View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017, 01:38 AM   #29
Rotom310
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiiconcept View Post
Spoiler: show
Kawaii imeadiatly grabbed the berries and ran over to Cassie. She pet the dog-pokemon and fed her one of the berries, "Here this will help. Sorry if you don't like it that much."
The normal-type scarfed down the berry and imeadiatly felt a little better, but still cringed from the poison.
The pinkette looked to Annaliese "Do you have anything to cure poison?" she asked standing up and leading Cassie to where she was standing. She addressed Frieghya "Hang in! Use two more Confusions but if it tries to attack you dodge it." The Espeon nodded and fired another beam out of her jewl.
Lastly the female trainer addressed her Aron "I have an idea so just hang tight." Kawaii took out an empty pokeball she counted the remaining ones "Dang six left." she muttered to herself. Then the pinkette walked up to the Scraggy "Hey, I don't know what your current life is but if you come with me I promise to feed you and teat you like everyone else on my team. I even have some other dark types who would love to train with you. You could even fight for fun and win prizes." She heald out the pokeball with a soft smile on her face.
Erin, meanwhile, looked ready to help Frieghya if Kawaii's idea worked. He hoped it did since he was always ready to welcome new members to the team. The Aron would even personally train the new addition himself as they worked through his problems with aggression.
kawaiiconcept: Now in possession of some berries, your first instinct is to rush to Cassie's side. Holding one out for the Herdier to wolf down, you see that - hard as it is to tell with the poison - she looks a little better than before. At the very least, the dog tests out her limp leg and finds it a bit easier to stand on. Not perfect - the leg buckles after a moment, bringing Cassie down to the ground - but not requiring immediate medical attention. Before returning to the fight, you call out to Annalise for some sort of antidote. Blinking up at you, she stammers a quick "I-I'll check," but otherwise doesn't immediately respond with anything.

You can't waste time, so you leave her for now, instead calling commands to Frieghya. The Espeon nods your way, focusing her forehead jewel for yet another Confusion. As he had each time before, the Buneary clutches his head in agony, the sheer repetition of the mental stimulation having a profound effect. The rabbit staggers back a step, but catches himself from falling over. Huffing in anger, the Buneary responds with a brutal beatdown, taking all his Frustration out on the Espeon. Frieghya cries out under the onslaught, attempting to dodge out of the blow's way with little success; the bunny moved too quick for the Espeon to flee. Eventually the rabbit lets up, more from physical exhaustion than any real desire to stop. Panting herself, Frieghya takes the opportunity to fire one more Confusion. Tired as the Buneary is, by this point he's if not accustomed to at least mindful of the psychic power. Bracing himself mentally, he Endures the attack. He doesn't fall unconscious, but the Buneary really can't take any more hits without some serious mental damage. On the physical side of things, Frieghya doesn't look much better. One lucky hit could swing things either way.

As that fight plays out, you try a risky move. Pulling out a Pokeball, you rush to the Scraggy. You make a heartfelt speech, offering the hoodlum a place on your team. For a long moment, the Scraggy stares at you, his face running the gambit of emotions so quickly you find it hard to catch any for more than the briefest of seconds. At one point, you think you see a glimmer of hope, but that could just have easily been your own desires clouding your judgment. By the end, the Scraggy has shut down, his face a blank mask. Slowly, he reaches out a hand. He reaches towards you, towards the Pokeball you hold out on shaking hand. You wait anxiously as the Scraggy lays his hand down atop the red hemisphere of the ball, picking it up into his own grasp. The Scraggy stares down at the orb in his grip, his mask slipping for a single moment, revealing a look of pure doubt. As he turns his gaze up to you, that doubt disappears, replaced by steely resolve. He takes the Pokeball in one hand...

...and chucks it right at your forehead.

You stumble back at the impact, luckily stepping right out of the way of a follow-up Headbutt from the Scraggy. Erin jumps to your side, ready to attack at your command and finish this battle. Unfortunately, he doesn't get the chance. With a faint pop, an Abra suddenly appears between the Scraggy and you. His eyes are closed, but even then, his glare is so strong you fight to repress a shudder. The Psychic-type grips the Scraggy's shoulder and - cutting off the start of a protest from the Fighting-type - Teleports away.

(Erin gained 1 level!)

With the Scraggy gone, you find yourself with one opponent left: the Buneary. Neither he nor Frieghya will probably last another round, and - her poison growing worse - Cassie won't last much past that. You turn to Annalise, hopeful for some remedy, only to find she's still searching. At this point, the only bright spot is that Erin is ready and raring to go.

In the distance, you hear a van begin to move.

What will you do?

(Declared 3/6: Espeon, Aron, Herdier)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Spoiler: show
Atalanta had carried out her role to perfection, she flew silently and at a distance, leading them in the same direction as McCoy. Jayson and Boudicca kept their distance, it would have been unfortunate if the Mudbray's heavy hooves alerted McCoy. Eventually Jayon came to a stop as he arrived at the edge of the classification yard, there were tracks coming in from everywhere but Jayson paid little attention to them. Instead he fixed his attention on McCoy and the worker he was currently conversing with. Atalanta soon joined them as they listened intently, trying to gather as much information from the conversation as they could. It seemed the track had been bent out of shape somehow, Jayson found it quite strange that something like that could go unchecked. McCoy soon left in order to try and find someone to help bend it back into shape but Jayson got the feeling that he wouldn't achieve his goal in time.

He now had the opportunity to help, with McCoy gone it might be possible to convince this bloke that you were sent to help. Pausing for a moment to create a realistic time gap, Jayson rushed from his position with Boudicca and Atalanta following him.

"Hey mate, I just bumped into McCoy, I was on my way over to the main building to get cleared but he saw my Pokemon and sent me this way. He said something about the tracks needing to be bent back into place? I think my Pokemon can do just that." Jayson unhitched a Pokeball from his belt and tossed it out and released a Pokemon by his side. The little round bundle of red quickly came to life, jumping around wildly with no small amount of energy. "Calm down Logi, the situation is an important one", the Darumaka came to a stop and looked at its trainer with a big bright smile. "My name is Jayson, I think I can get Logi here to heat up the track with a Heat Wave and then Boudicca my Mudbray, can kick them into place. The heat should make them more malleable and make the task easier. Atalanta can scout down the track and look for any more signs of damage, you got that girl?" The Rowlet hooted in reply as Jayson looked at the man that McCoy had left in charge of the situation, hopefully the display of confidence would work in Jayson's favour.
TheKnightsFury: After a pause to set up your minor charade, you head out to make yourself useful. Approaching the stretch of track, you sell your part with your best facade of confidence, bringing out Logi and explaining your plan. Backed up by your Pokémon, you're hopeful he'll buy it.

Up close, you're able to get a much better look at the man. Like McCoy, he's tall - falling just an inch or two below your own height. He has a tanned complexion, though whether it comes from his heritage or from his work you aren't quite sure, and he too is wearing what seems to be the unofficial uniform of jeans and a non-descript jacket under his safety garb. Arms crossed, the man runs his grey eyes up and down you, pausing for a long moment at the sword on your hip. He doesn't cut you off at any point, but judging from the skeptical expression on his angular face, he's not completely sold. When you finish, he's quiet for a long while, obviously in thought. As the seconds drag on, you feel a touch of nerves, a passing thought wondering if you're about to get run off the yard. Luckily for you, after a few more seconds of thought the man shrugs and uncrosses his arms. He still doesn't look like he really believes you, but far be it from him to turn down someone offering to solve his problems.

"Name's Jim, Jim Kirkland," he introduces himself. "If McCoy thinks your team can help, knock yourself out. Makes my life easier at least."

With his permission given, you nod to your Pokémon, setting the plan in motion. Atalanta immediately takes flight, swooping up into the sky for aerial reconnaissance. The other two ready themselves for their part. Logi breathes in deeply, exhaling out a wave of heated air onto the section of track. Within moments the steel blurs in a haze of heat. It's hard to say if actual flame would do better, but, as the steel track starts to glow faintly, the Heat Wave seems to be doing its job. Soon, it's Boudicca's cue. At the ready, the Mudbray tilts forward, throwing a powerful kick at the tracks behind her. There's a metallic screech as her hooves meet steel, bending the track back but just a bit too far. She gives a whuffle of frustration, trying again with a gentler kick to better success.

It's a long process, straightening the lines to Jim's satisfaction. Other than the occasional "good" or "not yet," he doesn't say anything. He just keeps a pensive expression, eyes flicking back between you and Logi. Eventually, Boudicca and Logi reach the last bend in the track, straightening it with a final kick. Jim looks it over, and you see the corners of his mouth uptick. "Well I'll be damned," he finally says, turning to look at you. His smirk has blossomed into a full grin. "I had my doubts, but you guys actually did it." At his thumbs up, Logi lets up his constant barrage of Heat Waves, slumping to the ground with fatigue. That was far more tiring for the young Darumaka than either of you expected. "Well, this'll need to be checked by the maintenance crew at some point, but for a pinch this'll do nicely-"

Before he can say much more, you both hear a hoot. Atalanta descends from the sky, falling into a circling pattern above your head. She seems troubled. What would you like to do?

(Logi and Boudicca each gain 1 level for their work.)

(Declared 3/6: Rowlet, Mudbray, Darumaka)
Rotom310 is offline   Reply With Quote