View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 03:52 PM   #18
EpicSquirtle
Adrift in a sea of dreams

Team Catalysts Final Stand! Part 3

As Chris continued to type on his computer, a knock came from his door, prompting the man to turn around.
"Come in." He said as the door swung open.

"I'm sorry sir....I've failed you." Steven murmured as he entered the office.
"Failed me? Nonsense." Chris replied, shaking his head. "I'm assuming you're here because...you lost to the intruders right?"

"That's right. I tried my best..but I just couldn't do it sir, I'm sorry." Steven apologized.
"There's no need to apologize. If you did your best, that's all I can ask for." Chris replied.
"Now..how about you go check on our employees in the barracks...the one on the third floor. I'm worried that these intruders might attack them, so they could use the extra defense."

"On it sir. Thank you sir." Steven nodded, before rushing out of Chris's office.

"So...Steven was no match for them..." Chris muttered to himself, turning back to his computer.

"Olivia, Shelly, Ryan...everyone...please stay safe."
----
Catalyst Tower - Third Floor
----
As Jake and Hazel made their way to the third floor, the pair was confronted with the same dilemma as before. In front of them was a maze of lengthy corridors, each stretching to the other side of the building. With no ghost to hint where they had to go, the pair were left to decide their path on their lonesome.

"Hazel..uh..which way should we go?" Jake questioned.

"I-I don't know." The Eevee murmured.

"That's not really helpful." Jake replied. "W-well then...how about left?"

In response Hazel gave a firm nod. As long as they kept moving, Hazel didn't really care which way they went.

With that decided, the two made their way to the left corridor, wondering just what would greet them there.
----
As Jake continued his search down the west corridor, he couldn't help but feel more and more confused at the lack of anything or anyone in many of the rooms he passed by. Had they evacuated? Or had these rooms long since been abandoned? For a criminal organization, Team Catalyst was lacking in quite a few departments.
Despite this, Jake continued to peek into every room he passed by. Surely something of importance was in one of these rooms, right?
Peaking into the next room, Jake realized that he had found a lunch room. Inside was a rather large table, with several chairs surrounding it. Glancing to the far end of the room, Jake noticed a Catalyst grunt sitting in the corner, eating what appeared to be a ham and cheese sandwich.
Though Jake admired the grunt for his great taste in sandwiches, he knew better then to leave himself within the grunt's sight. Slowly backing away, Jake nearly jumped as the grunt looked up, locking eyes with him.
With a better look at the grunt's face, Jake realized that he had seen him once before. He had been patrolling the halls of the Amperet Museum.

"Oh...are you the new recruit?" Michael questioned, placing his sandwich onto the table.

"Oh umm...y-yeah." Jake replied.

"Really? Wow...wait where's your uniform?" The man questioned. "Chris doesn't usually hire people without giving them one."

"Oh..w-well..I guess he forgot." Jake replied. "Anyway...I-I've gotta get going...bye."

"Bye! Good luck out there!" Michael waved, before returning his attention to his lunch.

Letting out a sigh of relief, Jake slipped out of the room, before turning to Hazel, giving the Eevee a small shrug. Without a word, the two continued their investigation. But before the pair could move more then a few steps, Michael cried out from the lunch room, causing the two to whirl around.

"My post! I totally forgot!" Michael exclaimed as he scrambled outside.
"Chris told everyone not to have a lunch break...to guard their posts! I was wondering why no one else was in there!" The grunt continued.

"W-well that sucks. I'd love to help...b-but I've gotta go." Jake stammered.

"Hey wait! Now that I look at you, you look awfully similar to Chris's description of one of those intruders!" Michael exclaimed.

"S-surely you're mistaken." Jake replied.

"No...you're definitely him! Think it's funny to break in and destroy all of our stuff huh? Well then I guess I have little choice bu to stop you!" Michael exclaimed as he grabbed a Pokeball from his belt, before tossing it in the air. From the ball emerged a Krabby, the river crab Pokemon snapping it's claws in anticipation for the battle ahead.

Jake let out a small sigh as Michael sent out the Water type. With the catalyst grunt convinced he was in the right, Jake knew his words would do little to dissuade him. Seeing that there was no choice but to fight, Jake took the time to consider what Pokemon he was going to use.
Krabby was a Water type Pokemon, which meant that a Grass or Electric type would be best. At the same time, maybe a Dragon type would help, thanks to their resistance to Water type moves. With this in mind, Jake snatched a regular Pokeball from his bag, before chucking in front of him.

From the ball materialized a Gible, who upon noticing his opponent, let out a small chuckle.
But once the Gible appeared, Jake realized the error he had made. Gible wasn't resistant to water types at all! Not only that...Toby only knew two moves.

"Well whatever..I-I can make it work." Jake murmured, before turning his attention to the battle.
"Alright Toby, y-you've got this, right?"
"Of course! For Aco!" Toby exclaimed.
"Right...ok, Toby u-use Dragon Pulse, then Tackle!" Jake ordered.

"Krabby, go for Metal Claw, then follow with Crab Hammer!" Michael exclaimed.

Starting the round off, Toby began to gather draconic energy in his mouth, before firing a beam of it at his opponent!

In retaliation, Krabby covered it's claws in metal, before scurrying towards it's opponent. Once the river crab Pokemon had reached the Gible, it swung it's claws at it, causing Toby to cry out in pain!

For his second attack, Toby flung himself at Krabby, causing the river crab Pokemon to stumble back.

Krabby then infused one of it's claws with water energy, before slamming it into Toby, scoring a direct hit!

"Krabby, go for Crab Hammer again, then follow with Slam!" Michael barked.

"Toby, use Dragon Pulse and Tackle!" Jake ordered.

Toby was once again the first to act! Amassing draconic energy, the Gible once again shot his opponent with a devastating dragon attack!

Angered by the Gible's assault, Krabby infused it's claw with water energy, before smashing it into Toby, sending the Gible flying back!

In retaliation, Toby lunged at Krabby, ramming into the river crab Pokemon with all his might!

For it's second attack, Krabby charged at Toby, striking the land shark Pokemon with all it's weight!

"Toby, s-start with Tackle, then Dragon Pulse!" Jake called to the Gible.

"Krabby, use X-Scissor, then follow with Knock Off!" Michael ordered.

Starting things off, Toby lunged at his opponent, once again performing a powerful tackle on the Krabby!

In turn, Krabby began to coat it's claws in bug energy, before charging towards Toby! With it's arms crossed, the river crab Pokemon swiped at it's opponent, causing Toby to cry out, before stumbling back.

For his second attack, Toby began to gather draconic energy into his mouth. Once the Gible had gathered enough energy, he fired a large beam of it at Krabby, sending the river crab Pokemon flying back!

Determined to stay in the match, Krabby surrounded one of it's claws in a veil of dark energy, before leaping towards Toby, striking the Gible with it's claw!

"Let's end this Krabby! Use Crab Hammer!" Michael barked.

"Toby, g-go with Tackle!" Jake ordered.

With both Pokemon eager to win, the pair lunged at each other, both of their attacks at the ready! Upon clashing, both Toby and Krabby were sent flying to the ground, each unable to get up.

"Toby, return!" Jake called as he withdrew the Gible to his Pokeball.
"Y-you did well...now rest up." He added, before turning his attention to the battlefield, just in time to see Michael call out a Marill.

"A Marill? T-that means an Electric type would be best..." Jake murmured, before grabbing another Pokball from his bag and tossing it in the air. From the ball emerged a Helioptile, who quickly ran around in a circle, before facing his opponent.

"Oh..Oh! I know you! You're those Team Catalyst baddies!" Trix exclaimed.
"I may not look like much, but I'm not just a good spy, I rock in battle as well! I can easily beat you guys any day!

"Umm..Trix..y-you know he can't understand you..right?" Jake questioned.
"Oh..right...silly me." Trix replied sheepishly. "Well whatever, I'm ready to go whenever!"
"T-that's what I like to hear. Trix use Glare, then Iron Tail!" Jake ordered.

"Marill, go for Aqua Tail and Play Rough!" Michael barked.

This time Trix was the first to act! Trying his best to look intimidating, Trix stared down his opponent, prompting a small cry from Marill as it's muscles began to lock in terror.

Fighting through the paralysis, Marill surrounded it's tail in a veil of water, before swinging it at Trix! But instead of showing any signs of pain, the Helioptile simply smiled, his Dry Skin absorbing the attack's power.

With his opponent left wide open to attack, Trix coated his tail in a sheet of metal, before striking the Marill and sending it flying backwards!

In retaliation Marill dove towards Trix, striking the Helioptile with a flurry of blows, attacks that proved to be even stronger then usual, thanks to Marill's Huge Power!

"Marill, go for Brick Break and Facade!" Michael ordered.

"Trix, s-start with Cut, follow with Pound!" Jake called to the Helioptile.

Starting things off, Trix lunged at his opponent, swiping at the Marill with one of his arms.

Marill tried to retaliate, but found that it's muscles refused to work. It seemed that paralysis had taken hold of the aqua mouse Pokemon!

With his opponent left wide open to attack, Trix charged towards the Marill! Upon reaching the aqua mouse Pokemon, Trix slammed his tail into it, sending the Marill flying back!

Angered by it's current condition, Marill flung itself at Trix, slamming into the Helioptile and causing him to cry out in pain.

"Trix, use Cut, t-then Iron Tail!" Jake ordered.

"Marill go for Double Edge, then use Brick Break!" Michael barked.

Trix was once again the first to act! Lunging at his opponent, the Helioptile struck Marill with a swipe of his arm!

In retaliation, Marill charged towards Trix, it's own safety entirely forgotten. Upon making contact with the Helioptile, Trix let out a loud cry, before flying backwards! But not all was well for Marill, who seemed to be suffering from the recoil of the powerful attack!

Eager to end things, Trix coated his tail in a metalic aura, before leaping into the air! The Helioptile then began to descend upon the Marill, striking the aqua mouse Pokemon with all his might!
Letting out a sharp cry, Marill fell to the ground, Trix's last attack proving to be too much for it!

"Marill return!" Michael exclaimed as he recalled the aqua mouse Pokemon.
In it's place, Michael sent another Pokeball into the air. From the ball materialized a Prinplup, the penguin Pokemon letting out a small cry as it turned to face it's opponent.

"Prinplup, use Icy Wind, then go for Brick Break!" Michael barked.

"Trix, u-use Cut, then Glare!" Jake ordered.

Starting things off, Trix dove towards his opponent, swiping at Prinplup with his arm.

Unamused at the Helioptile's actions, Prinplup began to prepare it's first attack. Gathering ice energy into it's mouth, the penguin Pokemon breathed out an ice cold wind! The chilling attack made it's way towards Trix, causing the Helioptile to cry out in pain! If that wasn't enough, Trix began to feel more and more sluggish.
It seemed Prinplup's last attack had lowered his speed!

Taking advantage of it's opponent's slowed state, Prinplup leaped towards Trix, delivering a powerful strike to the generator Pokemon using it's fin!

This proved to be too much for Trix, who let out a sharp cry, before toppling over.

"Trix return!" Jake called as he withdrew the Helioptile to his Pokeball.
"Great work out there. N-now rest well." He added, returning Trix's Pokeball to his bag, before grabbing another.

"Bagel, let's go!" Jake exclaimed as he tossed the Pokeball into the air. From the ball emerged a cheerful looking Axew, who began to bounce up and down upon noticing her opponent.

"Oh, oh! I'm finally in a battle! Maybe if I do good, Lenna will let me in her club!" Bagel exclaimed.
"I'll do my best! Even if this is my second battle...I won't lose!"

"Glad to hear it." Jake smiled. "Alright Bagel, u-use Shock Wave, then Leer!"

"Prinplup, go for Metal Claw, then Icy Wind!" Michael called to the penguin Pokemon.

This time Bagel was the first to act! Amassing electrical energy, Bagel summoned a blue orb of it in front of her. From the orb, a wave of electricity shot out towards her opponent, following the penguin Pokemon, before striking it with a powerful shock!

In retaliation, Prinplup coated it's flippers in metalic energy, before striking Bagel and causing her to stumble back.

Instead of directly attacking her opponent, Bagel instead cast a fierce look at Prinplup, her eyes glowing a bright red. Startled by the Axew's appearance, Prinplup left it's guard open, it's defense to physical attacks lowered.

For it's second attack, Prinplup began to gather ice energy into it's mouth, before spewing chilly air at it's opponent! As the cold air washed over her, Bagel couldn't help but cry out in pain! If that wasn't enough, Bagel was also starting to feel a little sluggish, the power of Prinplup's attack having lowered her speed.

"Prinplup, use Drill Peck, then go for Metal Claw!" Michael ordered.

"Bagel, use Assurance t-then use Counter!" Jake called to the Axew.

With Bagel feeling sluggish, it fell to Prinplup to make the first move. With it's beak glowing with energy, Prinplup dove towards Bagel, before beginning to spin! As the penguin Pokemon drilled it's beak into Bagel, the small Axew couldn't help but let out a loud yelp, before flying backwards!

Angered by Prinplup's assault, Bagel began to gather her dark thoughts, surrounding herself in a veil of dark energy. The tusk Pokemon then charged towards her opponent, before tackling the penguin Pokemon, her power fueled by Prinplup's earlier attack!

For it's second attack, Prinplup began to coat it's fins in metalic energy, before charging towards Bagel! Prepared for the Prinplup's attack, Bagel surrounded herself in fighting energy. Upon taking the powerful attack from Prinplup, Bagel slammed into the penguin Pokemon, inflicting twice the damage that she had sustained!

Once the round had ended, a strange blue aura began to surround Prinplup. Perhaps this was Prinplup's Torrent ability?

"Bagel, s-start with Shock Wave, then use Dragon Rage!" Jake ordered.

"Prinplup, go for Bubble Beam and Aerial Ace!" Michael barked.

Once again Prinplup was the first to act! With it's Torrent ability fueling it's power, Prinplup sprayed a beam of bubbles towards it's opponent.

Upon making contact, Bagel cried out as each bubble popped, sending waves of pain throughout her body.

In retaliation, Bagel began to gather electrical energy, before summoning a blue orb of it in front of her. From the orb, a wave of electricity shot out towards her opponent, following the penguin Pokemon, before striking it with a powerful shock!

For it's second attack, Prinplup charged towards Bagel at a great speed, it's flippers covered in flying energy. At the last second Prinplup changed directions, striking Bagel from the side instead!

Gathering draconic energy, Bagel spat out a blue fireball at her opponent, striking the Prinplup and causing it to stumble back.

"Prinplup, go with Brick Break and Bubble Beam!" Micheal barked.

"L-Let's finish this Bagel! Counter and Shock Wave!" Jake ordered.

Starting things off, Prinplup dove towards Bagel, prepared to deliver a powerful strike to the Axew.

As Prinplup made it's way towards her, Bagel surrounded herself in a coat of fighting energy. Upon taking the Prinplup's attack, Bagel slammed into the penguin Pokemon, dealing twice the damage that she had sustained.

This proved to be too much for the penguin Pokemon, who let out a final cry, before toppling over.

"Prinplup, return!" Michael exclaimed as he returned the penguin Pokemon to it's ball.

"Damn..I guess I lost.." Michael murmured, turning his attention to Jake.
"That's ok though...my Pokemon tried their hardest. I guess I'll leave the rest to the others." The Catalyst grunt added, before running past Jake and off into the unknown.

"That was...odd." Hazel murmured.
"Yeah...b-but that's not important. We should get going." Jake replied, before turning to Bagel.

"Y-you did well out there, now rest up." Jake said as he withdrew the Axew to her Pokeball.
With another battle behind them, Jake and Hazel pressed onwards, a bit more cautious of what rooms to peek into.
----
Continuing their search of the western corridor, Jake and Hazel eventually found themselves at a rather large door. Looking through the window, Jake spotted a large room with a clay floor, similar to the ones on the lower two floors. If he knew anything from his experiences in the tower, Jake figured one of the catalyst admins was stationed inside.

"You ready?" Jake asked the Eevee at his feet, prompting a small nod from Hazel.
With a sigh, Jake pulled open the door, before stepping inside, Hazel right behind him.
Once the pair entered the room, Jake's theory was proven to be true. At the far end of the room stood a rather tall woman with long, silky black hair. Much like Steven and Olivia, she was wearing a black lab coat, signifying her status as a Catalyst Admin.

"So...you've finally arrived Jake. Tell me...why must you always be in our way?" Shelly questioned.

"B-because..I'm not going to stand around, a-and watch as Team Catalyst destroys everything." Jake replied.
"Back at Ryuu town....y-you said you had another job...you said had it so you could raise enough money for the festival. Is that why y-you're doing this? For money? Does the world mean that little to you?" Jake questioned.

"You still don't get it, do you? I'm doing this so that Ryuu town can prosper!" Shelly exclaimed.
"I spent too long watching my home wither away, so I did something about it. After joining Team Catalyst, the money started flowing...and now Ryuu town is starting to recover. Not only that, but by joining Team Catalyst, I'm helping create a better future for my daughter and the rest of the world...can you say the same?" Shelly questioned.

"That's where you're wrong!" Jake exclaimed. "T-team Catalyst...they aren't making a better future! C-can't you see that?"

"You know...I thought that maybe you and your gang had a sliver of humanity left in you...but now I can see I was foolish to believe that." Shelly said, letting out an audible sigh.
"Very well. If you're so insistent on taking away a future from those I hold close..then you're going to have to beat me down to my dying breath!"

----
Elite Catalyst Admin Shelly Rose appeared!

----

With nothing left to say, Shelly grabbed a Pokeball from her belt and chucked it into the air. From the ball materialized a Magcargo, who let out a small cry of upon noticing Jake.

With Magcargo being a Fire type and a Rock type, Jake figured a Water type would be best. Considering he only had a single Water type left, Jake's choice was clear. Grabbing a Pokeball from his bag, Jake tossed the ball in front of him, revealing a Poliwag to be inside.

"Alright Blues...I-I need to try your best out there!" Jake called to the Poliwag.
"Like that wasn't obvious." Blues scoffed. "I always try my best, so you don't need to tell me."
"Ok then....Blues, s-start with Water Sport, then use Scald!" Jake ordered.

"Magcargo, Flamethrower and Stone Edge!" Shelly barked.

Eager to start things off, Blues sent a small jet of water into the sky. After a moment, the jet of water came raining down upon Blues, coating the Poliwag in a veil of water!

For it's first attack, Magcargo began to gather fire energy into it's mouth, before releasing a stream of flames at Blues! But with Blues being a Water type, as well as having a water shield, the attack seemed to have little effect on the Poliwag.

Still feeling as fresh as ever, Blues took the time to deliver his second attack. Amassing hot water in his mouth, Blues spat out a jet of the scalding water at his opponent, causing the Magcargo to cry out as the water washed over it.

In retaliation, Magcargo summoned several sharp stones around itself. The pointy rocks hovered around the lava Pokemon for a few moments, before flying out towards Blues! Unable to react in time, the Poliwag was forced to endure the powerful attack, crying out as the sharp stones dug into his flesh!

"Magcargo, Ancient Power and Earth Power!" Shelly barked.

"Blues, g-go with Scald, then use Psychic!" Jake called to the Poliwag.

Blues was once again the first to act! The Poliwag once again began to gather heated water in his mouth, before spewing it out at Magcargo!

In retaliation, Magcargo began to amass rock energy, converting it into a glowing sphere of energy, before sending the sphere flying towards Blues. Unable to react in time, Blues stumbled back as his opponent's attack crashed into him.

For his second attack, Blues started to collect psychic energy in his body. The Poliwag then fired a wave of psychic energy at Magcargo, causing the lava Pokemon to cry out and fall back slightly.

Angered by the Poliwag's assault, Magcargo began to pump ground energy into the floor, causing the clay to crack and glow, before finally erupting under Blues feet!

"Blues, use Scald t-then Scald again!" Jake ordered.

"Magcargo, Earth Power and Stone Edge!" Shelly barked.

Starting things off, Blues once again began to gather hot water into his mouth, before spewing it out at Magcargo, causing the lava Pokemon to let out a loud shriek.

In retaliation, Magcargo began to pump more ground energy into the floor, causing it to crack and shake, before erupting under Blues, sending the Poliwag flying back! If that weren't enough, the attack had also managed to lower Blues special defense, leaving the Poliwag wide open to any special attacks in the future!

Angered by the Magcargo's assault, Blues amassed even more hot water in his mouth, before spitting out the jet of water at his opponent!
This proved to be too much for the lava Pokemon, how let out a final cry, before falling over.

"Magcargo, return!" Shelly called as she returned the lava Pokemon to it's ball.
Shelly then grabbed a second Pokeball from her belt, before chucking it into the arena. From the ball emerged a Talonflame, who let out a mighty cry as it flew into the air.

"Talonflame, Hidden Power and Brave Bird!" Shelly barked.

"Blues, use Ice Ball, t-then Round!" Jake ordered.

This time Talonflame was the first to act! Tapping into a power from within itself, the scorching Pokemon summoned three balls of energy around itself, the energy glowing a bright yellow. The orbs then flew towards Blues, striking the Poliwag and causing him to cry out as the super effective attack sent him flying backwards.

In retaliation, Blues began to gather ice energy in front of himself, forming a small ball with it. The Poliwag then fired the ball of ice at Talonflame, dealing a small amount of damage to the scorching Pokemon.

For it's second attack, Talonflame flew as high as it could go, before diving towards Blues. Surrounded in a bright blue aura, Talonflame smashed into Blues, sending the Poliwag flying. Once Talonflame was finished attacking it was clear to see that Blues had been defeated.

"Blues, return!" Jake called as he withdrew the Poliwag to his ball.
"You were great..n-now rest up." He added, before grabbing another ball from his bag and tossing it into the air. From the ball emerged an Emolga, who quickly began to check his surroundings.

"Aww...I was hoping some ladies would be watching." Voltaire said, letting out an audible sigh.
"No matter, I did say I'd try my best, and I have no intention of going back on that. I'm a gentleman, after all."

"Right...." Jake murmured. "Voltaire, u-use Fatal Attraction, follow with Thunder Shock!"

"Talonflame, use Flamethrower and Flare Blitz!" Shelly called to the scorching Pokemon.

Talonflame was once again the first to act! Gathering fire energy inside it's beak, the scorching Pokemon fired a beam of flames at Voltaire, causing the Emolga to cry out.

In retaliation, Voltaire released a dark pheromone into the air, hoping to send Talonflame into a state of extreme attraction. But upon inhaling the pheromone, Taloneflame seemed to be as fine as ever. The attack had failed!

With Voltaire left wide open, Talonflame began to prepare it's second attack. Surrounding itself in flames, the scorching Pokemon flew towards Voltaire, before ramming into the Emolga and sending him flying!
But not all was well for Talonflame, the powerful attack having inflicted some recoil damage upon it.

Hoping his second attack would work, Voltaire began to charge some electrical energy in his body, before releasing the small beam of electrical energy out at Talonflame!

"Talonflame, Quick Attack, then Flame Charge!" Shelly barked.

"Voltaire use Metronome, t-then Thunder Shock!" Jake ordered.

Starting things off, Talonflame flew towards Voltaire at lightning speed, striking the Emolga for a small amount of damage.

Leaving his fate to luck, Voltaire began to wiggle his finger, summoning a move from random! With his move selected, Voltaire began to gather water energy into his hands, forming a Water Shuriken with it. The Emolga then threw the water star at his opponent, before repeating the process again and again.
Though Talonflame tried it's best to dodge Voltaire's attacks, the Emolga had managed to land three successful hits!

Angered by Voltaire's assault, Talonflame covered itself in flames, before flying towards Voltaire, a bit more safely then last time. After striking the sky squirrel Pokemon, Talonflame could feel it's muscles loosen, increasing it's already impressive speed!

For his second attack, Voltaire began to gather a small amount of electrical energy, before firing it at his opponent, causing Talonflame to cry out in pain!

"Voltaire, u-use Thunder Shock, then Metronome!" Jake called to the Emolga.

"Talonflame, use Flamethrower and Flare Blitz!" Shelly barked.

Starting the round off, Talonflame began to amass fire energy in it's beak, before sending a stream of flames Voltaires way, scorching the Emolga and prompting a sharp cry from him.

Determined to win, Voltaire began to gather electrical energy in his body, before firing a small bolt of it at Talonflame! But with it's newfound speed, the scorching Pokemon managed to fly out of the way of the attack with little difficulty!

With Voltaire now left wide open, Talonflame covered itself in harsh flames, before smashing into Voltaire, sending him flying into the ground!

Slowly rising to his feet, Voltaire began to wiggle his finger once more, his fate resting on just what move he would summon. With his attack decided, Voltaire leaped into the air, before gliding towards his opponent. As the Emolga approached, he began to glow with energy, and he started to rapidly gain speed!
With the Emolga moving so fast, Talonflame didn't have time to react, and was forced to take the Sky Attack head on!
This proved to be too much for the scorching Pokemon, who let out a loud shriek, before crashing into the ground.

"Talonflame, return!" Shelly called as she returned the scorching Pokemon to it's ball. Shelly then snatched a third Pokeball from her belt, before tossing it in front of her. From the ball materialized a Pokemon Jake had never seen before! It sported a large yellow and red shell on it's back, and a small one on it's head.
The strange creature also had a plated tail, and a strange triangle snout.

Confused, Jake grabbed his Pokedex from his bag and scanned the strange Pokemon.
"Turtonator, the blast turtle Pokemon. A Fire and Dragon type." The Pokedex droned.
"It gushes fire and poisonous gases from its nostrils. Its dung is an explosive substance and can be put to various uses."

"Turtonator, use Stone Edge and Dragon Pulse!" Shelly barked.

"Voltaire, use Metronome, f-follow with Aerial Ace!" Jake ordered.

This time Voltaire was the first to act! Wiggling his finger, Voltaire once again took the gamble of deciding a random move to use. With his move decided, Voltaire began to gather rock energy using an Ancient Power.
Forming the energy into a sphere, Voltaire fired the ball of rock energy at Turtonator, causing the blast turtle Pokemon to let out a small cry.

For it's first attack, Turtonator summoned several sharp stones. After floating around the blast turtle Pokemon for a moment, the pointy rocks flew towards Voltaire, digging into the Emolga's flesh!
With a final cry, Voltaire fell to the ground in defeat.

"Voltaire return!" Jake called out as he withdrew the Emolga to his Pokeball.
"Great work out there." He added, before returning the ball to his bag.
After pondering for a moment, Jake grabbed a Safari Ball and tossed it into the arena, revealing a Carbink to be inside.

"Oh...a battle? I'll try not to let you down then." Diamanta said.
"Y-you're not going to let me down...just do your best." Jake replied.
"Now Diamanta, u-use Rock Tomb, then Rock Throw!"

"Turtonator, Smog and Head Smash!" Shelly barked.

Starting things off, Diamanta began to gather rock energy in front of her, forming a giant boulder with it. The Carbink then fired the boulder at her opponent, causing Turtonator to cry out, as well as lowering it's already pitiful speed.

For it's first attack, Turtonator exhaled a cloud of poisonous gas. Washing over Diamanta, the poisonous gas sent waves of pain through out the Carbink's body! If that weren't enough, once the gas had disappeared, it was clear to see Diamanta had been poisoned!

Angered by Turtonator's assault, Diamanta formed a smaller rock in front of herself, before firing it at Turtonator, landing a super effective hit on the blast turtle Pokemon.

In retaliation, Turtonator coated it's head in rock energy, before slowly charging towards it's opponent! Upon striking Diamanta, the Carbink let out a soft cry, before flying backwards from the force of the attack!
But not all was well for Turtonator, for it's last attack had also damaged it, thanks to it's recoil!

As the round came to a close, Diamanta cried out as the poison she had been inflicted with was starting to take effect!

"Turtonator, use Venoshock and Head Smash!" Shelly barked.

"Diamanta, go for Rock Tomb, t-then Rock Tomb again!" Jake called to the Carbink.

Diamanta was once again the first to act! Gathering rock energy in front of herself, the Carbink created another giant boulder! Diamanta then fired the boulder at her opponent, causing the blast turtle Pokemon to skid back upon being struck by the powerful rock type attack.

In retaliation, Turtonator spewed a wave of green liquid towards Diamanta. Upon making contact with the liquid, the Carbink let out a sharp cry. It seemed the powerful poison attack was being powered up even further, thanks to Diamanta's poisoned state!

For her second attack, Diamanta formed another boulder in front of herself, before striking her opponent with it, causing the Turtonator to fall back once more.

Once again Turtonator surrounded it's head in rock energy, before slowly charging towards Diamanta. Upon making contact with the Carbink, both Pokemon cried out, though only Diamanta flew backwards.

Once Diamanta had returned to her position, the Carbink cried out yet again, the poison having quite an effect on her.

With both Pokemon having sustained a hefty amount of damage, Diamanta and Turtonator looked to on their last legs. It was clear that the next round was going to decide which of them was to emerge victorious!

"Diamanta, u-use Tackle, then Rock Throw!" Jake ordered.

"Turtonator, Venoshock and Flamethrower!" Shelly barked.

Starting things off, Diamanta flew towards her opponent, ramming into Turtonator and dealing a small amount of damage to the blast turtle Pokemon.

With Turtonator as slow as ever, Diamanta took the chance to attack again! Gathering rock energy in front of herself, the Carbink formed a decently sized boulder with the energy. The jewel Pokemon then struck Turtonator with the boulder, causing the blast turtle Pokemon to let out a shriek, before toppling over in defeat.

As Shelly withdrew her Pokemon, Diamanta cried out, the poison inflicted upon her taking effect once more.

In Turtonator's place, a fierce Magmortar appeared. Giving Diamanta a growl, the blast Pokemon pointed one of it's cannons at the jewel Pokemon, showing that it was ready to battle.

"Magmortar, use Psychic. If that's not enough then Flamethrower!" Shelly barked.

"Diamanta, use Rock Throw, t-then Tackle!" Jake ordered.

This time Magmortar was the first to act! Gathering psychic energy, the blast Pokemon released the energy in a psychic wave! Flying towards Diamanta, the Carbink didn't have time to react as the wave of energy crashed into her, causing her to let out a cry, before falling to the ground.

"Diamanta, return!" Jake called as he returned the jewel Pokemon to her Safari Ball.
"Y-you were amazing...rest well." He added, tucking the Safari Ball into his bag. Not wanting to waste anymore time, Jake quickly grabbed a regular ball his bag, before tossing it into the air. From the ball emerged a Murkrow, who landed on the ground without making a sound.

Wait..that wasn't the Pokemon Jake had planned to pick! In his rush to send out another Pokemon, he had grabbed the wrong Pokeball!

"Guess I'll have to make this work too." Jake murmured, before turning his attention to the Murkrow.

"A-alright Robin, I need you to give this your all. Y-you can do that, right?" Jake questioned.

The mute Murkrow gave a quick nod, before taking to skies, ready for the battle to begin.

"Ok. Robin, use Double Team, f-follow with Twister!" Jake ordered.

"Magmortar, use Heat Wave and Thunderbolt!" Shelly barked.

Starting things off, Robin began to move rapidly from side to side. Soon Magmortar was seeing double..then triple! Once Robin had stopped moving, there was now four Murkrow's instead of one!

Looking quite unphased by this development, Magmortar began it's first attack. Gathering fire energy into it's arms, Magmortar blasted intensely heated air at the four Murkrow. As the powerful fire attack hit each Murkrow, three of them evaporated into thin air.
The last Murkrow, being the actual Robin, seemed to have sustained a severe amount of damage from the attack.

Angered by his opponent's assault, Robin laced his wings in dragon energy, before rapidly beating them. As he continued to beat his wings, a cyclone formed in front of the Murkrow. The cyclone spun towards Magmortar, striking the blast Pokemon and causing it to let out a small cry.

For it's second attack, Magmortar began to gather electrical energy into it's arm. Raising one of it's cannons at Robin, the blast Pokemon fired a wicked beam of electricity at the Murkrow. Unable to react in time, Robin displayed a pained expression as the powerful electric attack sent waves of pain through out his body.

"Magmortar, Thunder Punch and Thunderbolt!" Shelly barked.

Robin, u-use Peck...then Twister!" Jake called to the Murkrow.

Robin was once again the first to act! With his beak glowing white with energy, the Murkrow flew towards his opponent, striking the Magmortar with a jab of it's beak.

With Robin left wide open, Magmortar took the opportunity to strike! Coating it's arm in electricity, the blast Pokemon slammed it's arm into Robin, sending the Murkrow flying backwards!

Trying his best to stay in the battle, Robin began to beat his wings again, summoning a cyclone of dragon energy! The cyclone spun towards Magmortar, dealing a small amount of damage to the blast Pokemon and sending it stumbling back.

Angered by the Murkrow's assault, Magmortar began to amass electricity into it's arm. Pointing it's cannon at Robin, the blast Pokemon fired a beam of electric energy out at the Murkrow. Upon making contact with the powerful electric attack, a painful expression appeared on the Murkrow's face.
Once the attack had subsided, Robin feel to the ground, Magmortar's last attack proving to be too much for the darkness Pokemon.

"Robin, return!" Jake said as he withdrew the Murkrow to his Pokeball.
"Y-you did well...now rest up." He added as the placed the ball back in his bag.
Pondering his next choice for a few seconds, Jake picked another regular Pokeball from his bag. Making sure it was the right one, Jake threw the ball in front of him.

From the ball emerged an Ambipom, who let out an audible sigh upon noticing his former captor.

"Cyanide...I promised I wouldn't go after Team Catalyst..for fear of worrying you..and yet here I am." Pom murmured.
"While I regret breaking that promise, I won't regret making these scum suffer for all that they've done. That's a promise I fully intend to keep."
Turning to his trainer, Pom gave him a brief nod, informing him that he was ready to battle.

"Alright Pom, u-use Thunderbolt, follow with Mega Punch!" Jake ordered.

"Magmortar, Flame Burst and Flare Blitz!" Shelly barked.

This time Pom was the first to act! Gathering electrical energy in his body, the Ambipom released a bolt of electricity at his opponent. As the powerful attack struck Magmortar, the blast Pokemon cried out, before stumbling back.

In retaliation, Magmortar began to amass fire energy in it's arm. Magmortar then pointed one of it's cannons at Pom, before sending a blast of fire the Ambipom's way! Upon making contact with Pom, the fire ball exploded, sending embers throughout the room.

For his second attack, Pom began to gather energy into one of his tails, causing it to glow a bright white. The Ambipom then swung his tail at his opponent, striking the Magmortar and causing the blast Pokemon to cry out in pain!

Angered by his opponent's assault, Magmortar surrounded itself in a veil of flames. The blast Pokemon then charged towards Pom, before ramming into the Ambipom and causing him to let out a loud cry.
But Pom wasn't the only only hurting from the attack. Thanks to the power fire attacks recoil, Magmortar had also sustained some damage.

"Magmortar, Flamethrower then Flare Blitz!" Shelly barked.

"Pom, use Shadow Claw, t-then go with Swift!" Jake ordered.

Pom was once again the first to act! Cloaking his tail in a shadowy aura, the Ambipom lunged towards Magmortar, striking the blast Pokemon and sending it tumbling back.

Rising to it's feet, Magmortar started to gather fire energy in it's arm, before aiming a single cannon at Pom. Magmortar then fired a stream of flames out of it's cannon, the flames heading straight towards Pom! Unable to react in time, the Amibpom cried out as the orange flames washed over him, sending waves of pain throughout his body.

Angered by his opponent's assault, Pom gathered energy into one of his tails, before swinging it in the air. Upon swiping the air, several stars shot out, homing in on Magmortar before crashing into the blast Pokemon!
This proved to be too much for Magmortar, who let out a loud shriek, before falling to the ground.

"Magmortar, return!" Shelly called as she withdrew the blast Pokemon.
She then grabbed a fifth Pokeball from her belt, before chucking it in front of her. From the ball emerged a Houndoom, giving Pom a wicked smile as it noticed his opponent. On the Houndoom's neck appeared to be a collar, a strange stone resting in the center of it.

Pom recognized this Houndoom all too well. The reason he was taken captive....the reason his loved ones had to suffer without him...it was all because of this Houndoom!

But before anything could be said from either party, the sound of an alarm filled the room.

"Floor three barracks are under attack! I repeat, floor three barracks are under attack! Requesting back up immediately!" A voice rang throughout the building.

"No...but that's where..." Shelly murmured, before turning her attention to the trainer in front of her.

"So..you still think you're in the right do you?! How can you claim such things as your group attacks innocent people?!" Shelly exclaimed.

"W-what? I can assure you...t-that's not us." Jake replied.

"Once again you can't admit that you're in the wrong. He was right when he said you were to far gone to listen to reason." Shelly said as she pulled a rainbow stone out of her pocket.

"Houndoom, let's burn these scumbags to ashes! It's time for you to Mega Evolve!!!" Shelly exclaimed, gripping the rainbow stone tightly.

Upon doing so, tendrils of energy shot out of the stone, linking to Houndoom's collar. It was then that the dark Pokemon began to transform!
It's horns grew straight upwards, and it's claws began to glow red. It's tail split into a fork, and a large bone like structure appeared on it's neck, with two large spikes on either side of it. Once the dark Pokemon had finished transforming, it let out a menacing growl at it's opponent.

"L-let's win this Pom. Start with Brick Break, f-follow with Gunk Shot!" Jake ordered.

"Houndoom, use Fire Fang and Crunch!" Shelly barked.

Starting things off, Pom lunged at his opponent, before delivering a open hand strike to the mega evolved Houndoom, causing the dark Pokemon to let out a yelp.

For it's first attack, Houndoom coated it's fangs in flames, before charging towards Pom. Once Houndoom had reached the Amibpom, it sunk it's fangs into Pom's flesh!

Angered by his opponent's assault, Pom started to amass poison energy in front of himself, creating a ball of slime and garbage with it. With a swing of his tail, the poisonous sphere was sent flying into the mega evolved Houndoom, causing it to stumble back slightly.

For it's second attack, Houndoom laced it's fangs with dark energy, before making it's way towards it's opponent. Upon reaching the Ambipom, Houndoom bit down on Pom's flesh as hard as it could, causing Pom to cry out.

