View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 10:10 PM   #53
Brave Saix
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar View Post
Brave Saix:

With your compliment, the priestess’ face turned an even darker shade of red. She waved her hand in front of her face again, unable to say anything in her humble embarrassment.

“Well, guess I should be goin’,” Samuel Flint stood and stretched, his back cracking like an old tree. “Thanks for dinner as always, Madoka. And good luck to you kiddo, hope to see you around sometime soon.” He gathered up his things, one of which was a large woodcutting axe, and exited the cabin, closing the door gently. Madoka, finished with the dishes, gave you a slight bow and headed to her room. You took her place at the sink to rinse off your Pokemon’s helmet. The warm water flowed calmly from the sink, and you could hear the chirping of Kricketot in the distance. You placed the helmet on the drying rack, and dried your hands quickly with a dish rag before joining your Pokemon in the guest room.

The room wasn’t much, just a bunk bed and desk with a rock salt lamp on it. The lamp was turned on and emitted a soft orange glow. Julian was already curled up on the top bunk, his fluffy tail curled around himself. Jill had taken roost on the underside of the bed, hanging from it upside down. You settled on the mattress of the bottom bunk, both mentally and physically exhausted. Sleep found you quickly…

As you stirred awake, you felt something heavy on your chest. Assuming it was one of your team members, you ignored it at first. Whoever it was, they were really heavy. Like a rock.

“LARV!” Your eyes flew open at the cry. The first thing you saw was a pair of red eyes looking straight into yours. Startled, you tried to sit up, and the heavy thing on your chest jumped off, almost knocking the wind out of you. “TAR!” The small green Pokemon called as it scampered out of your room. Julian peered down from the top bunk, awoken by the commotion. Jill fluttered down from her spot on the bed to you, and she picked something up off of your chest in her small claws. It was a piece of paper.

Although you were a bit disappointed you weren’t going to get the chance to spend the day with the trial captain, you understood she had a job to do. You got you and your Pokemon ready for the day, then went to retrieve the supplies. Next to the door was a pick, some rope, and a helmet bearing what looked to be the family seal,「石」. A note was also placed on top of the gear.

Jolting upright after the Larvitar leapt away Sypher gasped for air, his face slightly tinted blue from having the weight on his chest. As Jill picked up the note on his chest her paws grazed him and a wincing pain shot through him. "Hhaaaaa.... ah ah... Yeap, that bruised the bone. Heee... Jill hand me that note." Taking the paper and unfolding it, Sypher it eyed over before crumpling it and tossing it into the waste basket. "Looks like were on our own today guy. That bein' the case, I'm gonna have to nurse this."

Sypher headed to the restroom and ran a shower. He let the hot stream focus on his chest as he massaged it. Never the less a large pair of blue, egg-shaped marks developed that when touched still stung. He dried himself, and rifled through his bag retrieving his close and a bottle of aspirin. He nudged Julian trying to wake him from his slumber. The lemur stretched and wriggled into the light passing through the window before curling back-up. "Wake up, or else I'll let Jill use your helmet today!" Sypher taunted, nudging him again this time successfully. "Good, I left it in the kitchen go get it."

Pass PAAASSHHH

The trio moved into the main portion of the cabin, Sypher and Jill headed to the equipment that Madoka had left while Julian retrieved his headpiece. Securing the rope, pick and helmet to his pack, Sypher read the second note. "Scale a cliff or go into the cavern? Well I don't have a light source and given the bruising on my chest, this is kind of a tough choice. Well I guess we'll go see our options before deciding. That sound good to you Jill?"

"NOOUUUUIII!!" she said in agreement.

"Okay, Julian come on, we're leaving!" Sypher said as he walked to open the door. As the Passimian rushed out of the cabin the trio made for the shrine.