View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017, 07:14 PM   #31
kawaiiconcept
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotom310 View Post
kawaiiconcept: Now in possession of some berries, your first instinct is to rush to Cassie's side. Holding one out for the Herdier to wolf down, you see that - hard as it is to tell with the poison - she looks a little better than before. At the very least, the dog tests out her limp leg and finds it a bit easier to stand on. Not perfect - the leg buckles after a moment, bringing Cassie down to the ground - but not requiring immediate medical attention. Before returning to the fight, you call out to Annalise for some sort of antidote. Blinking up at you, she stammers a quick "I-I'll check," but otherwise doesn't immediately respond with anything.

You can't waste time, so you leave her for now, instead calling commands to Frieghya. The Espeon nods your way, focusing her forehead jewel for yet another Confusion. As he had each time before, the Buneary clutches his head in agony, the sheer repetition of the mental stimulation having a profound effect. The rabbit staggers back a step, but catches himself from falling over. Huffing in anger, the Buneary responds with a brutal beatdown, taking all his Frustration out on the Espeon. Frieghya cries out under the onslaught, attempting to dodge out of the blow's way with little success; the bunny moved too quick for the Espeon to flee. Eventually the rabbit lets up, more from physical exhaustion than any real desire to stop. Panting herself, Frieghya takes the opportunity to fire one more Confusion. Tired as the Buneary is, by this point he's if not accustomed to at least mindful of the psychic power. Bracing himself mentally, he Endures the attack. He doesn't fall unconscious, but the Buneary really can't take any more hits without some serious mental damage. On the physical side of things, Frieghya doesn't look much better. One lucky hit could swing things either way.

As that fight plays out, you try a risky move. Pulling out a Pokeball, you rush to the Scraggy. You make a heartfelt speech, offering the hoodlum a place on your team. For a long moment, the Scraggy stares at you, his face running the gambit of emotions so quickly you find it hard to catch any for more than the briefest of seconds. At one point, you think you see a glimmer of hope, but that could just have easily been your own desires clouding your judgment. By the end, the Scraggy has shut down, his face a blank mask. Slowly, he reaches out a hand. He reaches towards you, towards the Pokeball you hold out on shaking hand. You wait anxiously as the Scraggy lays his hand down atop the red hemisphere of the ball, picking it up into his own grasp. The Scraggy stares down at the orb in his grip, his mask slipping for a single moment, revealing a look of pure doubt. As he turns his gaze up to you, that doubt disappears, replaced by steely resolve. He takes the Pokeball in one hand...

...and chucks it right at your forehead.

You stumble back at the impact, luckily stepping right out of the way of a follow-up Headbutt from the Scraggy. Erin jumps to your side, ready to attack at your command and finish this battle. Unfortunately, he doesn't get the chance. With a faint pop, an Abra suddenly appears between the Scraggy and you. His eyes are closed, but even then, his glare is so strong you fight to repress a shudder. The Psychic-type grips the Scraggy's shoulder and - cutting off the start of a protest from the Fighting-type - Teleports away.

(Erin gained 1 level!)

With the Scraggy gone, you find yourself with one opponent left: the Buneary. Neither he nor Frieghya will probably last another round, and - her poison growing worse - Cassie won't last much past that. You turn to Annalise, hopeful for some remedy, only to find she's still searching. At this point, the only bright spot is that Erin is ready and raring to go.

In the distance, you hear a van begin to move.

What will you do?

(Declared 3/6: Espeon, Aron, Herdier)

Kawaii winced as the ball hit her head. She chuckled to herself, she tried her best, what had she been expecting? The pinkette still refused to just throw pokeballs at pokemon. She wanted her team to be created willingly. Her pokemon chose her as much as she had chosen them. The female trainer shook her head and retrieved the empty pokeball.
Kawaii had to think fast. She immediately recalled Cassie. She hoped that this would prevent her precious puppy from getting worse. The pinkette directed Erin at the Lopbunny, “Use another harden before you charge it with another Headbutt.” The Aron closed his eyes and his shell grew thicker before he hopped up and charged towards the weak Normal-type.
Meanwhile The female trainer was tending to her Espeon. She fed the phsychic-type one of the berries and petting her head and making cooing noises. "Hey," she murmured "Cassie is really sick with poison. Could you use wish on her to remove her status effects?"
Frieghya nodded getting up slowly. Kawaii let her herdier out once again and the Espeon closed her eyes. Her forehead jewl glowed and somwhere a shooting star crossed the sky.
Meanwhile the pinkette turned to her human companion "Do you need any help?" she asked croutching down besides her fellow trainer, "What are you looking for?"
Suddenly she smaked her forehead "I'm so dumb, hang on." she took out another pokeball and released a Woobat. "Go after that Van." the female trainer instructed "Observe only, report back to me once you know where it's going."
The psychic type nodded and took off into the sky. He used his Echo-location to find the van faster than any other method probably would have.

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓŇň furry, witch, and pansexual.
IM SORRY MY RPS ARE SO SHORT
For my baby :
"And we all say,
Oh well I never
was there ever
A cat so clever
As magical Mr. Mistofolese"
R.I.P. buddy, I miss you.

Last edited by kawaiiconcept; 06-22-2017 at 12:29 AM.
kawaiiconcept is offline   Reply With Quote