View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 03:57 PM   #21
Heather
Know when to hold 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
As Austin started to wander, he heard a voice behind him. Turning around, he sees a girl in green and gray yell at him. Another voice then speaks from his previous direction, telling him that he was trespassing. Tilting his head back, he saw another girl in a green, dirty dress. They were exactly what he was looking for, the Ribs. Normally someone would condemn someone for joining a gang at an age so young, but there is always reasons for them to do so. He didn't know their story, but they seemed hostile towards him. That wasn't any way to treat a newcomer. At least what he wanted came to him first.

"Why should I come with you? Am I going to get punished? Tortured?" He sneered, chuckling a bit at the thought. He had gotten a lot more snarky in the past year. Anyone would when dealing with Marie. Speaking of the Gengar, he clutched her ball in his pocket. Wisp's was in the other pocket, and he had quick enough fingers to get both out if things started to turn ugly.

"Relax relax. I was looking for you guys anyways. You see I've heard about you guys. Somethings good, somethings bad. A lot of people compare you to Alola's Team Skull. And knowing anything about them, they treat each other like family. I don't want to fight, okay? I'd like to join. So if we could drop the hostilities and if you two could please take me to whoever is in charge, that'd be great," he responded in a much more calm, welcoming tone. It's always hard with people... But he had no one now. They were all gone...
Your quick, calculated response catches the girls off guard. Perhaps they weren't accustomed to anything but fearful submission from their targets, or maybe brave but foolhardy resistance. Either way, it would seem you've gone off their script, and you seize the opportunity to extend your offer to join. If you could just get to the leader, there wouldn't be a need for a bunch of nonsense, right?

The first girl hears your comparison of the Ribs to Team Skull and snorts. She makes a mockery of the Team Skull pose, before making a crude imitation of their manner of speech.

"Yo, yo, check it, I'm Team Skull and I can't even beat a tiny Diglett, cause I'm a big dummy like the rest of us!" she says, before both her and her friend double over in laughter. Apparently, this is a Rib injoke of sorts. Perhaps you ought to watch your comparisons in the future. When they finally calm down, the other girl pipes up.

"Sure, we run like family, but we're not a bunch of weaklings like those numb Skulls. If you wanna join up, you gotta show us that you're tough enough to make it here on the streets of the Ridge and beat the Shells right outta town! You know what that means!" she says, clicking the release of her Poké Ball, a Yamask materializing in front of her. Its golden mask is covered in dings and scrapes. The face on it is missing an eye, the mold of a large gash going over it instead. It's said a Yamask's mask resembles the face of who the Yamask was in life, and it would seem this Yamask had had some grisly experiences before it kicked the bucket.

"And don't think it's just her you're fighting!" the first girl pipes up again, doing the same with her own Poké Ball, a Carvanha leaping out from it, jaws snapping, a fierce glare in its eyes. It's jaws are wickedly sharp, and small spatters of a darker crimson decorate the area...blood, certainly. It seems quite eager to begin, perhaps even too impatient for a normal Pokémon...

You are challenged by Young Ribs Aimee and Tara, with a Carvanha and Yamask! What's your next move?
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote