View Single Post
Old 05-06-2017, 07:14 PM   #20
Raves
...try a little harder.

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
All this lack of reply depended on the future being now.

OOC: Given the lengthy timespan between updates and evos in the team, for reference this storyline takes place between Halloween 2016 and the visit to Phantom Isle. As a result, Golestandt will be considered a Golurk, while Paine remains a Gothorita. Nevertheless, the fact the rooms are high enough to support an almost-14 foot tall goliath says something. And since gen 7 has now been confirmed...

IC:

Floor 4: The Battleground.

Alex merely gave a knowing wink at Keith's note of borrowing the Banette's Revenge for messing with the Rockets, well aware that even the most foolhardy of them would dare not mess with the spire. On the trainer's impression at the battleground, Alex was only too glad to lead the way, when the elevator's opening and the appearance of a Dusknoir caught his attention, Alex frowning.

"So it seems. That's another evolution I missed seeing there," he sighed.

"It was those bloody cats again, except one of them got a bit bigger and fiercer. Nothing I couldn't handle, however." Lapis hummed in response, still getting used to floating around once more. "At least you were present when Gol evolved and ended up becoming too big for the doors..."

"Yeah, we've still got a couple of those to sort out. Distractions aside Keith, shall we?"

As Alex and Keith entered, the Dusknoir was introduced to Melittin, the Beedrill's matter-of-fact tone causing the Gripper to give a small chuckle, a sound like falling tombstones emerging.

"I like your no bullshit attitude, Melittin. The name is Lapis, the Gothorita here is Paine - she lacks the ability to speak, even through telepathy - while the lump of fur over there," gesturing to the shadow pokemon who idly picked at her tail, "is Totsuka. As you see, shadow pokemon. Unlike most, she makes a Slakoth look proactive."

"It's not laziness, it's the unwillingness to contribute to society," the Zangoose grumbled, before returning to her position of lounging.

-----

As the sparring match between Harpe and Isaac continued, the ground type decided to try something slightly different. Lowering his head, the Cubone began to make a slow rush to the Aipom, the chimp opting to forego an evasive strategy in order to capitalise on the headbutt, bracing into the ground for a megaton kick that would surely stun. As she swung forward, the Cubone smirked, skull taking an iron hue as the pair collided, the steel energy overcoming the mega kick and taking Harpe by surprise as she was flung backwards. Isaac gave a grunt, shaking his head to reduce the recoil as Alex and Keith entered the battleground.

"Mind yourself there, Harpe! Force won't necessarily work on a defensive fighter, look for a weak spot." Alex called, the Aipom giving a thumbs up with her tail.

"Ah, that reminds me of how my first proper fight under Alex went..." the Infernape sighed happily to the Sneasel, relaxed despite the actoin before him.

"Back when he was still a Chim-caw, he did battle against a Lunatone, and ac-caw-plished a surprise victory by blinding it with attacks. Said Lunatone holds no grudge, and is one of our esteemed caw-panions," Fragarath explained to Lenny in simplified terms. "Nuhu-caw's eyesight is fine, however."

Ducking under a barrage of hidden power orbs, Harpe watched and waited for Isaac to let up, having formulated a counteractive plan. As the Cubone finished, she acrobatically hopped over him, and with one forceful swing of her tail struck the back of his head with a blow like a brick thrown. Launched forward, the Cubone could only land face first, as a horrible cracking sound silenced the murmuring.

"GAH!"

Clutching his skull, the Cubone lifted one hand away to discover a crimson smear on the limb, the Aipom's confident smirk suddenly wiped.

"Oh crap, that's not good...looks like his skull's broken from the impact. Mjolnir, get Paine through here fast..." Alex barked, legitimately concerned for the ground type. "This ain't the first time his skull's been in danger, Keith, last time it was some stupid rocket who ended up getting folded in two when Tantalia evolved to Gurdurr."

Running to her sparring partner, the Aipom was on the verge of tears when the Cubone's eyes rolled over to face hers, the Cubone gritting teeth through the cracked skull, before nudging her back as he stood on his two feet, waving at Alex as the ground type seemed to be...slowly changing colour?

"I...I'm pretty sure Cubone don't learn Camoflage, unless...ah, it's time then." the trainer grinned, folding arms as the ground type began to glow, a sure sign of evolution. Alex's grin swiftly sank into confusion, though, as instead of a blueish hue, the glow of evolution seemed to be green.

"Wait, what?"

As the Cubone was engulfed, Harpe took a step back as people and pokemon watched as the pokemon's size grew and took shape differently from an expected Marowak, with a thinner, more streamlined belly, sharper looking skull and a thinner, longer bone. By the time the process finished and the glow faded, there was a definite Marowak. HOwever, this one was a distinct purple hue with dark grey bonelike markings on the back. The skull seemed to have a mark on it too between the eyes, while the slender bone, with a twirl, had both ends burst into an ethereal blue fire. Immediately, the Marowak whirled round and struck the surprised Aipom with the bone, cloaked in a shadowy energy, pushing her back a foot but otherwise mostly unharmed.

"Wh-what the...that's definitely a Marowak, though not like any I've seen..." Alex stammered before composing himself. "Wait, I think I might know...some pokemon in different environments can evolve, like Eevee, but there's a couple of other pokemon in tropical climates like here which draw upon their surroundings during evolution, drastically changing them. That move Isaac just used right now, I'm sure that was a ghost move."

"Wh-wh-whaaa..." Harpe whimpered, clearly shocked by the surprise evolution as Nothung nodded.

"This was a while coming, zac. How's it feel being, well, whatever that Marowak body is?"

"One sec, sore head...feels funny, quite warm but cool. Think more ghost and fire than ground. Interesting," the Bone Keeper responded before flexing his limbs and beginning to twirl his bone around, almost in a fluid dance motion. "Nimble, can get used to this..."

-----

With the Weedle and extremely tall Golurk (with Hermione about the size of a finger on him) the colossus was only too eager to reply to the curious bug's second question and musings.

"THE BEASTS AND WYRM WOULD LIKELY HAVE BEEN THE SUBJECTS KYOGRE, GROUDON AND RAYQUAZA, ON ACCOUNT OF CONCEIVED APPEARANCE. THE SUN BEAST WAS INDEED A RED BIPEDAL FIGURE, WITH VEINS OF LAVA AND INTENSE HEAT. THE RAIN BEAST, A GREAT FISHLIKE BEAST WITH CLAWS AND RIBBONED TAIL, GLOWING WITH BRIGHT RUNES AND LUMINANT SPOTS. THE WYRM ALSO POSSESSED A FORM THAT DIFFERED FROM THE KNOWN PHYSICAL APPEARANCE, WITH EQUALLY LUMINANT RUNES, PROTRUSIONS FROM THE JAWS, ANTENNAE OF UNKNOWN ORIGIN AND LUMINESCENCE THROUGH THE TAIL."

"WHILE IT IS UNKNOWN IF THE ULTIMATE TECHNIQUES WERE THE PROPOSED ORIGIN PULSE AND PRECIPICE BLADES, EVIDENCE THROUGH SCRIPTURES SUGGEST THIS TO BE THE CASE."

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is online now   Reply With Quote