View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 01:58 PM   #12
Rotom310
Boulder Badge

Welcome, Deoxys and Schala to this zone! Maskerade will be picking the two of you up, so please just wait a little bit longer for updates. Also, apologies for taking a bit long on these. In addition to the planning I had to do for some of these adventures, things just got busy for me for a bit there. All should be well now though, so I hope you all enjoy. And, as always, if you have a question about anything feel free to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiiconcept View Post
Spoiler: show
It took Kawaii a moment to fully understand what was going on. After awaking from these dream-like states she often took a while to get back to funcional proscessing. When she did she shot up and raced after the woman, her pokemon close behind her.
"Exscuse me," the pink haired trainer called "Have you lost your pokemon?"
While thier trainer was conversing with the woman Erin turned to Frieghya and tilted his head with a knowing look in his eye. The Espeon rolled her eyes, knowing exactly what the steel-type wanted. Stop hitting on me I'm not interested in you. she remarked telepathically.
The Aron looked taken aback "I wasn't hitting on you." he played innocent.
The Psychic-type sighed I can read your mind, remember?
Erin looked slightly dijected "You are not going to even try?" he pleaded.
Frieghya turned away I did when we first met. It did not go well.
The Aron looked confused for a moment then blushed, "Oops, yeah I remember that. Sorry."
The Espeon just shrugged wordlessly.
After a few moments Frieghya muttered into Erin's mind I really am sorry for leading you on like that. tears pricked at her eyes but she held them back as best she could.
The steel-type shook his head "No, I pushed you and grew attached to you. Without ever really asking about how you actually felt."
The psychic type relaxed a bit I was desperate and scared. she turned her head and grinned at Erin Besides, now you can find someone who loves you as much as you love them.
The Aron blushed and nodded "You too miss Frieghya."
Kawaiiconcept: As the fog clears from your mind, the decision in front of you seems crystal clear. Jumping up from your prone position, you race after the woman, your Pokémon right on your heels. With her head start, the woman reaches the bottom of your small hill before you are able to stop her. As you ask your question, she seems taken aback by your interest. You get the impression she'd been generally brushed off until now.

With a blink of surprise, the woman nods a yes. "Yeah, my Zorua, Parker. She disappeared just about a week ago. We were here actually, in the park, and she just... She wandered off, to play with a Poochyena, and didn't come back. I tried telling people - like my brother with the police - that something's happened to her, but no one believes me. They just think she's run off." Once she started talking, the floodgates seem to release and she can't stop. Her words grow faster and more strung together the longer she speaks. "Which, she's wondered off before, yeah, but she's never been gone this long and never like this. Usually she just goes out in the night and is back the next day or the day after. So I know that something bad has happened to her or someone's taken her or worse, and I've been putting up posters in case someone's seen her or anything but no one has and-"

Suddenly, she cuts herself off, a deep blush coloring her fair complexion as she realizes her rambling. She turns her gaze down to the ground, obviously embarrassed at her outburst. "I'm sorry. You probably don't care about all that." She pauses again, another thought having struck her. Somehow, her cheeks manage to further redden. "My name is Annalise, by the way."

She trails off, giving you the chance to respond. What will you say?

(Declared: Espeon, Aron)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
Heather looked around at the interior of this foremost building. This was...not what she had expected, to be honest. What she'd heard of the power plants in Kanto and Kalos had indicated that the immediate, public area would have a lot more Pokémon hanging out, so she hadn't expected something quite so orderly, even despite this plant's perfect record. Granted, that was probably due to the locale of each, rather than their nature as such facilities, so perhaps Heather's own expectations had been rather half-baked. Either way, this was shaping up to be more of a casual day out on the town than an adventure, and that was disappointing to say the least. Heather was eager to build a team, after all.

"You really didn't think this through, did you?" Grace said, noticing Heather's expression as they entered the building.