"Houndoom, Flame Charge then Dark Pulse!" Shelly barked.

"Pom, u-use Mega Punch, then use Brick Break!" Jake ordered.

Starting the round off, Pom began to amass energy into one of his tails, causing it to glow a bright white. The Ambipom then swung his tail at his opponent, striking the Houndoom and causing the dark Pokemon to cry out in pain!

In retaliation, Houndoom began to cover itself in flames, before charging towards Pom! Once the dark Pokemon had finished attacking, it could feel it's muscles loosen, increasing it's speed!

For his second attack, Pom rushed towards Houndoom, before delivering a powerful open hand strike to the dark Pokemon, prompting a yelp from it.

Angered by Pom's assault, Houndoom began to gather it's dark thoughts, converting them into raw energy. The mega evolved Houndoom then fired a wave of dark energy at Pom, causing the Ambipom to stumble backwards.

"Pom, use Brick Break, t-then use Double Hit!" Jake ordered.

"Houndoom! Use Flamethrower and Dark Pulse!" Shelly barked.

This time Houndoom was the first to act! Gathering fire energy in it's mouth, the mega evolved Houndoom spewed a stream of flames Pom's way! Unable to react in time, Pom could only let out a sharp cry as the orange flames washed over him.

In retaliation, Pom lunged at his opponent, striking the dark Pokemon with a powerful open hand strike!

For it's second attack, Houndoom once again began to gather up it's dark thoughts, transforming them into energy. The mega evolved Houndoom then fired a wave of dark energy at Pom, striking the Ambipom and sending him flying back!

Not willing to give up quite yet, Pom began to prepare his next attack. Racing towards Houndoom, Pom swung his tails at the dark Pokemon, striking his opponent twice!

"Let's end this Houndoom! Use Inferno!" Shelly barked.

"Pom, dodge it and use Gunk Shot!" Jake ordered.

Eager to win, Houndoom began to gather up a massive amount of fire energy in it's mouth, before releasing a cyclone of blue flames!

Using his tails as a spring, Pom bounced high into the air, narrowly avoided the powerful fire attack. Wasting no time, Pom began to gather poison energy in front of himself, forming a large sphere of slime and garbage.
Swinging his tail towards his opponent, the ball of poisonous gunk flew towards Houndoom, striking the dark Pokemon and causing it to let out a loud shriek!
The dark Pokemon then fell to the floor, Pom's last attack proving to be too much for it. Upon hitting the ground, the dark Pokemon began to glow, before reverting to it's original form.

"Houndoom, return!" Shelly exclaimed as she withdrew the dark Pokemon to it's ball.

"...Ryan..it's up to you now." Shelly murmured, before quickly running out of the room, leaving only Jake and his Pokemon.

"W-where do you think she went?" Hazel questioned.

"I don't know. B-but let's not focus on that." Jake replied, before turning his attention to Pom.

"Y-you did amazing out there Pom, n-now rest up..you deserve it." Jake said, before returning the Ambipom to his Pokeball.

"W-well....what s-should we do now? S-should we check on the barracks? I-it's under attack, right?" Hazel questioned.

"Not now Hazel, w-we need to get to the top as soon as possible." Jake explained, before pointing to the spiraling stairs ahead of them.

"Ok..w-well...I-I'm with you..all t-the way." Hazel replied.

"Glad to hear it. Let's go." Jake nodded, before making his way up the stairs, Hazel right behind him.
----
Catalyst Tower - Second Floor
----
"Ninetails, no!" A catalyst grunt cried out as he watched his partner fall to the ground.

Returning the Alolan Ninetails to it's ball, the Catalyst grunt quickly fled, leaving only Tyler and his Pokemon behind.

"Hell yeah Magneton, you were awesome out there!" Tyler exclaimed. "We really cleaned up!"

Receiving a nod from the magnet Pokemon, Tyler grabbed a regular Pokeball from his belt, withdrawing the Magneton with it.
"Rest up well, you totally deserve it." The man added, clipping the ball back to his belt.

After splitting up from Sophie, Tyler had run into several Catalyst grunts, all of them desperate to stop him from going any further. But it seemed Tyler's earlier worries of splitting up had been for naught, as he had managed to easily beat each and every grunt so far.

Turning to his Zebstrika, Tyler was about to ask the thunderbolt Pokemon if he was ready to move on, when the sound of an alarm rang from all around him.
"Floor three barracks are under attack! I repeat, floor three barracks are under attack! Requesting back up immediately!" A voice rang throughout the building.

"What the? Their barracks are under attack? But how?" Tyler questioned.
As he continued to ponder this, Zebstrika gave him a firm nudge, turning his trainers attention to him.

"Huh? What is it? Did you want to check it out or something?" Tyler questioned.
Receiving a firm nod from his Pokemon, Tyler let out an audible sigh.

"Yeah well..I would too. But the barracks being on the third floor doesn't give us much clues to it's exact location." Tyler replied, prompting Zebstrika to roll it's eyes.

Approaching the stairs the grunt was guarding, Zebstrika pointed to the sign on the wall using it's nose.

"Barracks straight ahead..." Tyler read the sign aloud.
"Well I guess that answers that." Tyler chuckled, prompting another eye roll from the thunderbolt Pokemon.

"Well then, what are we waiting for? Let's see what's going on!" Tyler exclaimed, before rushing up the stairs, Zebstrika right behind them. The pair wondering what exactly was in store for them....

----
Jake's Remaining (Healthy) Pokemon
Spoiler: show
(20)

Last edited by EpicSquirtle; 07-20-2017 at 12:32 PM.
EpicSquirtle is offline   Reply With Quote