weird that it's the same password though...you'd they'd have changed it since you left."

"Yeah, I guess that's weird." Zack gave a light shrug. "Now I'm assuming everyone else is ok with the idea?"

Receiving a nod from the rest of the group, a small smile formed on Zack's face.
"Perfect. Well then, while Turtwig's group and I take care of that, Telpo can you scout ahead for us? It's important." Zack explained.

"Ok sure, I'll report back if I find anything." Telpo chimed, before floating off ahead, leaving Turtwig's group and Zack behind.

"Alright, now Boldore, Ariados, you take Venomoth. The rest of you, let's drag that grunt inside." Zack instructed, grabbing the Catalyst grunt's arms as he did so.

Following the man's orders, Turtwig began to push the grunt with all his might, Drilbur following shortly after.

Meanwhile, Ariados began to hoist his former teammate onto Boldore's back, being extra careful not to awaken the poison moth Pokemon.

Once inside one of the cages, the group took great care in placing the two gently on the concrete floor.

"Alright, let's get going then. We don't have much time." Zack said, receiving a nod from the others in response.

With that, Zack quickly exited the cell, watching as the others began to follow.
----
As Hazel and Jake continued their search of the tower, the pair came across a rather large door. Peeking through the window, Jake could see that the interior sported a familiar clay floor. Jake had seen enough of these rooms by now to know what was going on. Inside had to be the fourth Catalyst admin's post.
Taking in a deep breath, Jake slowly pushed open the door, Hazel right behind him. Once in side, Jake immediately noticed a large spiraling staircase at the back of the room. In front of them was a man all too familiar to Jake. Of course, it was none other then Ryan Williams, eighth time champ of the Electric Masters tournament.
Jake didn't want to believe it..but he knew this outcome was likely, considering the information they had obtained at Hagane Labs.

Despite the young trainer's presence in the room, Ryan seemed not to notice, instead paying full attention to his PokeGear.

"-there's no way! ...You're sure? Shelly too? T-thanks for running it by me though... Alright bye." Ryan said, before ending the call, shoving the black PokeGear in his pocket.

With nothing left to distract him, Ryan turned to face the trainer in front of him.
"So Jake...you've finally arrived. I didn't want to tell you about my allegiance with Team Catalyst back at the tournament, but I guess there's nothing left to hide."

Before Jake could say anything, a strong pain gripped his head, causing him to cry out.

"Jake! A-are you ok?" Hazel questioned.

"I-I'm fine Hazel...I-I just..remembered something is all..." Jake murmured, the pain already subsiding.

"Y-you were there...you helped Shelly..steal my Pokemon." Jake said, turning his attention back to Ryan.
"How can any of you c-claim to be in the right....y-you're no better then common thieves!"

"I don't need to explain my reasons to you." Ryan replied, giving a shake of his head.
"You're not going to listen to me, just as I won't with you. We both have our own reasons, and nothing is going to change them..us battling here was inevitable."

"W-well then answer me this. Y-you saved me and Tyler..from those grunts in Rayo woods... I-if you're on the same side...then why did you do it?" Jake questioned, sounding genuinely curious.

"Let's just say some of us have a few conflicting ideals, and leave it at that." Ryan replied.

"Now, it's time for us to battle once again. I can assure you, I won't be holding back this time!"

----
Elite Catalyst Admin Ryan Williams appeared!

----

"Alright Raichu, you're up!" Ryan exclaimed as he chucked a Pokeball in front of him. From the ball emerged the mouse Pokemon, who patiently awaited it's trainers orders.

As Jake began to consider which Pokemon he was going to pick, a sudden idea sprung into his mind. Was it stupid? Jake had to admit that it was. Still, the thought of getting revenge for every Electric type Ryan had wronged was very appealing.
After a couple moments of debate, Jake had finally settled on the idea. He was going to try his best to use only Electric types against Ryan.

With this in mind, Jake snatched a regular Pokeball from his bag, before tossing it into the air. From the ball materialized a Pachirisu, who began to look around at her surroundings in disgust.

"It's so messy in here! How am I supposed to battle in such conditions?!" Patches exclaimed.

"C-calm down Patches. I just need you to do your best, o-ok?" Jake questioned.
"Alright fine. But don't expect me to be happy about it." Patches replied.

"Ok..Patches use Quick Attack then Seed Bomb!" Jake ordered.

"Raichu, start with Disarming Voice, then use Brick Break!" Ryan barked.

Not wasting a single moment, Patches raced towards her opponent at a great speed. Upon reaching the Raichu, Patches slammed into the mouse Pokemon, dealing a small amount of damage to it.

In retaliation, Raichu let out a small cry, summoning pink sound waves from it's mouth. The sounds waves homed in on Patches, relentlessly chasing the Pachirisu before striking her, causing her to cry out.

But Raichu wasn't quite done yet. Gathering fighting energy in it's arm, the mouse Pokemon lunged at Patches, before delivering a powerful strike to the Pachirisu.

For her second attack, Patches began to gather grass energy in front of herself, forming a green sphere with it. Patches then fired the sphere of energy towards her opponent. Upon making contact with the mouse Pokemon, the ball of energy exploded, prompting Raichu to let out a sharp cry!

"Ok Raichu let's use Mud Slap, then Focus Blast!" Ryan barked.

"Patches, g-go with Shock Wave, follow with Seed Bomb!" Jake ordered.

This time Raichu was the first to act! Gathering a small amount of ground energy in it's mouth, the mouse Pokemon spat out a glob of mud at Patches! Unable to react in time, Patches let out a cry as the super effective attack sent her flying back.

For her first attack, Patches began to gather electrical energy creating a blue orb of it in front of her. From the orb, a wave of electricity shot out towards Raichu, following the mouse Pokemon, before striking it with a powerful shock!

Gathering fighting energy inbetween it's hands, Raichu formed a large ball with the energy, before firing it at Patches. Unable to react in time, the Pachirisu was sent flying from the sheer power of the attack! If that wasn't enough, the attack had also lowered the Pachirisu's special defense, leaving her wide open to future special attacks!

Angered by her opponent's assault, Patches began to gather grass energy in front of herself, forming a ball with it. The Pachirisu then fired the sphere of energy out towards Raichu. Upon making contact with the mouse Pokemon, the orb of energy exploded, prompting a sharp cry from the Raichu.

"Patches, use Shock Wave t-then use Quick Attack!" Jake ordered

"Raichu, go with Hidden Power, then use Signal Beam!" Ryan called to the mouse Pokemon.

Starting things off, Raichu began to tap into a power, one hidden deep within the mouse Pokemon. Three orbs then began to circle the mouse Pokemon, orbs as cool as the winter breeze. Raichu then fired the icy spheres of energy out at Patches, causing the Pachirisu to cry out, before stumbling back.

In retaliation, Patches began to amass electrical energy creating a blue orb of it in front of her. From the orb, a wave of electricity flew out towards Raichu, following the mouse Pokemon, before striking it with a powerful shock!

Next, Patches charged towards Raichu at an incredible speed, before ramming into the mouse Pokemon!

Angered by the Pachirisu's assault, Raichu began to collect bug energy, before releasing it in the form of a rainbow beam! Upon being struck by the powerful attack, Patches let out a final cry, before toppling over in defeat.

"Patches return!" Jake called out as he withdrew the Pachirisu to her Pokeball.
"You did well...now rest up." He added as he placed Patches Pokeball back in his bag, before replacing it with a new one. Upon tossing the Pokeball in the air, a Zebstrika emerged, his eyes narrowing upon noticing who he was battling.

"Wait..he's with Team Catalyst?! Well no matter..that just gives me all the more reason to win this time!" Hayai exclaimed.
"Glad to hear it." Jake nodded.

"Raichu let's use Mud Slap, then use Fling!" Ryan barked.

"Hayai g-go for a Me First, then follow with Double Edge!" Jake ordered.

Starting things off, Raichu began to gather a small amount of ground energy in it's mouth. Copying it's opponents knowledge of the move, Hayai fired a glob of mud out at Raichu, sending the mouse Pokemon stumbling back.

In retaliation, Raichu fired it's own glob of mud out at Hayai. Despite the attack not being quite as powerful as Hayai's, it was enough to cause the Zebstrika to let out a small cry.

For his second attack, Hayai began to recklessly charge towards his opponent, his own safety entirely forgotten.
Letting out a sharp cry, Raichu flew back as Hayai rammed himself into the mouse Pokemon.
But in his reckless charge, Hayai had managed to hurt himself, thanks to the attacks recoil!

Fueled with rage, Raichu hurled a poison barb it had been holding at it's opponent! Unable to react in time, the thunderbolt Pokemon let out a sharp cry as the powerful dark type attack sent a sharp pain throughout him!
To make matters worse, once the pain of the attack finally subsided, a new pain emerged, causing the Zebstrika to cough violently, Hayai had been poisoned!

"Hayai use Double Kick, t-then use Double Edge." Jake ordered.

"Raichu start with Hidden Power, then go with Signal Beam!" Ryan exclaimed.

Starting the round off, Hayai ran towards Raichu as fast as he could. Upon reaching the mouse Pokemon, Hayai turned around, kicking his opponent with his back legs.

In retaliation, Raichu began to tap into a power hidden within itself. As it did so, three orbs as white as powdered snow began to circle the mouse Pokemon. After a moment, the three icy orbs shot out at Hayai, striking the Zebstrika and causing him to cry out.

For his second attack, Hayai began to charge recklessly towards Raichu, his own safety once again forgotten. Upon striking the mouse Pokemon, Raichu cried out, before falling over, Hayai's last attack proving to be too much for it.

Once the round had finished, Hayai began to cough violently, the poison inflicted upon him still in full effect.

"Raichu return!" Ryan called out as he returned the mouse Pokemon to it's ball.
"Alright Rotom, you're up!" The man barked as he chucked another Pokeball in front of himself. From the ball materialized the plasma Pokemon, though it was quite different from the last time Jake had seen it.
In his last battle against Ryan, the Rotom had taken the form of refrigerator. This time, the plasma Pokemon seemed to resemble a washing machine instead!

"Rotom let's use Hydro Pump, then use Hidden Power!" Ryan barked.

"Hayai, u-use Wild Charge, follow it with Double Edge!" Jake ordered.

Hayai was once again the first to act! Covering it's body in a veil of electricity, the Zebstrika charged towards his opponent. Upon making contact with Rotom, the plasma Pokemon was sent flying back with a small shriek.

Gathering water energy into the center of it's body, the plasma Pokemon fired a jet of water out at Hayai! Unable to react in time, the thunderbolt let out a sharp cry as he was sent stumbling back.

For his second attack, Hayai once again made his towards his opponent in a reckless charge. After slamming into the plasma Pokemon, Hayai cried out from the recoil of the attack, his health levels plummeting even further.

Collecting a hidden power from within itself, Rotom summoned three orbs of energy around itself. The spheres of energy, calm as the earth itself, hovered around the plasma Pokemon for only a moment, before shooting out at Hayai!

Upon striking the Zebstrika, Hayai let out a sharp cry, before toppling over in defeat.

"Hayai return!" Jake called as he withdrew the Zebstrika.
"G-good work out there. Now rest well." He said as he stuffed the Pokeball back in his bag.
After a moment, Jake grabbed another Pokeball from his bag, before tossing it into the air. From the ball emerged an Electrike, who let out a growl upon noticing his opponent.

"Oh! Team Catalyst goons! Don't worry Jake, I'll protect you from these guys, no problem!" Alfie exclaimed.

"Uh.. glad to hear it." Jake murmured. "Now Alfie, u-use Snarl, follow with Signal Beam!"

"Rotom start with Hidden Power, then use Dark Pulse!" Ryan barked.

Starting things off, Rotom once again tapped into it's hidden power, summoning three spheres in the likeness of the earth, which began to circle the plasma Pokemon. After a moment, the orbs of energy shot out towards Alfie, striking the Electrike and sending him flying back.

In retaliation, Alfie snarled at his opponent, releasing several black sound waves into the air. Upon making contact with the sound waves, Rotom let out a shriek, before falling back slightly.
To make matters worse for the plasma Pokemon, the sound waves had managed to lower his special attack power, weakening any of the Rotom's special attacks in the future!

Gathering it's dark thoughts, the plasma Pokemon converted them into raw energy, before firing a beam of it out at Alfie, striking the Electrike and prompting a sharp cry from him.

For his second attack, Alfie began to collect bug energy in his mouth, before sending a muti-coloured beam towards his opponent! Unable to react in time, the plasma Pokemon was forced to take the attack head on, prompting another shriek from it.

"Rotom, go with Hidden Power, then use Return!" Ryan barked.

"Alfie, start with Snarl, t-then use Double Edge!" Jake called to the Electrike.

Rotom was once again the first to act! Tapping into the remainder of it's hidden power, the plasma Pokemon summoned three orbs in the likeness of earth, which began to circle around it. After a moment, the orbs shot out at Alfie, ramming into the Electrike and sending him flying backwards.

Landing on his feet, Alfie let out another snarl, sending more dark sound waves Rotom's way, lowering it's special attack further, as well as dealing a moderate amount of damage to the plasma Pokemon.

In retaliation, Rotom slammed into Alfie, using his general happiness to fuel the power of the move!

For his second attack, Alfie began to recklessly charge towards his opponent! Upon ramming into his opponent, the plasma Pokemon was sent flying backwards! But not all was well for Alfie, for the Electrike had managed to hurt himself in his reckless charge!

"Alfie, u-use Quick Attack, follow with Shock Wave!" Jake ordered.

"Rotom, use Shadow Ball and Hydro Pump!" Ryan exclaimed.

Starting things off, Alfie ran towards Rotom at an incredible speed, before slamming into the plasma Pokemon, dealing a small amount of damage to it.

Gathering spectral energy in front of itself, Rotom transformed the energy into a sphere, before firing it at Alfie. Upon making contact with the attack, Alfie let out a loud yelp, before stumbling backwards. It seemed the Electrike had very little stamina left. If Alfie wanted to win the battle, he was going to have to put everything into his next attack!

Eager to win, Alfie began to collect electrical energy, creating a blue orb of it in front of him. From the orb, a wave of electricity shot out towards Rotom, following the plasma Pokemon, before striking it with a powerful shock!

In retaliation, Rotom started to amass water energy into the center of it's body, before releasing a jet of water out at Alfie! Unable to react in time, the Electrike let out a sharp cry upon making contact with the attack, before toppling over in defeat!

"Alfie return!" Jake called out as he withdrew the Electrike to it's ball.
"Rest well....you deserve it." He added, before stuffing the Pokeball back in his bag. In it's place, Jake retrieved a gold plated ball, before tossing it into the air. From the ball emerged a special looking Pikachu. Not only was she sporting a black, heart shaped marking on her tail, the Pikachu was also wearing a beautiful dress and bonnet.

"Oh..umm..it's my turn to battle? Ok well..uh..I'll do my best." Tessa nodded, before turning her attention to her opponent.

"Rotom go for Dark Pulse, then use Shadow Ball!" Ryan barked.

"Tessa, s-start with Thunder Punch, then use Electro Ball!" Jake called to the cosplay Pikachu.

Starting things off, Tessa began to gather electricity in her fist, before charging towards her opponent. Upon reaching the plasma Pokemon, Tessa swung her electrified fist at it, striking the Rotom and causing it to let out a loud shriek.

In retaliation, Rotom began to gather up it's dark thoughts, converting them into raw energy! The plasma Pokemon then fired a beam of the dark energy out at Tessa, striking the Pikachu and causing her to stumble back.

For her second attack, Tessa started to gather electrical energy in her tail, forming a ball of it at the very tip. With a swing of her tail, the ball of electricity flew towards Rotom, before crashing into the plasma Pokemon! Letting out a final shriek, the plasma Pokemon fell to the floor in defeat.

"Rotom return!" Ryan called out as he returned the plasma Pokemon to it's Pokeball.
"Heliolisk, you're up next!" The man bellowed as he tossed another Pokeball into the arena. From the ball emerged the generator Pokemon, who quickly scurried into position.

"Tessa use Quick Attack, t-then use Icicle Crash!" Jake ordered.

"Heliolisk, use Dark Pulse and Pound!" Ryan barked.

Starting things off, Tessa charged towards her opponent at a frightening speed. Upon reaching the generator Pokemon, Tessa slammed into it, dealing a small amount of damage and causing Heliolisk to stumble backwards.

In retaliation, Heliolisk began to collect it's dark thoughts, converting them into raw energy! With the energy, the generator Pokemon fired a dark beam towards Tessa, causing the cosplay Pikachu to be sent flying back upon making contact with the beam!

For her second attack, Tessa began to channel the power of her outfit to use her special move. The cosplay Pikachu then released a strange mist towards Heliolisk. Once the mist reached the generator Pokemon it started to thicken, creating a large icicle, which came crashing down upon Heliolisk, causing it to cry out in pain.

Angered by Tessa's assault, Heliolisk lunged at the cosplay Pikachu, before striking her with it's tail, sending Tessa flying backwards.

"Heliolisk go with Razor Wind, then use Dark Pulse!" Ryan barked.

"Tessa u-use Disarming Voice, then follow with Icicle Crash!" Jake exclaimed.

This time Heliolisk was the first to act! After gathering up a large amount of energy in it's tail, the generator Pokemon swung it's tail at Tessa, sending waves of compressed towards the cosplay Pikachu. As the waves of energy crashed into her, Tessa couldn't help but cry out, before stumbling backwards!

In retaliation, Tessa let out an emotional cry, sending pink sound waves flying towards Heliolisk. Though the generator Pokemon tried it's best to dodge them, it found the sound waves were unrelenting, continuing to home in on Heliolisk before striking it!

For it's second attack, Heliolisk began to gather even more of it's dark thoughts, converting them into energy. The generator Pokemon then fired a dark beam out at Tessa, striking the cosplay Pikachu and sending her flying back!

Upon landing safely on her feet, Tessa began to prepare her next attack. Channeling the special power of her outfit, Tessa released a strange mist out towards her opponent! Upon reaching the generator Pokemon, the mist solidified, creating a large icicle, which came crashing down upon Heliolisk!

"Tessa g-go for a Quick Attack, then use Icicle Crash!" Jake ordered.

"Heliolisk use Pound and Razor Wind!" Ryan called to the generator Pokemon.

Starting things off, Tessa charged towards her opponent as fast as she could, before slamming into the generator Pokemon, dealing a small amount of damage to it.

In retaliation, Heliolisk swung it's tail towards Tessa, slamming the cosplay Pikachu with enough force to send her flying!

Once she had safely landed on her feet, Tessa started to perform her next attack! Using the last of her costumes special power, the cosplay Pikachu summoned a strange mist, which quickly floated over to Heliolisk. Upon reaching it's target, a large icicle was formed, which came crashing down upon Heliolisk.
Letting out a sharp cry, the generator Pokemon fell over in defeat, Tessa's last attack proving to be too much for it.

"Helioisk return!" Ryan exclaimed as he withdrew the generator Pokemon.
"Ok Ampharos, let's go!" The man barked as he tossed a Pokeball into the air. From the ball emerged the light Pokemon, which gave both Tessa and Jake a nasty glare upon noticing them.

"Ampharos go with Signal Beam, then use Dragon Pulse!" Ryan bellowed.

"Tessa, start with Disarming Voice, t-then use Iron Tail!" Jake ordered.

Starting the round off, Tessa let out an emotional cry, summoning pink sound waves from her mouth. Homing onto their target, the pink waves crashed into Ampharos, causing it to stumble back slightly.

After getting back it's footing, Ampharos began to gather bug energy into it's gem, before releasing a multi-coloured beam out towards Tessa. As the attack crashed into the cosplay Pikachu, Tessa let out a sharp cry, before toppling over in defeat!

"Tessa, return!" Jake called as he withdrew the cosplay Pikachu.
"Y-you were great out there...now rest up." He added, before slipping the gold platted ball back into his bag. He then grabbed a regular Pokeball from the bag, before throwing it in the air. From the ball materialized a Magneton, who began to circle around his trainer, before eventually stopping in front of him.

"Oh, Error finally gets to battle! Yay! Error loves battles! Error will make sure to do his best!" Error droned.

"Glad to hear it. Now, Error u-use Tri Attack, then go with Double Edge!" Jake exclaimed.

"Ampharos, start with Thunderbolt, then use Dragon Pulse!" Ryan barked.

Starting things off, Error began to gather energy, forming a white triangle in front of himself. From each point on the triangle a beam of red, blue and yellow shot out, striking Ampharos and causing the light Pokemon to stumble back.

Angered by Error's assault, Ampharos began to amass electrical energy in it's body, before releasing a bolt of electricity at it's opponent, though it seemed to have little effect on the Magneton.

For his second attack, Error began to recklessly charge towards his opponent, his own safety entirely forgotten. Upon reaching the light Pokemon, Error slammed into it with all his might, causing Ampaharos to let out a sharp cry.
But not everything was going smoothly for Error, for in his reckless charge, the Magneton had managed to hurt himself as well!

Gathering draconic energy in it's mouth, Ampharos fired a large shockwave of energy at Error, causing the Magneton to fly back slightly upon being hit.

"Ampharos, use Take Down and Wild Charge!" Ryan barked.

"Error, use Sonic Boom, f-follow with Tri Attack!" Jake ordered.

Error was once again the first to act! Gathering energy in front of himself, Error released a series tightly packed waves of sound towards Ampharos, prompting the light Pokemon to cry out in pain as the waves made contact with it's flesh.

