Thread: The Hatchery
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 05:17 PM   #33
Raves
...try a little harder.

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshsBabyLapras View Post
Alexander enters the Hatchery and finds a slightly anxious looking Miss Lulu thumbing through her notes. "Oh, you must be the trainer who I was expecting today," she sighs with relief. "I was starting to worry that maybe you'd not gotten the messages, or lost your way somehow... anyway, I'm glad you're here. It's nice to meet you!" She gestures for Alexander to follow her into the nursery.

Aside from the hum of the incubation machines, the room is silent. Flopped over a large cushion, a pale green creature rests on its belly. At first glance it might look to be sleeping, but as the pair step closer, the Pokémon slowly turns its head to examine the humans. The tough skin on its head is hardened into a scowl, but its large red eyes still seem to be assessing the newly arrived trainer.

The nursery attendant crouches down and reaches out as if to lift up the Pokémon, but it's immediately clear that this is an impossible feat for the rather fragile looking young woman. The baby doesn't move an inch. Instead, Miss Lulu kneels beside the motionless creature, gently stroking the large crest on its head. "...she's heavier than she looks," Lulu explains sheepishly. "Oh, that reminds me - she's already eaten a large portion of soil, but I'm sure she'll be needing much more in the coming days. Encourage that appetite so she grows up big and strong, won't you?" She smiles at the Pokémon, whose glare remains unchanged.

"She may also be a little cranky from hunger," Miss Lulu whispers. "She's not been terribly playful. Certainly has her strengths, though!" Just at that moment, Alexander spots a bright blue dustpan sitting on one side of the room, filled with small pebbles. The girl bows her head remorsefully. "I'm sorry, with her feedings, I haven't had much of a chance to tidy up..."

She gives the hatchling another pat and then gets to her feet. "I'll get to that right now," she declares. "Your little lady should be ready to roll whenever you are!"

Alexander has hatched a lv. 1 female Larvitar! Your Pokémon knows the Egg Moves Iron Head and Stealth Rock.
His entry to the hatchery and meeting with one Miss Lulu only served to increase his intrigue, as the kindly woman gestured him towards what he was given a nod towards. As the pair entered the nursery, he spotted some pale creature slouched over a cushion and as they approached, the creature turned its head, scarlet eyes in a perpetual glare as Alex took a few seconds to register what he saw as Lulu attempted in vain to lift the rocky creature.

A Larvitar. Someone sent me a Larvitar.

As the lady gave him advice regarding the small rock pokemon, and apologised for the gravel lying in the corner, he looked over the young creature. Not particularly playful, a little gluttonous, consumes soil and dirt, and seemingly naturally gifted, judging by the paperwork he had received confirming the presence of two egg moves, namely Iron Head and Stealth Rock, his gaze met the Larvitar as he tilted his head. The pokemon sat up and gave a small stretch as far as her stubby limbs could stretch, before waddling towards the young man, who held a rock ball for the pokemon, offering it to the cranky baby. After a few tense seconds, she tapped the ball, and with a short ding, Alex gave his thanks to Miss Lulu and turned to leave the hatchery, bringing the Larvitar out.

Something this rare could only come from one place, one person...

As he stepped outside, the hefty pokemon in tow beside him, he found himself looking at a woman, her Mawile giving a cheeky, knowing smirk, with those all too familiar green eyes, the lady's black hair and white length as she folded her arms, with an all too familiar smirk across her face, one he hadn't seen for a long time, and wished he hadn't as his confused look on his own face fell to a frown, his cold stare capable of freezing a Magcargo solid in its tracks.

"...so you did get the call after all, Alex."

A deep, aggravated sigh escaped his lips as the female drew closer, clearly entertained at the situation he was in.

Machaldea. Of course it would be the work of Machaldea.

"...right. Shoulda known you'd have a hand in this, chief..."

*Picking up this little lass, and christening her with the name Attila.*
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote