View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 05:27 PM   #282
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 134 View Post
Missingno. Master:

"Sableye?" The old woman scoffed. Her yellow-grey hair was swept up in a tight, unreasonably ornate up-do. Three hefty rubies hang from her neck, the largest one in the center. The necklace looks incredibly old. In a truly unnerving gesture, he reaches up and touches your cheek, her sleeve billowing. The hand is ice cold and immediately makes you feel clammy.

"Good riddance to that garbage Pokémon," she said, with no warmth in her tone. Kit knits his brows, and despite his fear, he spoke up.

"He isn't garbage," he defended, voice cracking faintly. The old woman turned to him with a scowl on her face, and backhanded him without warning. With a yelp, Kit falls to the ground, clutching his face.

"You will not disrespect me," she informs the boy, curtly. Kit stares up at her, eyes glassy.

"He's not garbage," he repeats, tone more firm. For all his fear, Sableye seems to mean a great deal to him. The old woman laughs.

"No?" she taunts. "Then where is he? Certainly not here. He abandoned you, Fuego. That disgusting little creature doesn't care what happens to you."

She emits a cruel laugh, as Kit's wet eyes finally overflow. He looks down at the floor as tears streak his cheeks. All the while, the old woman is laughing. What will you do?
Keith listened as the old woman reacted to his words. The good news was that she seemed considerably less focused on getting him off her property. The bad news was why- she seemed to not give a Raticate's ass about Kit's Sableye. Keith shuddered as the ancient woman touched his cheek- it was a horribly cold and unpleasantly clammy sensation, though Keith felt even further disgust at the woman's words.

And so, it seemed, did Kit. Despite his clear and obvious fear of this old woman, Kit spoke up bravely in defense of his Sableye. This led to the woman taunting him, reminding him that the Sableye ran away. Keith shook his head in disdain- more likely, he reasoned, the Sableye ran away to get away from this horrible old woman. He knew that even Grandma Masters, who had always taught Keith to respect his elders, would likely have slapped this bitch across the face by this point.

However tempting it seemed in the moment, Keith did not slap the horrible old woman. Instead, he seized the chance offered to him by the woman's momentary distraction- namely, her sadistic, cruel laughter- and whispered to Kit. "Kit, listen," he said quietly. "The guy whose Vulpix I'm looking for, I think he found your Sableye. He wants to meet you at the old well to return it to you. C'mon," he said, ready to lead the way out the door. And fast- he was starting to care less and less about disrespecting this hag, and more and more about reuniting Kit with Sableye. Ideally, by the time the old woman stopped laughing, they'd already be at the bottom of the hill, maybe even further away than that. Whether it would work out like that, however, remained to be seen.

My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote