View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 02:06 AM   #6
Heather
Know when to hold 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
BEDLAM RIDGE
The Temporary City Zone

The Bastion of Vacuous Dreams (Neutral): The centrepiece of the city located fittingly in the middle, the Bastion of Dreams was the main government building, stretching into the skies, and where the Goldenridge Council met their bloody end. The enormous structure yet stands, but no side dares to contest for the obvious vantage for fear of what lies within. Legends state that the building was constructed above and around a shrine to a creature of unknown origin said to sway the minds of those who happened upon it. As a result, it is largely abandoned, and many of the valuable documents within are up for grabs, though rumours have it that the final survivor of the council resides within, watching the world crumble around her, with an enigmatic force keeping her safe. Even the deities know not what pokemon are brave enough to reside within, but one thing is certain: those who have ventured in...have never emerged again. Reply in Dark Green.
Bedlam Ridge. The once grandiose Goldenridge City had fallen into a sorry state after the collapse of the Fizzytopian government. So much for that stability and easy life as a Trainer Heather's mother hoped she would find her daughter by sending her to the region, but that's neither here nor there. For now, what mattered is that Heather had come to the city to take on a daunting task: exploring the Bastion of Vacuous Dreams in hopes of recovering any old documents that might be of value. At least, that was her official job description, in reality, she just wanted an adventure of which to tell grandiose tales.

A light rain began to fall, clouds swirling overhead as the Trainer, her trusty Emolga on her shoulder, arrived in front of the building. A Misdreavus appeared beside her, a look of particular concern etched into its face.

I still think we should not have come here at all...besides the fact that we're about to go into a place that supposedly no one's left alive before, this entire city puts me on edge. I felt we were being watched during that bit in Shell territory, anyway. its voice echoed in Heather's mind, the redhead sighing. As obtrusive as Grace could get with worrying for her safety, Magus' spooky senses consistently managed to make everything a bad idea in some way or another, and she was done listening to it for her part.

"If someone was going to watch or follow us, they certainly won't now that we're headed in here. Anyway. Grace, Magus, we're here to look for any important documents that we can recover from this building. Arceus knows what's gotten it this kind of reputation, but that's how we're going to help this city out. Are we ready?" Heather said, projecting an aura of confidence that the more observant would find to be entirely a facade.

"I still think this is a dumb idea, but I guess it's my job to keep you out of the trouble we'll find here..." the Emolga on Heather's shoulder remarked, crossing its arms.

If you were saying something about people not following you, get in there now. I sense we're being watched like we were before...Magus' voice echoed.

"Well, if you say so, Magus...let's head on in." Heather said, going up to the front door and making to enter the building.

Just who would be stalking me, though... Eh, its probably Magus just being spooky. If push comes to shove, Grace'll help. the Trainer thought to herself.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote