Old 05-29-2017, 03:22 AM   #16
AshsBabyLapras
reason for my life

Espeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
♨ Bubbling Beach ♨

AshsBabyLapras

Skepticism and enthusiasm are the prevailing emotions among your ragtag team as the three Pokémon step foot onto the sandy beach. There are numerous Pokémon having fun in the sun or simply just relaxing - a Torkoal is splayed out on the sand, enjoying the rays, a Popplio is putting on a bubble show for a gaggle of Azurill, a flock of Wingull are dodging in and out of the waves, and a Magby and Slugma are enjoying a dip in the nearby magma pool. The Seel you saw earlier continue their playful game, batting around a ball between the two of them. It looks like quite a bit of fun!

Suddenly, however, the playful atmosphere seems to fizzle out. The Torkoal ambles away, the Popplio suddenly stops her show, scattering with the Azurill to the ocean, the Wingull fly further out to sea, and the Slugma and Magby pop beneath the surface. It doesn't take long to find the source of the interruption - a group of three Pokémon appear, sauntering down the beach. The pack is lead by a Houndour, who steps with quite a bit of swagger, followed closely by a mean-looking Corphish, who gnashes his claws menacingly. A timid little Panpour brings up the rear, but she doesn't look like she is trying quite as hard as her companions to be threatening...

The Seel have yet to notice the incoming party, realizing their mistake too late. They're taken by surprise as Corphish grabs their ball from them, mid-throw, holding it aloft in his claws. The Seel begin to panic as he squeezes it tight, looking like he's about to pop it. Before it bursts, Panpour, somewhat reluctantly, spits a Water Gun, which propels the ball past the dunes and into the hot springs. Corphish and Houndour let out sharp cackles at their mean prank, while Panpour doesn't look all too happy to be participating. The three of them continue on down the beach, looking for more trouble to stir.

The Seel both look rather distressed, chatting amongst themselves for a moment. One of them sends a glance back at Dreamer, perched on a high rock, and after what looks like a little bit of a debate, one of the Seel approaches Dreamer a little timidly, the second one coming right behind.

"Uh, um, are you an adventure team by any chance? W-would you be able to help us get our ball back? It's hard for us to go in the hot springs with our thick coats - we're much more suited to cold water, but we like to play on the beach here sometimes..."

The other Seel, clearly a little bolder, follows with, "Oh and, maybe you can help with the beach bully problem?"

It seems there is a bit of an issue with bullying on the beach - and these poor Seel have lost their favorite toy - how will the team act?
Dreamer | Sebastian | Peaches

Straight away, Dreamer eyes the Houndour with suspicion. The psychic cat doesn't like dog Pokémon too much at the best of times (though she tolerates her teammate Karma; ABL would never accept any disrespect towards her treasured starter). This one is a Dark type as well, just to add to the Espeon's immediate feeling of animosity. Mm, there's one of your kind back home, too, she says inwardly. And I can't say I'm especially fond of him, either.

The trio of newcomers to the Bubbling Beach succeed in scaring off most of the other fun-seeking Pokémon. Sebastian watches with great disapproval, but he's reluctant to dive in without fully assessing the situation. Little Peaches watches the fleeing beachgoers with curiosity, but it isn't until the Houndour and its pals pick on the Seel pair that she starts to realise the nature of the situation. Her mouth gapes with horror as the bullies threaten to destroy the beach ball, as delightfully round and colourful as it is. Though they end up merely knocking it into the distance, the Pichu gets intensely upset to see such a fine toy being taken from its owners and fat tears start to roll down her cheeks. Sebastian makes a small effort towards giving her a soothing pat on the back, but the Mudkip isn't used to dealing with such a young Pokémon and the gesture is rather awkward. Dreamer keeps her eyes fixed on the three tormentors as they saunter off, her tail flicking sharply back and forth.

Bashfully, the Seel come up to the mismatched trio of would-be adventurers. Doing the only thing she can think of, Peaches runs over to them, hugging each Seel in turn. She hiccups and wipes her eyes. "Sowwy for ball," she says, her lower lip still trembling. The baby's genuine sorrow is enough to touch even Dreamer's heart, and so the Espeon abandons her perch to get closer to the pair of pinnipeds.

"Now, now," she says, putting one paw around Peaches comfortingly. "We'll get this sorted out."

Dreamer's gentler approach towards the distressed Pichu hasn't gone unnoticed by Sebastian. Silently, he bumps the Psychic type up a notch or two in his estimation. Maybe she's not as harsh as she initially seemed?

"So what are we going to do?" he asks the team's leader.

Dreamer glances at Peaches, who's finally managed to stem the flow of tears. "I suppose we'd better retrieve that toy like we've been asked to,"
she replies.

"Ball!" adds Peaches enthusiastically.

"Mm." She nods at the toddler. "But she's too small to go splashing about in a hot spring and I just can't, so...?" Dreamer smiles sweetly at the Mudkip.

"Shouldn't be difficult," says Sebastian with a shrug. "I'll get it back for you."

With that, the Mudkip plods off the same way the ball flew. Lagging behind, Dreamer reassures the Seel. "Then we'll go and find those troublemakers."

The Espeon's eyes narrow as she mutters, "And I'll figure out exactly what to do with them."

すれ違うだけの距離が歯痒い 手を伸ばせば届きそうなのに
意味があるのなら教えて欲しい 締め付ける胸の痛みの
「イツダッテ ウソミタイ アイシタテ ノ ユメミライ」

f i z z y b u b b l e s | w i l d f u t u r e

Quote:
morningstar - Today at 12:46 PM
her whole being is Arashi

AshsBabyLapras is offline   Reply With Quote