It's entire body glowing in a bronze aura, the light Pokemon charged towards Error, before slamming into the Magneton with it's entire weight behind it! But in doing so, Ampharos had left itself susceptible to the attacks recoil, dealing a portion of the damage inflicted upon Error on itself!

Angered by his opponent's assault, Error once again summoned a triangle of energy in front of himself. From each point of the triangle, a beam of red, blue, and yellow shot out at Ampharos, striking the light Pokemon and sending it stumbling backwards.

For it's second attack, Ampharos surrounded itself in a veil of electricity, before charging towards Error! Upon Ampharos slamming into Error, the Magneton let out a small cry, but quickly recovered, turning to face his opponent with a look of determination.

"Error, g-go with Tri Attack, then use Double Edge!" Jake called to the Magneton.

"Ampharos, go for a Wild Charge, then Dragon Pulse!" Ryan exclaimed.

Starting things off, Error summoned a triangle of energy in front of himself. From each point of the triangle, a beam of red, blue, and yellow shot out at Ampharos, striking the light Pokemon and sending it stumbling backwards.

In retaliation, Ampharos covered it's entire body in electricity, before recklessly charging towards Error! Upon making contact with the Magneton, Error was sent flying back slightly.

For his second attack, Error performed another reckless charge, before slamming into his opponent! Letting out a final cry, Ampharos fell over, Error's last attack proving to be too much for the light Pokemon.

"Ampharos return!" Ryan barked as he returned the light Pokemon to it's Pokeball.
"Eelektross, you're up next!" The man called out as he grabbed a fifth Pokeball from his belt and tossed it in the air. From the ball materialized the elefish Pokemon, who let out a menacing growl upon noticing it's opponent.
Jake couldn't quite put his finger on it, but something was certainly familiar about the Eelektross. Deciding to push the idea out of his mind for the moment, Jake instead turned his attention back to the battle.

"Eelektross let's use Crunch, then Aqua Tail!" Ryan barked.

"Error, use Tri Attack, t-then use Super Sonic!" Jake ordered.

Starting the round off, Error summoned a triangle of energy in front of himself. From each point of the triangle, a beam of red, blue, and yellow shot out at Eelektross, striking the elefish Pokemon and sending it flying back slightly.

In retaliation, Eelektross coated it's fangs in a dark aura, before lunging at Error! Upon reaching the Magneton, the elefish Pokemon bit down on Error with all it's might.
Despite the Magneton's hard exterior, the energy contained in Eelektross's fangs was injected into the magnet Pokemon, causing Error to cry out in pain!

For his second attack, Error began to gather energy in front of himself, before sending several transparent rings of energy towards his opponent! Upon making contact with the elefish Pokemon, the Eelektross's head began to spin. Soon it could no longer tell anything apart in the swirling mess that was it's vision.

Trying it's best to perform it's next attack, Eelektross instead managed to hurt itself in it's confusion!

"Alright Error, now go with Tackle, t-then use Double Edge!" Jake ordered.

"Eelektross you've got to snap out of it! Use Facade and Crunch!" Ryan exclaimed.

Starting the round off, Error flew towards his opponent, before ramming into Eelektross, dealing a small amount of damage to the elefish Pokemon.

Trying to make sense of it's messed up vision, Eelektross swung it's arm at what it perceived to by Error...and landed a solid hit! With it's rage fueling the attack's power, Error was sent flying back from the force of the attack!

In retaliation, Error began a reckless charge towards his opponent, striking the elefish Pokemon, but also hurting himself in the process!

For it's second attack, the elefish Pokemon laced it's fangs in dark energy, before attacking what Eelektross thought to be Error, but was actually it's arm! Crying out as the dark energy assaulted it's body, the elefish Pokemon fell back slighty, it's vision still as confusing as ever.

"Eelektross, let's end this with Facade!" Ryan barked.

"Error, c-counter with Double Edge!" Jake ordered.

Eager to win the match, Error used the last of his strength to charge at his opponent, his own safety abandoned entirely.
At the same time, Eelektross swung it's arm at what it thought to be Error, it's rage fueling the power of the attack! Upon clashing, the two Pokemon were sent flying back, before collapsing to the ground.

"Error, return!" Jake called out as he withdrew the Magneton.
"Y-you did great..now rest up." He added, before turning his attention to the field in time to see Ryan send out his Manectric.

"Manectric...I knew it." Jake murmured. In his last battle against Ryan, Manectric had proven to be a powerful opponent, taking out both Crix and Hayai quite easily. Only Milo was able to eventually stop the discharge Pokemon. With his next Pokemon decided, Jake scoured through his bag, before grabbing a Thunder Ball and tossing it in the air.
From the ball emerged an Ampharos, his eyes narrowing upon noticing the Pokemon in front of him.

"I know I did promise to battle but I'm still not sure participating in such a barbaric sport was a great idea." Milo said. "Still...I suppose I can't complain about my choice of opponent. I shall crush him just as I did before."

But before the round could begin, Ryan produced a strange badge from his pocket, before turning his attention to Manectric.

"Manectric, it's time to stop Jake...no...this intruder from proceeding any further. As such, I ask you to Mega Evolve!!!" Ryan exclaimed as he pressed the stone in the center of the badge.

Upon doing so, tendrils of energy shot out of the badge, linking to Manectric's leg band. It was then that the discharge Pokemon began to transform!

It's mane started to grow considerably, now covering it's entire back! Over it's two earholes grew two large spikes, and the tufts on it's front legs grew small spikes as well. It's claw, previously white, were now completely red!

Once Manectric was finished transforming, it let out a loud growl, before turning to face Milo, eager to begin the fight.

"Alright Milo u-use Power Gem, then follow with Fire Punch!" Jake ordered.

"Manectric, go for a Headbutt, then use Hidden Power!" Ryan exclaimed.

Starting the round off, Manectric charged towards it's opponent head first, before ramming into the Ampharos, causing Milo to stumble back.

Gathering rock energy into the gem on his head, Milo released a brown sphere towards his opponent, prompting a small cry from the mega evolved Manectric upon impact.

Angered by Milo's assault, Manectric began to tap into a hidden power, summoning three orbs around its body. The spheres, as cool as the earth itself, lingered around the discharge Pokemon for only a moment, before flying off and striking Milo!

For his second attack, Milo surrounded his fist in flames, before charging towards his opponent. Upon reaching the Manectric, Milo swung his fist into the discharge Pokemon, causing it to cry out in pain!

"Manectric, use Flamethrower and Crunch!" Ryan barked.

"Milo, s-start with Electric Terrain, then Zap Cannon!" Jake called to the Ampharos.

Once again Manectric was the first to act! Gathering fire energy in it's mouth, the discharge Pokemon blew a stream of flames Milo's way, prompting a sharp cry from the Ampharos as the orange flames washed over him.

Instead of retaliating, Milo instead focused on the ground beneath him. Gathering up a large amount of electricity, the Ampharos pumped it into the clay floor, causing it to spark and crackle with electrical energy.

Seizing the opportunity to attack again, Manectric laced it's fangs in a dark aura, before rushing over to it's opponent. Upon reaching the Ampharos, Manectric sunk it's fangs into his flesh, caushing Milo to let out a pained yelp.

For his second attack, Milo began to gather electrical energy in front of his mouth. With the dancing electricity beneath his feet, Milo managed to charge the attack with even more power!
Once the energy had been formed into a large sphere, the Ampharos fired it at the mega evolved Manectric, striking the discharge Pokemon and causing it to fall back slightly.

"Milo, go with Thunder Punch, t-then Dragon Pulse!" Jake ordered.

"Manectric, let's use Hidden Power, then use Thunder Fang!" Ryan bellowed.

Starting things off, Manectric began to tap into it's hidden power, summoning three orbs in the likeness of the earth. After floating around the discharge Pokemon for a moment, the three orbs shot out towards Milo, striking the Ampharos and prompting a sharp cry from him.

Angered by his opponent's assault, Milo cloaked his fist in electricity, said electricity further amplified by the electrified ground. The Ampharos then ran towards his opponent, before striking the mega evolved Manectric with his fist, causing it to stumble backwards.

For it's second attack, Manectric laced it's fangs in electrical energy, before rushing towards Milo. Upon reaching the Ampharos, the mega evolved Manectric bit down on him with it's electrified fangs, causing Milo to cry out in pain.

Gathering draconic energy in his mouth, Milo fired an impressive beam of the energy out at his opponent, striking the Manectric and dealing a large amount of damage to it.

"Manectric, go for another Hidden Power, then Flamethrower!" Ryan barked.

"Milo, u-use Body Slam, then follow with Charge!" Jake ordered.

Gathering the last of it's hidden power, Manectric summoned three more earth like orbs. After hovering around the mega evolved Manectric for a moment, the orbs shot out towards Milo, causing the Ampharos to cry out and stumble back upon impact.

In retaliation, Milo threw himself at his opponent, his full weight behind him as he rammed into the discharge Pokemon, causing it to stumble backwards.

For it's second attack, Manectric began to collect fire energy in it's mouth, before breathing out a beam of flames at Milo, inflicting a large amount of damage upon the Ampharos.

Instead of attacking, Milo instead used his next turn to gather up electrical energy, before storing it in his body, ready to go for his next attack.

As the round came to a close, it was clear to see that both Pokemon were barely standing. If Milo wanted to finish things, he was going to have to do it with his next attack!

"Alright Milo, l-let's finish this with Zap Cannon!" Jake ordered.

"Oh no you don't! Manectric, counter with Hyper Beam!" Ryan bellowed!

Gathering up a massive amount of energy, Manectric released a massive orange beam, which flew towards Milo at a blinding speed.

To counter it, Milo fired a large sphere of electrical energy, one that had been boosted by the electric terrain, and Milo's previous charge! The two attacks clashed against each other, but after an intense moment, Milo's attack cut through, ramming into Manectric and prompting a loud shriek it.
After a moment, the mega evolved Manectric toppled over in defeat. Upon hitting the ground the discharge Pokemon began to glow, before reverting to it's original form.

"Manectric, no!" Ryan cried as he rushed over to his fallen partner.
"You did amazing out there....this isn't your fault." Ryan said as he returned the Manectric to it's ball. With Manectric gone, Ryan turned his attention to Jake.

"Jake.....you've....really improved....since our last battle." Ryan murmured, before rushing off up the stairs, leaving Jake and his Pokemon behind.

Before doing anything else, Jake turned to Milo, Thunder Ball in hand.
"Y-you did amazing Milo, now rest up." He said as he withdrew the Ampharos.

"Well then...t-this is it..the fifth floor is up ahead." Jake said.
"Y-yeah...I-I guess we s-should be going, right?" Hazel questioned.
"That's right. W-we don't have any time to lose." Jake nodded.
With Hazel by his side, Jake began to ascend the stairs, his heart racing at the thought of what would greet him.
----
Catalyst Tower - Fifth Floor
----
"Ryan...you're back. I presume you have a good reason for being late, right?" Chris questioned, Ryan having just entered his office.

"Y-yes Chris....I-I hurried...a-as fast as I could." Ryan panted, desperately trying to catch his breath.

"Well then...what of the third floor barracks? The intruders?" Chris questioned.

Upon hearing Chris's words, a grimace formed on Ryan's face.
"I-It's a bloodbath...countless people have been slaughtered!" Ryan exclaimed.

"What?! How is that possible?! What of Steven and Olivia? I sent them there earlier, are they ok?!" Chris exclaimed.

"I-I'm afraid not...Steven was among the casualties..Oliva..well we found a Honedge at the scene....in several pieces." Ryan murmured.

"No! No!" Chris cried out, tears starting to form in his eyes.

"That's not all....we also found Shelly, along with an intruder and his Zebstrika...it seems they also perished." Ryan murmured.

"T-the only one with such power....i-it has to be Project X." Chris murmured. By the look on his face, it seemed he was about to break down at any moment.

"Just my thinking Chris. Project X is actively attacking everyone here....it's only a matter of time before it comes to us. If that wasn't enough....Jake is on our trail as well." Ryan explained. "He'll be here any moment...what do you want me to do?"

".....Go...run to the hills..." Chris murmured.

"Are you insane?! There's no way I'm leaving you here!" Ryan exclaimed.

"P-please...I've already lost the others....I don't want your death on my hands too." Chris replied. "Just live...f-for me."

"...Alright....I-I will...." Ryan murmured, before slowly heading towards the door. Giving Chris one last look, Ryan exited the room, before sprinting for the nearest emergency exit.
----
"T-this is all my fault..." Chris murmured to himself, tears still pouring down his face.
"I-I was foolish enough...f-foolish enough to believe he could change for the better..." Chris continued, slowly pacing around his office.
"When...Jake gets here...I-I'll have no choice....I will strike him down!"

----
Jake's Remaining (Healthy) Pokemon
Spoiler: show
(12)

EpicSquirtle is offline   Reply With Quote