View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 01:24 AM   #34
Sandaa
Yayyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Sandaa:

You nudged the man in hope he would respond. Your worried words must have done something, because the man finally coughed, and then grunted. He slowly moved, his coughing turning to hacking. "P-ple..." he began to cough uncontrollably as he tried rolling onto his side. He lay still for a moment, grabbing his chest and wincing in pain with each cough, tears welling in his eyes. "My ribs... I think they're brok-" He began coughing again, a small trickle of blood beginning to seep out of his mouth. He collected himself and breathed deeply, clutching his chest, cringing. "Okay, okay... I can do this..."

The man slowly sat up, wiping the blood off of his chin. He was completely drenched in mud from the naval down, his shirt torn at the seams. A large gash on his right forearm bled lightly, a loose piece of bloody cloth, clearly from his shirt, tied in a knot around the elbow. The man rubbed his eyes, and began coughing again, this time letting out a squeal in pain. "Oh god, it hurts... I'm sorry, please, I need help," he pleaded. "My," he sputtered, "my bag... with my Pokemon, in the Pokeballs, I’ve lost it..." He lifted his head, locking eyes with you for the first time. His demeanor turned from serious and concerned to one of fear. "It was a monster," he added.

The man sighed. "I know it's hard to believe, but what happened simply wasn't normal," he began to cough again, holding his sides. "My Pokemon..." he choked back tears. "This is all my fault. I'm one of the fools they talk about, I suppose. I just wanted to bring my daughter peace, but... I fear this is all my fault," he said, wiping away tears. "She wanted her ashes to be scattered into the sea by the other side of the mangrove wall, here in Oů les Palétuviers se Rassemblent," he muttered, trying to hold back a cough. "It was her dying wish. We used to hike out here once a year when she was a child and watch the-" he began coughing again. He was obviously in a lot of pain, and his possibly fractured ribs were most likely the cause. "We would watch the sunrise together once a year and feed bread to the schools of fish Pokemon that gathered near the surface of the sea... but that was back when I was a younger, stronger trainer, and could watch over her," he dabbed his eyes with his shirt, spreading dirt across his face. " "When she knew she wasn't long for this world, she asked to be laid to rest in the sea here. And so I granted her that wish, even though my family protested - I suppose their concerns were valid after all."

He grabbed a branch, and attempted to stand up, only to collapse back onto his knees. "The monster. I don't know what it was, but something in the sea - I must have roused something, because when I scattered her ashes, just moments later, something I had never seen before rose out of the sea and attacked me, throwing me against jagged rocks. I dropped my bag, and when I tried to retrieve it, it rose out of the ocean and blasted me with a stream of water. I blacked out after that, and I don't know what happened. I woke up and, I... I'm so dizzy..."

The man collapsed again, still alive, but unconscious. Behind him was a trail of muddy footprints, and most likely, the scent of blood. Leaving him alone in the thick of the wilderness here probably wasn't a good idea. How you choose to move forward - if you choose to move forward - is up to you.
Gary watched nervously as the man roused from unconsciousness, coughing and sputtering while holding his various injuries. His arm was bleeding and the man mentioned some broken ribs, not a good sign. The man continued to stammer about his deceased daughter’s ashes through sobs and told Gary about a monster that came out of the water and attacked him. Gary bit his lip, obviously feeling bad for the man, but was more interested in the man not pushing himself too hard with these injuries.

“My bag… My Pokemon…” the man wheezed, claiming that he lost them when the monster attacked him. “Easy, easy,” Gary replied, trying to console the man, “I’ll see what I can do about finding them; just for now take it easy and don’t stress your injuries.” His advice went in vain as the distraught man attempted to stand up with the help of a stick, only to have his legs give out and he fell back into unconsciousness. Gary was in a tough place here. He could try and help the man back to town, but without stabilizing his body he could make the injury worse. He couldn’t quite just leave the man like this either, but it might be his best bet.

The least Gary could do was pull the unconscious man out of the mud and set him in a more comfortable and secured position. He quickly called Shuri the Ninjask back into her Pokeball and pulled out another, sending out his Golduck, Kratos. “Kratos, we’re in a bit of a pinch here. Can you use your Psychic to carefully lift this man? Let’s set him down against some mangrove roots with a slight incline to support his body.” Kratos nodded and closed his eyes, the gem on his forehead glistening. Gary then looked at the muddy path before them where there were a trail of footprints. Once the man was stable, he would take a quick peek down the trail without straying too far to see if he could find the man’s belongings and be on guard for whatever might pop out.

~Fizzle Bubble~
LMN:
MI:
BR:
II:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote