View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 07:54 PM   #43
Jerichi
本✚能

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post
Jerichi: With the situation having seemingly escalated out of nowhere, you move to follow the frantic man, wanting to help despite the fact you weren't entirely sure that you would. However, he seemed to be certain that a trainer would be able to get the job done, and so you wait for Helen to plod after you and catch up. Just as you make to leave the temple though, Josiah reappears, frowning at your retreating figure. He shouts back at you, holding up the pair of sandals which he had left to retrieve.

"I have your sandals here, sir. Would you tell me what has happened?"

The man, on seeing Josiah, seems to become exuberant. Quickly rushing over towards Josiah, the man manages to garble out something of a story. It seems one of the local monks had gotten into trouble rescuing a local Pokemon from some sort of trap - likely put there by poachers come to the region looking for exotic specimens - but during the rescue attempt he had been attacked by some unknown entity. What- or who- ever the assailant was, they were clearly fearsome enough to have struck terror into the man and left the lost monk in quite a pickle. Josiah frowns at this revelation, before locking eyes with you, handing the sandals to you in the process.

"I am not sure how much you will be able to accomplish given I know little of your prowess as a trainer. Despite this, I must ask you to go and help my brother. I can organise for some back up - most of our brothers are not trainers, but a few of us are allowed to raise Pokemon in order to protect the temple in times of emergency. They are particularly powerful - I only ask that you manage to hold off whatever this beast is until they arrive. I feel ashamed to have to implore an outsider for assistance, but it is the only course of action I can consider in the immediate sense."
As Josiah made his proposal cum offer, Jeri slipped on the sandals so graciously offered, making a note to properly thank the monk for his kindness in the near future. He considered a possible course of action.

"Well, I'll have you know, I'm a pretty seasoned trainer. My current team is a little bit green, but I think we can handle it - just let us know what you need. Oh and, why don't we have a bit of help to get there faster."

Jeri pulled another Poké Ball off his belt and tossed it into the air. It burst open and revealed a large, long-necked creature with expansive, frond-like wings. The Tropius gave a long sigh as it drifted to the ground.

"This little guy just joined my team but I think he could help us out, right buddy?" he asked, patting the Tropius on its side, "Helen could also use a ride, I think."

He loaded the Numel onto the dinosaur's back, tipping her back and forth a bit to find the perfect spot where she won't fall.

"Just tell us where we need to be and what we need to do and we'll get there in no time flat."

Jeri admitted to himself in the back of his mind that with his relatively young (or simply just unadjusted) squad, he stood a chance at a massive and total failure, or at least some sort of disaster, but his relative arrogance had served him well in the past so... why stop now?

Member Post

Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote