View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 07:54 PM   #58
Jerichi
本✚能

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Jerichi:

The Sableye took a step back. "Thank you so mu... I mean, uh... did I say stolen? Do you think they were stolen!? Oh... oh goodness... I hadn't considered that possibility." He hung his head in humiliation, rubbing the back of it anxiously. He let out a sigh and looked up at the trio sheepishly.

"So... I guess that is possible, yes. I... may have gotten carried away last week..." He trailed off a bit and started to fidget with the stones in his hands. "Maybe we should... talk about where else they could possibly have gone, huh? Haha..."

Ai and Koi stared at him with suspicious, squinted eyes. Why was he changing the subject?

"...right. I guess I should just be honest. Last week, I went off gather some food for the week, like I always do... and then, wouldn't you know it, I stumbled upon something incredible! Right in the side of the base of the mountain overlooking the fjord. It was a cavern I hadn't known about before. I was so excited! So, naturally, I went in, and what I saw was... it really made me drool. Beautiful, gorgeous sky blue crystals, dozens of them, jutting out of the floor, walls, and ceilings, they were everywhere! I couldn't resist, I started eating right there! ... And, well... I uh... it wasn't until I had pulled it out of the wall and started to chow down that I realized I had just taken a bite out of a Pokemon. A Carbink, in fact. AHH, DON'T LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT! I'm not some kind of Pokemon eater! It was a, er... it was a mistake! I didn't know any better, believe me! Please don't be freaked out, my momma raised me right, I swear!"

He started moving up and down and twiddling his thumbs, frowning. It's not really certain whether or not he really did knowingly do this - Sableye have been known to hunt Carbink in the past, so while his story is plausible, most would still find it questionable.

"Please, you gotta help. The other Carbink - they woke up and started shouting at me, chasing me out of the cave. They attacked me and swore I'd pay for what I did, but, well, I guess I didn't really believe them. So... if they were really stolen... then, I guess that's where I'd start. It's on the other side of the beach, at the base of that mountain that overlooks the fjord..."
As the Sableye frantically explained his predicament, Koi leaned to his sister, whispering to her in human speak as not to risk the imp overhearing.

"I don't know about this guy..." he mumbled, eyeing the skittish Ghost- and Dark-typed Pokémon who was twiddling his thumbs nervously.

"I'm not sure either," Ai confided in their common tongue, not able to speak human, clearly feeling a little unsure herself, but willing to mistrust him entirely, "but if the gems were stolen, it would be a good place to start. Perhaps it was just a misunderstanding like he says?"

"I guess it could be, but - well, I think my suspicion isn't terribly unfounded, no?" Koi replied in their tongue, "Well, either way, it's something to do." His concession didn't seem terribly convincing, but his lack of protest was something.

"That's the spirit," Ai replied, a tinge of sarcasm lacing the comment. She turned to Violette, who was still transfixed on the icy stones, "C'mon, honey, how about we go check out that cave Mr. Sableye was talking about. Maybe we can even find some shinier stones there?"

"Oooooh, okay!" she agreed with some enthusiasm, swishing her many tails back and forth with excitement.

As they headed off in the general direction of the cave, Violette heading up the pack with a noticeable bounce in her step, Ai leaned into Koi, who still seemed a bit skeptical.

"At the very least," she begun, "we can get Carbink's side of the story."

Koi shrugged.

Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote