View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 08:14 PM   #58
Balmund
'Munds of fun

Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Marshal's Headquarters

Balmund AND Brave Saix AND TheKnightsFury - Despite the intimidating, maximum security type aesthetic of the outside of the building, upon stepping into the headquarters, the sad state of affairs of the downtrodden police force became immediately apparent. A half-broken, flickering fluorescent light fixture dangled from the ceiling. At least four security cameras hung from cracked drywall, fixated directly on the entryway, but it was hard to say whether or not they even functioned. Sitting several feet in front of you was a rather defeated looking receptionist. He was situated at a wooden desk between a counter where a protective window once stood, and a large, barred, plexiglass window that allowed guests a view into the office space. The dimly lit room was filled with desks, but only half of them were filled. A few of the empty desks had wilted flowers resting in coffee mugs next to what looked to be family portraits. Others were covered in file folders and loose documents. Half of the floor looked to be covered in blank paper, much of it crumpled and torn. A few rugged, weathered detectives, not in uniform, were hunched over their desks smoking cigarettes and concentrating intensely.

The receptionist looked up at you and sighed. The bags under his eyes indicated that he most likely hadn't slept in days. He took a sip from his (probably cold) coffee. "I'm assuming you're both here for a job..." He stared daggers, as though he were looking at dead men walking. "You don't even need to answer. I've seen it all before. Yes... trainers just like you. They come to help the cause, they come for money, they come for justice, they come for the sense of self-importance and heroism. Many of them take the highest level offerings, and many never return. I wonder why you've come? It doesn't matter. It was rhetorical." The receptionist took another sip from his coffee. "Regardless, we won't turn down help when it's offered. Our officers - what remains of them, anyway - are overworked as is. We have a few investigations that need to be addressed yesterday, but we simply don't have the time, money, or manpower to take care of all of this city's overwhelming problems."

The receptionist opens a drawer, pulls out a clipboard, and sets it down on the counter. "Here, a small sampling of what we have available."

There were four options.

"Please note these cases are FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE. So. Are you in or are you out?"

The receptionist looks at both of you impatiently...
"Heh, you guys must be really desperate if you're handing cases like these to anyone. Like shooting into the dark and hoping to get a lucky hit. I was expecting some kind of filter to be honest. You're gonna get some poor child killed one of these days if you haven't already. That said, I guess if some fool indeed bites on more than he could chew... well, I guess he was asking for it." Duke casually jabs as he reviewed the samples on the clipboard, not really bothering to see if he had offended the officer in the process. His eyes were focused in particular on the two higher leveled ones. Both cases were essentially infiltration missions which required identification of key components within the given operation in order to dismantle it completely. Given that both where run by shell members, Duke figured that one was possibly in direct relationship with the other, and he had the gut feeling that the Nightclub was being taken as a base of operations in order to run the gang's activity throughout the entire sector. Granted, a lot of the information was lacking, but perhaps if he could gather more intel on his own he could better plan a coordinated group attack against the heart of the beast. For now, however, he had a key advantage he could exploit in his favor, and one that was best taken advantage of as soon as possible: he was an outsider, brand new to the place. This alone would make it easier for him blend in anywhere without raising suspicion, and thus, he thought it best to take on ring of underground pokémon battles while he had the chance, perhaps by taking on the role of a gambler or a fighter himself while he got to know the inner workings of the place.

"Speaking of asking for trouble by the way, I will accept the case of illegal pokémon gambling north of here. My name is Balmund of Blackthorn City, but you can just call me a simple fool. Any more details concerning this mission would be greatly appreciated."

::FB::WF::

Last edited by Balmund; 05-10-2017 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Changed my mind about my first choice of mission.
Balmund is offline   Reply With Quote