View Single Post
Old 07-06-2017, 04:19 AM   #66
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Missingno. Master - [Update Music]

After finishing your honey tea, both you and Meowth parted ways with Melody with a set destination in mind: the southern edge of the swamp, located on the southside of the village. According to Melody, the Melitologist should be there studying one of the Combee’s colonies, and if all went well, you would try to find a way to help this village’s dire situation - even if it meant going against all odds to do so. That is what you do, after all - it wouldn’t be the first time, and it most certainly wouldn’t be the last. Simply put, there’s no harm in at least trying, right?

The swamp wasn’t too far to the south of the village. The walk was pleasant - a pair of Fletchling sang from the canopy above, the first time in quite a while you had heard any bird Pokemon singing their songs within the forest. Unfortunately though, the death of flowers was rapidly spreading and could be seen here as well - patches upon patches of flowers and bushes were completely wilted and decaying, the lack of proper pollination slowly but surely killing them off one by one - a blatant eyesore sticking out among the rest of the jubilant and life-filled forest.

You finally reached the shore of the swamp after about twenty minutes of walking and began circling around the edge, following course to the other side of the swamp to find the Bee Pokemon researcher. Your curiosity did not take long to be sated, however, but not in the way you had most likely hoped. A sudden shriek cracked across the quiet swamp, sending a group of previously hidden Woobat out from the shade they had been hiding within and bolting across the forest and into the treetops. It wasn’t hard to find the source of the sound, though. On the opposite side of the swamp from where you stood was a person clad in bee keeper gear, on their hands and knees, shaking fearfully and burying their head into their elbows for protection. Above them circled several Combee, each taking a turn dive bombing the individual and attempting to attack with a fierce Bug Bite. In the center, unmoving, hovered a single Combee. It did not attack, it did not move - it simply hovered in place and watched, almost as though it were in charge of the group. The voice suddenly yelped again, this time making it clear that it was that of a woman, as another Combee dove from the air and attacked her from behind once more with another Bug Bite. The woman crawled to a nearby tree and grabbed ahold of the bark to try and pull herself up. “Please, st-sto-” she was unable to finish the sentence. The Combee group all suddenly stopped moving and became still at once. The single Combee that had previously remained silent suddenly became visibly angry and started plunging into the woman over and over, ramming into her from the back, knocking her off balance, and pushing her to the ground, all while the other Combee took their turns to silently watch.
With one final farewell and a thanks for the honey tea (as well as the Honey Keith had purchased), Keith and Meowth parted from Melody. Their destination, the southern edge of the swamp. More specifically, this Melitologist. Would they find a way to help? They had no clue. Did this uncertainty stop them? Hell, no.

It was a pleasant walk. A pair of Fletchling sang from above them, a first for Keith's trip to this forest. Of course, the pleasant nature of the Fletchling song was mitigated somewhat by the constant presence of dead and dying flowers. Keith shook his head- he generally didn't see flowers look like this until after his Garbodor picked them.

After twenty minutes of walking, however, there came quite the sufficient distraction from the dying plant life. Namely, a loud shriek, one which startled a flock of Woobat from their hiding place, and the source of said shriek wasn't hard to find- a person clad in beekeeping gear, along with a group of bee Pokémon, though she seemed to be doing a terrible job at keeping them.

"Dose have gotta be da most aggressive Combee I ever seen!" Meowth declared as Keith dug out his Pokédex.

"Combee, the Tiny Bee Pokémon. A Bug and Flying-type," said Keith's Pokédex. "A Pokémon formed by three others, Combee collects and delivers sweet honey to the rest of its colony. It constantly works to please its evolved form, Vespiquen."

"I'd hate to see the Vespiquen who'd be pleased by this," Keith remarked- the woman was now being rammed repeatedly by the single Combee who, up until now, had been watching the others attack. "Meowth, we gotta help her!" he exclaimed.

"Oh, yeah, I'm just gonna rush right in ta take on a swarm o' angry Combee, dat's a great idea," Meowth replied sarcastically.

"Oh, relax," Keith retorted, clutching a Poké Ball. "I intend to take them on with a bug even bigger and badder than they are." And he threw the ball. "Colin, I choose you!" he declared.

The ball split open, and in a flash of light, there appeared Keith's Yanmega. "Yan ya!" rumbled Colin in that deep, rumbling voice of his.

"Alright, Colin, let's show those Combee who's boss!" Keith declared. "Fire an Ancient Power at the one attacking the woman- don't hurt the woman, of course," he added. "This'll likely turn the whole swarm on you, so be ready to meet them with your Air Slash and Bug Buzz attacks, alright?"

"Yan!" nodded the Yanmega, already prepared to start attacking.

My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote