View Single Post
Old 05-21-2017, 09:52 AM   #5
Connor
Who Knows?

Brave Saix: After the brief kerfuffle on the beach, you find yourself standing before the bulletin board with Jill hovering at your shoulder. Scanning over the posted jobs, most of them seemed to be pretty mundane and uninteresting - take readings here, pick this up for me, make sure this gets delivered. They were all simple jobs with simple pay, but two in particular abruptly stood out to you as a little more than that.

Quote:
Dear TRAINERS,

I work on the Alloy Atoll, with my primary field of research being the numerous curses and fancies of the Mint isles. I wish for trainers to travel to these islands, accompanied by a guide which I will provide, and see if they can aid with the collection of data and research material. The guide and travel costs will be covered by our organisation, and any successful findings will be handsomely paid for.
Quote:
Hi there! Mainly looking for some trainers who can help me travel to Cordina's Peak. My main focus of interest here is in the religion which has pervaded the Isles for generations. I want to have a little dig around their religious site - with clearance, of course - and see if I can figure out some of the intricacies of the local beliefs. Pay will be reasonable, and any physical findings which aren't of scientific importance will be added to your payment. Meet me at the Atoll and we can get on our way.
Both jobs involved some sort of travel, and both seemed like they would reap fairly significant reward. Jill simply turns her eyes towards you, curious to see which you would choose - if any. There were, of course, other listings on the board if neither took your fancy.

TheKnightsFury: Walking along the shore of the lake towards the small shack with Jormungand happily swimming alongside, you find yourself admiring the natural beauty of the area for a moment. The place was almost picturesque, lush verdant fields framing the still clear waters of the lake itself. The pleasant warmth of the sun overhead only managed to add to the serene sense of beauty, but you soon find yourself standing before the shack. Taking yourself out of your trance, and leaving Jormungand to splash in the waters of the lake edge, you walk up to the door of the shack, intending to knock at the wooden door ...

Only for it to swing wide open before your knuckles could meet the hardwood. Standing before you was a man who was large in every sense of the word. Tall and a little round, he wore what was an all too obvious fisherman's attire. A pair of vibrant green wading trousers hung slack from his shoulders, a wide brimmed reed hat perched on his head. Over on shoulder he had slung his fishing rod, and three Poke Balls nested on his belt. His brown hair was more obvious in his large beard that he wore, flecks of grey here and there betraying his age somewhat. The man just barely notices you standing there before leaving his shack, managing to stop himself from bowling into you with a deep, lively laugh.

"Nearly missed ye there laddie! What can I be doing for you eh? Looking for some o' the prime fishin' spots?"
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote