View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 08:29 PM   #280
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 134 View Post
Missingno. Master:

You’re going in circles now, it seems. Heading back up the hill, you knock, yet again, on the door. It takes just as long for anyone to answer the door as it did the last time, and while you’re waiting, you look back to Gem, only to find that he’s no longer there. A quick scan of the field, however, find him standing next to the old, dry well you had passed not very long ago. In fact, you recall, Albus had led you to that same well while looking for the missing Vulpix. You don’t have time to wonder about the significance of the well, however, as the deadbolts echo inside and then the door swings open, once again revealing the boy named Kit. He looks even more on edge than last time, leaning in close to you as he hisses -- at just barely a whisper -- “What do you want now?”

He glances back at the stairwell inside, and then scowls at you. “Did you find him?” he asks, with a clandestine air. “Did you find my Sableye? My little gem-eater?”

His voice sounds almost begging, but you don’t get a chance to answer him, either, because a door slams unstairs and reverberates through the house. In a moment, Kit goes utterly pale, and tries to shut the door on you, but it’s too late. Behind him, a gaunt old woman appears, as sudden as a ghost, dressed in a flowing olive-and-gold robe.

“Fuego,” she bellows, addressing Kit. The young man turns, to her, brows knit in utter terror. “What do you think you’re doing, child?”

Kit is too frightened to respond. The old woman’s gaze flickers suddenly to you, and her dark eyes narrow sinisterly. “Get off of my property,” she demands, coldly. Kit looks at you, eyes searching and desperate. Will you do as the woman says, and abandon him?
Kit answered the door at about the same Slowbro's pace it took him to do so last time. In the time it took for him to respond, Keith looked back, only to see that Gem was now standing by the old well- the same old well, in fact, that Albus had initially detected Vulpix's scent at. But before Keith could do much more than register this fact in his mind, Kit answered the door. He asked, pleadingly, desperately, if Keith had located his Sableye. Keith opened his mouth to clarify the situation, but before any clarifying could happen, a door slammed shut within the house. It was loud and startling, but Kit's reaction went way beyond that- he went pale, even tried to slam the door shut, but was unable to do so in time. And a second later, Keith saw exactly why.

The old woman had appeared seemingly out of nowhere, almost as though a ghost. This, Keith realized, must be the old woman Gem had talked about, not least of which because of her attitude- the way she addressed Kit left Keith with little surprise at the fact that he seemed utterly terrified of her (she also, Keith noted, referred to Kit as "Fuego"). Moreover, as she spotted Keith, her idea of a greeting was to coldly demand that he get off her property. A prospect that, at the moment, any sane man would find most welcoming.

But Keith didn't budge. Ignoring the fact that Meowth was now trembling in fear, he wasn't about to let this old woman scare him so easily. If Vulpix was indeed somewhere in the house, Keith intended to see to it that it was reunited with Gem. Moreover, he couldn't just abandon Kit when he so desperately desired to be reunited with his Sableye. He cleared his throat, and recalled his plan to be as civil about this as possible. Even if no such plan was occurring to the woman.

"Sorry to intrude, ma'am," Keith said. "My name is Keith Masters, I was just asking Kit here if he could come with me real quick, about getting his Sableye back. And there's someone whose Vulpix went missing around this area, I'm trying to help find it as well. I'll be off your property as soon as I can ensure that both missing Pokémon are returned to their Trainers."

My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote