View Single Post
Old 05-27-2017, 04:13 AM   #14
AshsBabyLapras
reason for my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyoyo3131 View Post
ABL: Your offering to the Prince of the Sea sits on the stone platform. The sounds of rushing water surround you on most sides as you step away. There's a bit of peace to confronting your pain at this home to the Minnao people. From the vantage point of the Sea Altar, you can see downwards into the rest of the village that lives here. The village stands on the rocky ridges of the mountain behind you. Many houses built from wood have stilts keeping them level on the uneven ground, without disturbing the natural land. You see children playing in the rocky paths above the shallow water, chunks of silver stone rubbed smooth by erosion. You see adults carrying roots and vegetables from gardens in baskets to one another. And finally, you see an old man leaving his simple home, the one closest to the Sea Altar, decorated by the crest of the Minnao above the door frame.

The man looks out across the village much like you do, before looking up to the Sea Altar where you stand. He seems shocked for but a moment, and you're able to take in his appearance a bit more despite the distance. Most here wear simple clothes, from cloth made from cotton, and he matches the rest. The addition of a light blue scarf, stretching across the back of his neck and straight down his sides is noticeable enough. His skin is tan like most Minnao people, and he walks with a wooden staff. He takes a few steps off of the balcony of his home, and starts up the stairs towards you.

His ascent is slow going. He takes steps one at a time, nudging whatever pebbles had landed on the steps to either side, back into the water. Once he makes it to half way up the steps, he takes a bit longer and gives a wave to you and a smile. You can't help but feel that this man is important, yet he stays so friendly.

Once he reaches only a few steps away from you, he speaks in a gentle voice. "Welcome, ma'am. It's a pleasure to have you here." He says, reaching the platform you stand on. He seems a few inches shorter, but it could be the slight hunch to his back. "My name is Holai. Are you lost? We don't see many people like yo-" He begins to say, before seeing the small gift sitting at the altar. His eyes flick to yours, still a bit red. "Or perhaps, you were meant to be here." He smiles, his wrinkled face showing deep pride in you. "Would you like to come in for tea? I'm expecting a visitor, but the more the merrier, as they say." He asks, extending his hand outwards to the side. What will you do?
OOC: Thanks for the update and the welcome, Toy! Glad to be here!

ABL takes in the sights around the humble village; everyone seems to be leading an industrious but peaceful life here. It's very calming just to watch them going about their daily business. It's with fascination that ABL notices that their culture and customs, relatively exotic to her, must be all too familiar to these villagers. Probably mundane to some of them, even. Briefly, she allows herself to wonder if life here could be so wholesome, so tranquil as it seems to her fresh eyes. The grass does so often seem to be greener...

Before she can give the subject any more consideration, ABL spots an elderly gentleman approaching the altar. He's walking slowly with a staff - does that mean he has difficulty moving? She decides it's better to not make that assumption. Perhaps the staff is purely ceremonial in its use, and perhaps this man moves slowly because he has patience and wisdom. He clears the steps so deliberately and with such care that the young woman can't help but feel moved.

It isn't until the gentleman waves in greeting that ABL realises she must have been more or less staring as he's made his way towards her. She inwardly reprimands herself for being so impolite. She's unable to think of a way to excuse herself before the stranger speaks to her directly, much to her embarrassment.

"That's, ah, very kind of you," she replies, hoping he didn't pick up on her slight stammer. "Please just call me ABL. It's a pleasure to meet you."

She bows briefly to Holai, not really knowing what the proper etiquette is in this situation and trying to err on the side of being respectful. ABL gestures to the Espeon beside her and adds "Oh, and this is Dreamer. Tea would be lovely, thank you so much. Are you... certain we wouldn't be intruding? I'd hate to be a bother."

すれ違うだけの距離が歯痒い 手を伸ばせば届きそうなのに
意味があるのなら教えて欲しい 締め付ける胸の痛みの
「イツダッテ ウソミタイ アイシタテ ノ ユメミライ」

f i z z y b u b b l e s | w i l d f u t u r e

Quote:
morningstar - Today at 12:46 PM
her whole being is Arashi

AshsBabyLapras is offline   Reply With Quote