"I'll admit my expectations might have been a bit different, yes." Heather retorted as she continued to survey the area. Finally, her eyes settled on a place, and an idea sparked in her mind. "Buuuuut, we can possibly still salvage this one. Maybe." Heather said, walking over towards the seeming educational area. "If they're talking about the plant here...perhaps they have a tour or two we might make use of, if you know what I mean!" she added, with an incorrigible grin on her face. Clearly, to her, this plan was just about flawless, even if in reality it was based on several unreliable assumptions.

"I thought we weren't looking for trouble here..." the Emolga huffed, rolling her eyes.

"I'm not! I'm just going through the proper channels to hopefully get better access!" Heather protested, only prompting further eyerolling, which Heather ignored as she continued walking. "Let's see what we can find!" she said optimistically, hoping this wouldn't turn out to be a complete bust.
Heather: Looking around at the interior of this visitor's center, you can't help but feel a tinge of disappointment. You were looking for excitement and adventure, and, well. This is not exactly that. Still, as an idea flickers to life in your mind, you're hopeful to get some enjoyment out of this visit even if not by... the most lawful of means. To enact the first part of this cunning plan, you make your way across the open room and around the large gathering of people towards this educational area.

The first thing you spy upon reaching your destination is the large model of the plant compound you spied earlier. You see laid out on the table a semicircle of craggy, mountain terrain, inside of which rests the multiple buildings of the plant. Just as you had with the full-scale version, you approach the table from the south, putting the miniature visitor's center right in front of you. At the small building's side, you see a label showing that this building serves not one but three purposes, housing the administration center of the plant as well as primary research facilities. Looking outward over the model, you see that the large building overshadowing everything is the main generator building. The method of generation isn't immediately clear to you, but you do see little figures of Electabuzz and Electrode outside the building model. Past that, you see two much smaller structures, labeled as a switch facility and step-up transmission respectively. The latter, you also see, has tiny little power cables extending towards miniatures of the pylons you saw when approaching the plant. Finally, further back you see a multitude of small buildings, more similar in size to the visitor's center than the main building, all labeled auxiliary facilities with various subtitles showing what they specialized in. A few were extra generator buildings, but others proclaimed secondary research spaces. Beyond these buildings up to the start of the cliffside, the space is empty, simply labeled 'future projects & expansions.'

Turning around, you're about to look at any exhibits along the walls, when an overly cheerful voice rings out over an intercom. "Attention please, anyone still interested in taking the facilities tour, please come sign up at the front desk! There's only a few spots left!"

Well, that's serendipitous. What would you like to do?

(Declared: Emolga, Alola Vulpix)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Jayson realized that the yard manager was right, it was incredibly unsafe for him to be getting around without safety gear. He wouldn't only be putting himself at risk, he would also be jeopardising the safety of those around him. It would likely be simple enough for him to find the office and get himself registered, but when McCoy's crackled to life, Jayson was presented with a conundrum. It seemed that a situation had arisen, one that the yard manager himself doubted he could solve. What were the two inbound though? Trains? That seemed likely but perhaps it could have been something else entirely. There wasn't really anything to stop him from aiding the yard manager. Sure, he had just told Jayson off for getting around without safety gear but what was he going to do about it? If he kicked him off site then he could just look for work elsewhere, but if something terrible happened when he had the opportunity to help? That would be devastating.

Wait for a moment for McCoy to get a lead on him, Jayson turned to his Pokemon. "Alright girls, we are going to lend a hand with that situation." Both of Jayson's Pokemon looked a little shocked, not expecting him to go against the yard manager's instructions. "I know you haven't been with me long but you will soon learn that I will do just about anything to help people in need. Now Atalanta I need you to follow that bloke we just met, stick to the air and put your silent flying skills to good use. Boudicca and myself will follow you on foot, when you reach your destination take cover, we need to get a read on the situation before we throw ourselves into the fray."

As the Rowlet took to the air in pursuit of the yard manager, Jayson adjusted the sword on his hip before racing off after her, Boudicca thundering along beside him.
TheKnightsFury: You find yourself with a conundrum. On the one hand, you see the logic in the foreman's, McCoy's, diatribe. It couldn't be hard to go and register yourself as a worker, able to move through the yard and help freely. On the other, there was obviously a problem in this moment of time, given McCoy's ire as he briskly walked away. Sure, you might be able to get registered and come help, but who knew how long that would take? Not knowing what the problem was, you can't say how time critical the problem might be. If something awful happened when you had the chance to help... Well, you know what your decision will be.

Waiting another moment to let McCoy pass out of sight and get a lead on yourself, you turn to your Pokémon, explaining what you plan to do. Your compatriots seem surprised at your blatant disregard for the foreman's instructions, but follow your lead without question. Atalanta shoots up into the sky without a sound. She soars upward, cresting over the tallest of the train cars until she settles a fair distance away. She circles for a few seconds, sighting out her prey, before taking off in roughly the direction you saw McCoy take. You follow, Boudicca galloping at a fair pace at your side, eyes following your faithful owl.

Train cars and workers alike pass you by as you race through the yard between tracks, occasionally cutting across one. Quickly into your sprint, it becomes apparent your choice of tactics was a smart one. Though not nearly as bad as its evolution, a Mudbray at full gallop is not by any means, well, stealthy. Luckily, no one tries to stop you in your pursuit. Quite a few people and Pokémon seem visibly confused as you pass, but all are left in your dust before they could even attempt to halt your progress. Twice you almost lose sight of Atalanta, but each time, aware of your movements, she pauses her flight long enough for you to continue onwards.

After only a few more minutes of travel, you spy Atalanta start circling up in the sky. You slow yourself, Boudicca similarly slowing to a light trot beside you. As you finally stop by an empty boxcar, your Rowlet silently flaps away from the railyard and out of your sight. She's only gone a moment before she rounds a corner behind you at ground level, having doubled back in secret to regroup with you. With a barely audible 'coo' she perches atop Boudicca's head, joining the two of you in peering around the side of the boxcar.

Looking around, you see that you're just on the cusp of a new area of the yard. Very similar to the area you were just in, a single track enters the area from your right, going through a series of switches until that one track has expanded into easily a good ten or fifteen separate lines. A fair distance away, towards where these many tracks converge back into a single line, you see a few rail cars of assorted types. In the more immediate surroundings of this area, however, the lines all appear to be empty.

Doing another visual sweep of the classification yard, you spot two humanoid forms with their backs to you right at the first switch in the track. One figure appears to be the foreman you met earlier, McCoy. The other, facing away, you can't discern much in the way of physical appearance, but does seem to be of a similar height and build as McCoy. Just as you spot them, words faintly carry on the wind to your group. You're in luck; based on the conversation (or more accurately, reprimand), McCoy seems to have gotten here only just before you.

"...Lots one thru four are all full, the hell was Scotty thinking messing with the switches?!" a gruff voice you recall to be McCoy's yells out.

"Like I know," a second voice calls out, a note of exasperation thick in the masculine, low-tenor tone. "I just got a call from the Scott in the switch house saying he effed up. He was tinkering, I guess, and it just stopped responding. And yeah, pneumatics is shot, but it's in the right position thank god. It's just..." The man trails off, kicking once at the switch. "Something tells me it wasn't just him that caused a problem." Now that your gaze has been turned to it, you notice that this switch doesn't look like the few you've seen so far in your time in the rail yard. Somehow, the iron bars that a train's wheels would run against have been bent at several places, and as you look closer you can see that parts of the steel are missing in what look suspiciously like bite marks.

McCoy goes still. "Dammit," he finally mutters after a pensive silence. "It's spreading out here." He goes quiet for another moment before shaking his head with a resigned sigh. "We don't have time to deal with that now. If we can straighten out this track we'll at least have half this yard open. I'm going to go find a Pokémon strong enough to bend these. Stay here, check the rest of the track, and make sure nothing else goes wrong." At that, McCoy turns and walks away, back towards the freight yard you were previously in.

Well, it doesn't seem to be too critical a problem - nothing immediately life-threatening at least. Still, you're here, and here to help. Perhaps there is something you could do?

The decision is yours. What will you do?

(Declared: Rowlet, Mudbray)

Last edited by Rotom310; 06-10-2017 at 08:45 PM.
Rotom310 is offline   Reply With Quote