View Single Post
Old 05-27-2017, 04:45 PM   #17
Jerichi
本✚能

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post
Jerichi: Walking barefoot, your pace somewhat reduced thanks to the slower pace of Helen as she plod alongside you, the rocky terrain surrounding the Sea Altar proves to leave the soles of your feet pettered with small marks where stones had decided to dig in for brief moments of pain. At first, your search for assistance seems to bear little fruit - despite the Sea Altar being a popular place of tourist interest due to the cultural significance of the area on the surroundings isles of Minnao, you find yourself largely alone at the site of worship. A few moments later though, a head rises in the distance, and a monk from the village slowly comes into view. His pale blue robes identified him as a follower of the Minnao faith, the serene colours reminiscent of the sea which accommodated their main beings of worship, Manaphy and Kyogre. As he drew closer, you manage to make out more of the mans features, and realise he can't be much older than yourself. His figure was stalwart, no doubt as a consequence of the manual labour the monks were well known for assisting the villagers of the area with. He stood fairly tall, but not imposingly so, with his head having been shaved of any hair as a means of worship. Noticing you, the monk walks towards you, giving a small bow of his head in greeting. Gesturing towards your sodden shoes, he stifles a small grin.

"I see you've come across some trouble there. If you think you can manage, I can take you to the nearby temple. We will be able to offer you a pair of sandals, much more accustomed for navigating the area. My name is Josiah, by the way."

The monk extends a hand intended to shake, his warm grin inviting and friendly.
"Ow, ow, ow, ow," Jeri chants rhythmically as he walks along the rocky face of the peak, pebbles and jagged edges digging into his feet with every step. He grew more and more desperate for a pair of shoes that weren't soaked. Just his luck, he thought, as his first scan of the area found it devoid of people. Helen was plodding along rather slowly, though he wouldn't have been able to outpace her much as it was.

Just when he was about ready to plop down and hope for a savior to appear, his wish was granted. A man rose from the slope, emerging in a swath of blue fabric that made him appear to rise from the sea. Jeri had heard of the friendly monks that look over the shrine, and his look and demeanor seemed nonthreatening and helpful enough. He stood in place (somewhat awkwardly) as not to further irritate his stinging feet as the monk drew near. The man approaches him, taking notice of his discalced state.

"I see you've come across some trouble there. If you think you can manage, I can take you to the nearby temple. We will be able to offer you a pair of sandals, much more accustomed for navigating the area. My name is Josiah, by the way."

The man extended a hand in greeting, which Jeri took and shook happily.

"Oh Arceus, yes, please, my feet are killing me. I'd really love to see the temple, too - I just hope you don't mind this little one plodding along with us," he says, motioning to Helen. The little Numel cocked her head, braying quietly.

Member Post

Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote