View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 01:52 PM   #71
Brave Saix
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Marshal's Headquarters

Brave Saix - Despite the intimidating, maximum security type aesthetic of the outside of the building, upon stepping into the headquarters, the sad state of affairs of the downtrodden police force became immediately apparent. A half-broken, flickering fluorescent light fixture dangled from the ceiling. At least four security cameras hung from cracked drywall, fixated directly on the entryway, but it was hard to say whether or not they even functioned. Sitting several feet in front of you was a rather defeated looking receptionist. He was situated at a wooden desk between a counter where a protective window once stood, and a large, barred, plexiglass window that allowed guests a view into the office space. The dimly lit room was filled with desks, but only half of them were filled. A few of the empty desks had wilted flowers resting in coffee mugs next to what looked to be family portraits. Others were covered in file folders and loose documents. Half of the floor looked to be covered in blank paper, much of it crumpled and torn. A few rugged, weathered detectives, not in uniform, were hunched over their desks smoking cigarettes and concentrating intensely.

The receptionist looked up at you and sighed. The bags under his eyes indicated that he most likely hadn't slept in days. He took a sip from his (probably cold) coffee. "I'm assuming you're both here for a job..." He stared daggers, as though he were looking at dead men walking. "You don't even need to answer. I've seen it all before. Yes... trainers just like you. They come to help the cause, they come for money, they come for justice, they come for the sense of self-importance and heroism. Many of them take the highest level offerings, and many never return. I wonder why you've come? It doesn't matter. It was rhetorical." The receptionist took another sip from his coffee. "Regardless, we won't turn down help when it's offered. Our officers - what remains of them, anyway - are overworked as is. We have a few investigations that need to be addressed yesterday, but we simply don't have the time, money, or manpower to take care of all of this city's overwhelming problems."

The receptionist opens a drawer, pulls out a clipboard, and sets it down on the counter. "Here, a small sampling of what we have available."

There were four options.

"Please note these cases are FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE. So. Are you in or are you out?"

The receptionist looks at the three of you impatiently...
Standing to the left of the trio as they looked over the provided list, Sypher mulled over his options in his head. "Disappearing vandals, predatory theft, illegal gambling. Those sound doable. Now what's this last on say?" Spyher's eye widened at the sudden jump in severity. Hectically, he spoke to the receptionist "This is a lot worse than I thought... Are there any hostages? Do they show any sign of escalating? You guys, I think we should prioritize helping out on this one... guys?"

Looking to his right, he saw that the others had already made their choices. They had taken the first and third options on the list, leaving only the occupation and theft to be dealt with. "I honestly doubt me and Jill could deal with the nightclub alone. Maybe we should just take the easier job. No one can fault us for that, can they?" Looking back to the receptionist, "I'll see to... to the... to the petty..."

"SCREE!!!" Sypher was cut off mid sentence as Jill tackles and clung to his face. She had noticed the reservation that had infected her partner.

"Yes, Jill?" Sypher asked as she remained clinging to his face.

"Noi no noiba?"

"No, nothings wrong... why do you ask?"

"Bat noi noi!"

Caving to her prods, "You can tell, huh? I know that its probably just worry, but the though that there could be people and Pokémon being held like that. For what insurance purposes? I just can't let that go. But then there's the Tyrogue that HAS been taken. I just don't know what to do."

"Noibat."

"You're right." Taking a breath he said "I'LL BE GO TO THE NIGHTCLUB!" as he turned to the receptionist with Jill still covering his face. "But I'm definitely going to need some help and all the intel you can give me."