Thread: FB Job Bureau
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2017, 12:08 AM   #4
Rotom310
Boulder Badge

Placed prominently amongst the job listings, a large advertisement hangs. Minimalist, the ad only contains two colors: black and white. Across the bottom of the page a black cityscape stretches out, windows sparsely whited out as if lit up in the night. Floating in the white "sky" of the image, a large "New Fizz City: Updaters Requested" catches the eye of all passing by. Beneath the letters, the ad goes on to list the job description and requirements, finishing in a simple "To schedule an interview, please contact mayoral aide Yvonne Lalune" under which a phone number rests. Will you call? Could this be the job for you?

New Fizz City: Updaters Requested

Hello! As the ad said, I'm looking for updaters for the city. Given the current adventure limit I'd say I'm looking for 2-3 updaters in addition to myself, at least until we see how activity distributes across the zones. In terms of picking up people, I plan on picking up 3 or 4 myself (updating at least 3-4 times a month per person), and I'd like any updaters in my zone to try to match me at the least. Honestly though, I just want everyone to have fun here so if you know you can only update a couple of people that's not some hard restriction or anything especially in this zone launching phase. In that same vein of just wanting to have fun, other than really the general area names/themes and a total of two NPCs (the mayor and the aide mentioned above), I don't have any established background or anything for this zone. I said this a couple of times already I think, but this zone was designed to give a lot of freedom in its worldbuilding to the updaters. Explore and build this city however you'd like as long as everyone's having a good time. Consequently, adventure length would likely vary, which I am fine with. I originally said ideally quick to normal length adventures, but with Toy's zone having been chosen that is less of a concern/priority and works perfectly with everything else.

So! That all being said, to apply here all I'd like to see is two things: an update to the "intro post" below with whatever loose outline for plot/rewards/etc. you'd make for the adventure, and then just why you'd want to update here. The update would need to be an actual update, but everything else doesn't have to be terribly involved or overly specific.

Intro:
Spoiler: show
Quote:
The Municipal Plaza: Located right at the heart of the city, the Municipal Plaza holds many of the buildings necessary for a city to run, among them the main Municipal Building – home to the Mayor of New Fizz City, Jules Brown – and the central police headquarters. Additionally, at the center of the plaza is the Fizzygarden Park, a popular gathering point among trainers and tourists alike. Like much of the city urban Pokémon are common, though in the Park a much larger variety is also found.
Surrounded by high rises, Lucy should’ve felt claustrophobic. A country girl by birth, born and raised in open fields with lines of sight as far as the eye could see, she should’ve felt constricted by this fullness of the city. Of this ever-present crowd and compactness of all the buildings. She should, but she didn’t. For possibly the first time, she felt at ease.

On vacation to the city, for the moment at least, Lucy had ventured here to give city-living a try – to get a feel for the city before committing to anything more permanent, since before this she’d never been. A writer by trade, location had never really been a factor in her career. No, as long as she had a muse to work with, she’d been content wherever; wherever, in this case, being her old hometown. That had been fine for years, if never quite what Lucy had been thinking of when she’d finished school. Recently, though, she seemed to be doing everything by rote. Her muse had shriveled up. So, deciding a change of scenery was just the cure, here she found herself in New Fizz City.

Presently, Lucy found herself in Fizzygarden Park, resting while her Lillipup, Mike, had a good time playing and exercising. He’d been cooped up first in his Pokeball, then later her room for so long she just couldn’t say no to his little doggy face when he begged to go out. Still, after an hour of play, they’d been out long enough. She stood up from the bench, stretching out her back as she did while her hands reached back to secure the long ponytail she’d drawn her light blonde hair into. Turning to the last place she’d seen her pooch, she drew her hand to her mouth for a shrill whistle.

A moment passed in quiet, and then a loud bark from behind was the only warning she got. Lucy barely turned around before a brown shape lunged into her arms. It was only by a stroke of luck that the woman didn’t lose her balance and fall back onto the stone pathway. Arms instinctively cradling the small dog, Lucy should’ve been angrier, but it was hard to be too mad with an excited little pup licking your face. With a laugh, she stopped the dog and set him down with a scratch behind his ears.

“Come on, you silly pup, you,” she chuckled as she clipped on his leash. “It’s time to head back to our hotel.”

Notes:
No specific adventure length has been requested.

According to the member post, the only Pokemon Lucy has is her level 14 Lillipup, Mike. It also says much the same as the exposition above. Lucy is a writer, mostly fiction of various genres, and has not travelled much outside her hometown. In fact, this is her first adventure. Her Memamyu consists of Pokemon like Aipom, Teddiursa, Cutiefly; mostly normal-types or small, cute things. Her Emakiss, meanwhile, does not have much: just a general wish for Z-crystals, TMs/Custom TMs, and Level Balls.

The user behind Lucy similarly loves literature and writing, in particular those of mystery and sci-fi genres. Otherwise, you don't really know much about them; they don't go on Discord, and don't talk about themselves much outside of Fizzy Bubbles things in threads like the TO.
Rotom310 is offline   Reply With Quote