View Single Post
Old 05-13-2017, 02:18 PM   #17
CyberBlastoise
Purrfect couple

RP stuff:
Spoiler: show

The Arcane Realm. A place of mystery and wonder, so mysterious, in fact, that you can only visit it once. Anytime anyone tried to find it again, they would never be able to locate it, even if they went to the same exact spot where they entered in from. And it was the mystery that drew Bill into wanting to research it even more, especially that place where he had first met Swift, his now-Lumineon, the Ocean of Mystery. Every time he got a lead, he thought he could chase it only to have his hopes dashed. Even Swift, who once lived in the ocean couldn’t seem to locate it. Bill wasn’t anything if not persistent. He would find it, or die trying.

One day, in a Pokemon Center, he saw someone who he thought he’d never see again, an elderly woman, one that was very familiar to Bill. She, like Swift, was from the ocean itself, or rather she lived on the cove. She was an elderly woman clothed in simple albeit culturally outdated robes. One look at him put a smile on her face. “Ah, it’s been ages, Mr. Darius.”

This caused Bill to just stare and blink. For all he knew, he never actually gave the woman his last name. He wasn’t even sure if he gave her his first. But he shook his head and replied, “It’s nice to see you too, Ms…?”

“Don’t worry about my name,” she said, a pinch of laughter in her voice. “This is about you. From what I understand you wish to see my domain once again.”

Bill just gave an approving nod. “There are so many mysteries surrounding it. I need to know.”

“Knowledge is powerful that is true, but it also costs…a lot. The Arcane Realm, as you know it as, is a place of new beginnings. It cannot be found, it will show itself to those who are about…to begin.” That pause was very effective on Bill. He was downtrodden, unsure of what to make of the information. “I’m sorry you had to find out this way, but it is best that you do not find it, lest the consequences last.”

With that, she departed from the Pokemon Center, Bill ran out after her, but when he looked outside, there was nary a soul outside. He ran around the building to see if she might’ve went behind it as a practical joke, but there was no one there either. What he did see behind the center was interesting, a very familiar looking abandoned power plant. In fact, it looked almost exactly like the one in….. “The Ocean of Mystery” departed from Bill’s lips.

He ran down towards the plant as fast as he could. It appeared as though that woman was wrong. He was able to find it, though, he wondered why he hadn’t noticed it sooner. He should have, after all, it was a sizable building. Actually, what was weirder was the fact that he didn’t remember the ocean behind the center either. However, his excitement overrode these concerns.

Grabbing one of the six Pokeballs from his belt, he called out, “Swift, I choose you.”

A glowing blue light shined from the ball, and within the water nearby, a large blue butterfly fish materialized. “Lumi,” it seemed to always have a scowl on its face, but this time it was even scowlier…scowlier? more scowlie? Whatever the proper word was, it looked less than enthused to be here.
“Lumi, Lumi Lumi” it called out, obviously scolded its trainer.

“I know I know,” Bill responded, his hands in a calming gesture. “Look, let’s just go into the ocean, see if we can find anything, then leave. We’ll be in and out before you know it.”

Suddenly another one of his Pokeballs lit up to reveal a large turtle. “Blaaaastoise” it cried out.

The two Pokemon exchanged what appeared to be angry scolding from the Lumineon and a more hearty laughter from the Blastoise. Eventually, the Lumineon conceded giving a gesture that just read “don’t say I didn’t warn you.”

“Thanks, Silver.” Quickly, Bill donned his usual scuba gear. It was a bit snug, but this water-proof costume has seen its fair share of adventures. After he placed his mask on his face, he jumped into the water and held onto the Lumineon, as it, and the Blastoise dived into the depths.

Unbeknownst to the trio, storm clouds gathered above head. As they reached the ocean floor, Bill noted what looked to be an underwater cave. Curiosity suddenly filled the young trainer’s mind as he used hand signals to guide his two partners at the cave itself. As he approached the cave, the tides began to shift pulling and pushing the three. It was unlike anything that any of them had ever felt. The forces pulled all three into the cave, Bill noticed that all of his items that he had taken with him started to loosen from their secured areas, especially the Pokeballs. He quickly reached out to grab them but he only managed to grab one as the others violently went towards the open ocean, while he was being forced into the cave. Something hard hit Bill on his back, it felt like a rocky cave floor but the impact was enough to cause his body to go numb.

He felt himself being tugged by his two Pokemon and they tried to force themselves through this torrent. They eventually made it back to a shore, though it was obviously far far away from their initial place. Bill kept thinking about the Pokemon that was washed away. He wanted to go back, and find them, but he was so tired, he fell asleep on the beach that he lay.

Eventually, he awoke from that same spot, and said “Silver? Swift?” He looked around. He found a swimming blue Pokemon at the coastline of the ocean and a brown bump under the sand. He approached the brown bump first and said “Silver, we need to get up. Some of the-“

Suddenly, a Squirtle jumped out from where the lump was. “Squirtle Squirt” it told Bill very enthusiastically. It was as jovial as Silver, but….that couldn’t be right. Silver was a Blastoise, a fully evolved Pokemon.

“S-Silver?” Bill’s eyes wide with surprise.

“Squirt!” it replied with a nod. Suddenly, it seemed to realize how much its trainer was towering over it. It tilted its head in confusion. Noticing the same confused expression on Bill’s face, the Squirtle rushed to the ocean to look at its reflection. “SQUIRT!” It exclaimed in shock and horror. It looked at its own arms and legs as though in complete denial.

“Finneon” the fish Pokemon swimming nearby. It had the same scowl as Swift.

“Swift?” Bill gave with the same confused tone.

The Finneon gave Bill a look at just said “of course it’s me, idiot.”

“Squirtle Squirt!” Silver said, pointing at the Finneon.

Again, the two exchanged dialogue before it appeared as though Swift, like Silver, realized it too is now in its unevolved state.

That’s when Bill remembered the Pokeball in his hand. He wondered if the Pokemon in it had devolved as well. “I choose you…whoever you are!”

Bill’s Golett, Megas, appeared before the three. That wouldn’t do much good, Megas was already a Golett. Had all of his Pokemon devolved? It wasn’t long before he learned that the ocean they were at was no longer the Ocean of Mystery. He also found out that all his other Pokemon in the PC just disappeared from the Pokemon database, as though they never existed. What was going on? Nothing seemed to make sense in Bill’s mind until the woman’s words echoed in his mind. The Arcane realm is a place of beginnings. Like it or not, Bill was back to almost square one, he fortunately was able to keep three of his Pokemon, even if they did revert to their level 5 selves. Soon, he would have to find the ocean again and maybe find an answer once and for all.

------
Dropping the following Pokemon into the adoption center:
Kabuto (f)
Maractus (m)
Carvanha (m)
Qwilfish (f)
Deerling (f)
Woobat (f)
Swablu (f)
Lotad (m)
Duskull (m)
Joltik (f)
Bergmite (m)
Slowpoke (m)
Koffing (f)

In addition resetting the following Pokemon
Blastoise to Lv. 5 Squirtle with all non-level up moves removed
Lumineon to Lv. 5 Finneon with all non-level up moves removed
Golett to Lv. 5 with all non-level up moves removed.

I am also doing an item reset and will be picking up a new starter pack.

EDIT: so undoing one part of my item reset. My coins which numbers at 439,081 coins. This has already been Mod approved.

Fizzy Bubbles

PASBL

Last edited by CyberBlastoise; 05-18-2017 at 08:51 PM.
CyberBlastoise is offline   Reply With Quote