View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 09:48 AM   #2
Real proud to present.

Tate clasped both hands together, and prayed; the Johto native didn't know much about the mythos of the Wish Pokémon, but it seemed only appropriate to pay respects to Jirachi, given that the temple was one in its honor.

"I want a family," said the Johto native, earnestly. "I don't have one where I come from. I don't have one where I go. I'd like to make one. Celebi -- Jirachi -- please, help me make it so."

The ema clutched in hand was covered in charcoal scribbles. Not the most adept artist, especially with such a primitive set of tools, it barely looked like what it was meant to represent: a family. Dozens of Pokémon, some of which Tate knew and some of which Tate had never met, were clustered all over the wooden board in crude simile. When Tate's eyes were closed, this was the image that came to mind; this was the image of a family in the heart of the lonesome trainer.

(♀) (♀) (♀) (e) (♀) (♀) (♀) (♀) (♀) (♀) (♀) (♀)

(♀) (♀) (♂) (?) (?) (?) (?) (?) (?) (?) (?) (?)

(♀) (♀) (♀) (e) (♀) (♀) (♀) (♀) (♀) (♀) (e) (♂)

(♀) (♀) (e) (♀) (♀) (♀) (♀) (♀) (♀) (♀) (♂) (♀)

STRIKETHROUGH = OWNED

Tate also prayed for the fledgling career being built, and all the birds the young trainer hoped to see, as well as those already known and dear to the heart of the Johto native. If Tate could come to know them all, figured the would-be Bird Keeper, Tate might also know happiness:

(♀) (♀) (♀) (♀) (♀) (-) (-) (-) (♀) (♀) (♀) (♀)

(♀) (-) (-) (♀) (♀) (♀) (♀) (♀) (♀) (♀) (-) (♂)

(e) (♀) (♂) (♀) (♀) (♀) (♀) (♀) (♀) (♀) (♀) (♀)

STRIKETHROUGH = OWNED

"Oh -- and grant the wishes of my Pokémon, too," Tate amended, in closing. With the second board gifted by the Gardevoir, Tate jotted down a short list of items which the Pokémon under the ecology student's care longed for. The handwriting was slow and methodical, in an attempt at legibility. "Alola, thank you."

01. Damp Rock for Kahakai.
02. Sun Stone for Pakalōlō.
03. Polka Dot Bow for Makamae.
04. Normalium Z for Haawi.
05. Decidium Z for Uhane.

Last edited by 134; 09-05-2017 at 10:37 AM.
134 is offline   Reply With Quote