View Single Post
Old 04-08-2017, 12:48 AM   #2
Talon87
Shenmue III, baby!

Send a message via AIM to Talon87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Remember how everyone said Pokemon: Ze Origins was supposed to be a remake of G1? Well, it wasn't really a remake of G1, it was an adaption of FR/LG, which itself was a remake of RBY. We haven't had a remake of the Indigo League in the Pokemon anime proper before.

Until now. GAH.
No one said they wanted Origins to be a "remake" of the games. (You appear to be using the term "remake" to mean "Same setting, new plot and possibly also new characters".) The vast majority of fans, both here on UPN and abroad in places like YouTube, Reddit, and other Pokémon forums, everyone was stoked at the prospect of a game-faithful adaptation; was delighted by how faithful Origins was; was dismayed by how unfaithful it could be at times (e.g. the introduction of Gen 6's Mega Stones); and was super bummed by how short it was. The universal complaint with Origins was, "Not long enough. WE NEED MOAR!" No one told Origins to get lost or that it didn't deliver on fan desires. Everyone begged it for an encore.

As for this movie, this is the first I've heard that it will be shown on roadshow. That usually means that it won't be shown in most theaters, and that few to none of them will show the film for most of the summer. That's historic, as up until last year every Pokémon film to date has been shown in Japanese theaters nationwide afaik. They've never been relegated to roadshow deals the way that so many other (non-mainstream) anime movies are.

I don't like how Ash appears to already have his Kalos or Alola personality out of the gate. That chipper, never-get-me-down attitude. "You can electrocute me all you like and I'll still smile at you and hold out my hand in friendship." The Kanto Ash would never do that. So you're absolutely right when you say that this is a "remake" (as in, they're making fundamental changes to the plot and to the characters themselves).
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote