View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 12:23 PM   #55
Maskerade
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Bubbling Beach - On the coast between the southern and western dock is a sunny beach with pristine white sands and crashing waves - ideal for a summery vacation! But, this beach has more than just sun and fun; it's the ideal relaxation spot. Just beyond the dunes are a number of volcanic hot springs that overlook the sparkling seas. Despite their rather opposed nature, both Water and Fire Pokémon gather here to take full advantage of the mineral-rich (and slightly salty) springs. Some hotter Pokémon even enjoy the pools of bubbling magma interspersed with the watery ones! Please use deepskyblue.
Should I let them? So much can go wrong in a place like this... Not that my being there with them would do them much good, what with my complete lack of battling skills. But there are countless studies proving the beneficial effects of giving one's Pokémon some freedom... Oh dear. What should I do?...

As always, Rorik was overthinking things. In truth, whatever his decision wound up being, it wouldn't matter anymore - Gottfried's Munchlax and the Adoption Centre's Staryu, the two Pokémon he carried on his travels, were already disembarking on Incognito Island while Professor Pine watched on from another ship. It seemed they were doing just fine on their own despite his indecisiveness...

---

Munchlax looked around, taking in the pleasant scents of Bubbling Beach - the ones he cared about, anyway, which pretty much amounted to the distant smell of grilled Finneon somewhere farther down the coast. He prepared to make a beeline in that direction, but for some strange reason, his body did not comply. It took him a while to process - as was usually the case - that it was his partner's doing: the silent, mind-boggingly boring Staryu that Rorik had adopted by mistake.

Come to think of it, he didn't recall ever wanting to come to Bubbling Beach in the first place - not that he minded gulping down Magikarp every now and again, but there were much more flavorful places on his list of priorities. The only possible explanation was that Staryu was responsible for this as well, likely having used it freakish powers to influence the Professor's mind. No, Munchlax didn't like Staryu very much, all in all.

The inedible starfish had already taken the initiative, scouring the sprawling sands for something Munchlax couldn't possibly guess. After all, the thing lacked a mouth, so it made no sense for it to be looking for food... and what else was there in the world worth searching for?

Last edited by Maskerade; 06-12-2017 at 03:26 PM.
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote