Thread: The Hatchery
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 08:41 PM   #35
Sneaze
I'm sorry, Talon :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
He could have come back a week ago to collect Cyanide, Keith knew. He could have done that. Or, he could have bathed in steak sauce and gone swimming in Carvanha-infested waters. That would have been maybe a bit safer than trying to forcefully remove Cyanide the Umbreon not only from the Ambipom she loved, but also their unborn child. As Keith entered the Hatchery, he vaguely wondered whether any of the employees were fool enough to try such a thing. He supposed the amount of bandages any of them might be sporting would answer that for him- he knew not what kind of a mother Cyanide would be, but judging how intensely she cared for the few things she genuinely liked, he had the feeling there was absolutely no question of removing the Dark-type from her own unhatched offspring. But right now, all he could do was wait. Wait to see how the employees were faring with Cyanide, wait to see how the Umbreon herself as well as her mate were doing, and last but just about as far from least as humanly possible, wait to see how their child was doing.

(OOC: Let's see the little bundle of fluff! )
Doctor Grossman sat at his desk, meticulously wrapping a bandage around his hand, every now and again undoing the past couple of wraps and rewrapping the cloth to get it a little bit tighter. Noticing Keith approach, the man haphazardly pins the dressing in place and allows the remaining bandaging to dangle for now as he quickly grabs his clipboard from the desk.

"Welcome back, welcome back!" the man shouts and nods, getting up to shake Keith's hand before realizing the state of his own. "Oops, sorry about that," the doctor grins sheepishly, "that Umbreon of yours is a real piece of work. Had to keep her distracted myself so one of my assistants could swap out her egg! Took a bit of my hand in the exchange but I think it was worth it." The doctor unpins the bandage before continuing to wrap up the remainder of the dressing and repin it, waving over a staff member, who promptly runs to the back.

The staff member reappears soon enough, guiding Cyanide back into the building as Doctor Goodman grabs his camera and begins leading the group over to the incubators. A small brown egg with a light cream colored bottom sits in the sole occupied incubator of this section of the building, pictures of Cyanide and Pom displayed on the case. It takes a moment before small cracks start to form on the shell, and the doctor goes complete mad with his camera, entering a picture taking frenzy. The cracking is slow, but after a moment a small hole forms as a piece of the egg falls away, and a small eye peeks out before the section of shell below is kicked through, causing the egg to crack clean open. The small, long eared vulpine sits, staring into the world, a small piece of the brown egg still stuck on its head. Normally the doctor would begin a quick examination at this point, but the stark contrast of color between the egg shell and the fur of the newborn has clearly put the room to shock, a soft white tone where all had expected brown. Doctor Grossman's mouth stretches to a grin that reaches from ear to ear as his camera takes one final click before he leans in close to the Eevee and begins his examination as usual.

"Well, she's certainly not what I had expected, to say the least. A beautiful baby girl." Handing his notes over to Keith he takes a few more pictures. "Just give those a sign and she's yours to take home!"

Keith has hatched a lv.1 shiny female Eevee! She also has the following Egg move:
  • Tickle
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote