Old 06-01-2017, 12:39 AM   #31
Balmund
'Munds of fun

Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Quote:
Originally Posted by 134 View Post

Le Cimetičre des Cœurs Oublié

Balmund:

A wry smile crosses the woman's delicate features, though it's difficult to say whether she's charmed by your pleasantries or amused by your boorish facade. Placing a delicate hand atop her companion's head, she considers the question, as if she cannot quite recall the answer.

"...Amelie," she says, finally, in a slow and laborious manner as if the name were wighty on her tongue. She looks to the Frosslass with a tired expression, beginning to pet her in a fond manner. "My name is Amelie, Mister Balmund. This, as I as I have mentioned, is Yuki. She is quite the darling, is she not?"

For a moment, she seems lost in her own adoration for her Pokémon, though it does not take long for her attention to return to you. "You have fine taste in Pokémon. My father insisted Ghost-types were unbecoming of a lady, but then... Father said a great deal many things."

Offering Iskra one last pet, she ushers her back to her trainer, wry smile growing more genuine. Whatever peculiarities this strange woman hides, it seems she had bonded with you in this very small way already. Pulling her coat around herself, she contrasts against the white backdrop of snow clad in the brilliant red wool, and she pulls so much focus to herself that you almost fail to notice that the mausoleum from earlier -- the one to which the letter was pinned -- no longer seems to standing to your left despite having been there only minutes ago. Amelie does not seem to notice the sudden disappearance.

"Tell me... Mister Balmund," she continues, tone airy, yet languishing. "What brings you here, tonight?"

A path has closed with the disappearance of the mausoleum, and with this Duke felt certain of at least two things. One, that the letter was indeed meant for him to find, and the other, that its content was now lost to him forever. He wondered what sort of relevance did it have with the appearance of Amelie and Yuki, if at all, though there was no point in dwelling on missed opportunities anymore. Perhaps it was best for now to try and satisfy her curiosity and see where her response would lead. Maybe it could open a window for him to shoot one or two questions of his own, and given the kind of revelations she's indirectly shared already, he had already formulated a few pointed ones of particular interest.

"My motives? I've come here because I heard the story. You know the one. The tragic tale of the two lovers. I wish to pay my respects, and I wish to learn more as well. For selfish reasons, admittedly. I'd say all I want is to mend my own aching heart, but perhaps what I really want is for it to be lost and forgotten. I'm not even sure if that's a jest... would this suffice for an answer?"

Iskra starts to giddily circle the dragon tamer, sensing the sudden swell of delicious bitterness in his chest. It was her favorite as of late. Duke tried his best to mask it, blankly staring back at the red-coated lady as he tried to guage her reaction... yet, that didn't make the emotion any less real.

::FB::WF::

Last edited by Balmund; 07-10-2017 at 02:32 PM.
Balmund is offline   Reply With Quote