View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 09:17 PM   #11
EpicSquirtle
Adrift in a sea of dreams

The Electric Masters Tournament! Part 4

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the final match in the Electric Masters Tournament!" The familiar sound of the announcers voice rang across the stadium once more. "Both of our contestants today have fought through four difficult battles in order to make it here! Despite this, only one can emerge victorious!"

"On the left we have Ryan Williams from Virbank City! Ryan is an impressive trainer indeed, having managed to win this tournament for seven years in a row! Even more impressive, he's managed to win it all with just one Pokemon! Will he be able to keep his impressive title?" The announcer questioned.

"And on the right we have Jake Eclair from Asperita City! Though this is Jake's first year at our tournament, the young man has made a name for himself! He's managed to always come back whenever he's in a pinch, causing some to call him the comeback kid!" The announcer explained.

"Hey Jake, I'm glad to see you've made it so far! After seeing you in action at the forest, I was hoping to face off against you!" Ryan called to the young trainer.

"Thanks! I thought I was doing this to fulfill a promise to one of my Pokemon. But after fighting so many different people, I've realised that I'm not doing it just for them, I'm doing it to prove to the world my true strength. I hope you're ready to give it your all, because I will not stand to lose here!" Jake exclaimed.

"I'm glad to hear it...now give me everything you have!" Ryan replied.

"Ryan, you'll be the first to choose your Pokemon and moves, is that clear?" The referee asked the man.

"Sounds fine to me, Manectric let's go!" Ryan called out as he tossed a Pokeball into the air. From the ball emerged a blue and yellow canine Pokemon.

"And Ryan has chosen his trusty Manectric as his first Pokemon! Manectric has managed to knock out every Pokemon it's been faced against! Even during the double battle rounds, Manectric was the only one used! Let's see how it faces up against Jake's Pokemon..." The announcer explained

"Manectric.....I knew you'd start with that." Jake smiled before grabbing a Pokeball from his belt.

"Alright Hayai, you're up first!" The young trainer exclaimed as he chucked the ball into the air. From the ball a Blitzle materialised onto the field.

"And Jake has picked Blitzle as his first Pokemon. Blitzle was shown to be a formidable opponent in the second round, having managed to take on two Pokemon at the time! How will it fare here? Only time will tell! And with that, let the grand final of the Electric Masters Tournament begin!"

"Alright Manectric, let's go for Flamethrower! Then go for a Crunch!" Ryan commanded.

"We've got this Hayai! Start things off with Double Kick! Then use Flame Charge!" Jake exclaimed.

Manectric was the first to act! The discharge Pokemon began by gathering fire energy in it's mouth. The Manectric then fired an intense wall of flames towards Hayai, inflicting heavy damage to the Electrified Pokemon!

Not one to waste any time, Hayai bolted towards his opponent, before delivering two powerful kicks to Manectric! Despite the powerful attack, the discharge Pokemon barely flinched.

Hayai was completely caught off guard by this, and before he knew it, Manectric had his fangs digging into his flesh, sending a wave of pain through the Blitzle!

Hayai wasn't willing to give up just yet however, and the electrified Pokemon began cloaking his body in bright orange flames! The Blitzle then galloped towards Manectric, intent on slamming into it!
But the discharge Pokemon was too fast, and dodged the attack with little effort!

"And so the first round comes to an end! To the surprise of almost no one, Ryan seems to have a firm lead! Though it's only the first round, Blitzle seems to already be sitting at just over half it's health! Is Manectric just too strong for Blitzle? Let's find out!" The announcer's voiced boomed cross the arena once more.

"Hang in there Hayai! Let's give them a taste of your Double Edge! Then follow through with Signal Beam!" Jake called out to his partner.

"Manectric, go for a Headbutt! Then use Flamethrower once more!" Ryan commanded.

Thanks to his new found speed, Hayai was the first to act! The Blitzle began to charge towards Manectric, paying no attention to it's own safety.

However, the discharge Pokemon wasn't intent on being a sitting Ducklett! Instead, Manectric began to charge towards the Blitzle, head first! The two Pokemon collided, one attack against the other! But Manectric proved to be the one with the most power, causing the poor Blitzle to be sent flying back!

Despite the tough position he was in, Hayai wasn't ready to give up! The Blitzle quickly began to gather bug energy in his horn, before firing it at his opponent in the form of a rainbow beam!
But Manectric was also prepared for this! Once again the discharge Pokemon gathered fire energy in it's mouth, before firing an impressive wall of flames! The two attacks collided against each other once more!

The powerful fire attack was too much for the signal beam, and Hayai was once again hit with the overwhelming power of the flamethrower!

"Once again another thrilling round comes to a close! Although Blitzle started with over half it's health, it's now looking at less then a quarter of it! Things are looking really bad for Jake, will he be able to turn it around?" The announcer questioned.

"Let's finish this Manectric! Go for a Crunch first, then use your Hidden Power!" Ryan barked.

"Stay strong Hayai! Let's go for another Double Kick! Then follow it up with Flame Charge!" Jake ordered.

Once again Hayai was the first to act! The Blitzle galloped towards his opponent, intent on delivering two powerful kicks! Once the Electrified reached his target, he spun around and kicked his hind legs towards the Manectric! Once more, the discharge Pokemon took the attack, before sinking it's fangs into Hayai!

The Blitzle let out a screech as the powerful attack sent waves of pain through his body! Hayai teetered as he tried to recover from the attack. It was evident that the Blitzle wouldn't last much longer!

Giving it everything his all, Hayai began to cloak himself in flames once more, before galloping as fast as he could to his destination! Manectric, meanwhile began to tap into it's hidden power. Three orbs began to surround the discharge Pokemon, calm as the ground itself! The three orbs then shot out towards Hayai, smashing into the Blitzle before he could reach Manectric! With one final cry, the Blitzle toppled over in defeat.

"Blitzle is unable to battle!" The referee exclaimed.

"And with that folks, Jake is down to five Pokemon! Despite Blitzle's best efforts, the electrified Pokemon barely left a mark on Manectric! Can Jake's next Pokemon hope to do better?" The announcer questioned.

"Hayai return!" Jake called out as he returned the Blitzle to his Pokeball.
"Hayai was barely able to land a hit on Manectric...maybe I should use my secret weapon now... If Hayai didn't stand a chance, what chance do most of the other's have? I've got to use him." Jake thought to himself as he grabbed a thunderbolt from his belt.

"Alright Crix, it's your time to shine!" The young trainer exclaimed as he tossed the ball into the air. From the ball emerged a menacing yellow and black, with two black tails!

"And Jake has chosen Electivire as his second Pokemon! We haven't seen Jake use Electivire in this tournament before. Let's see just how powerful it is right here and now!

"Ok Crix let's show them what we're made of! Let's start with a Fire Punch, then follow it up with Ice Punch!" Jake ordered.

"Manectric go for another Headbutt first! Then use Quick Attack!" Ryan commanded.

This time Manectric was first to act! The discharge Pokemon charged towards the Thunderbolt Pokemon head first, delivering a powerful headbutt!

Crix reeled back slightly due to the powerful blow, but quickly recovered! The Electivire then cloaked it's fist in bright orange flames, before slamming his fist into Manectric! The Discharge cried out in shock at the power of the attack! Unlike Hayai, Crix seemed to be the perfect match for the Manectric.

With it's passion for battle reignited, the Manectric charged towards the thunderbolt Pokemon at an astounding rate, slamming into Crix before he even had time to react! In retaliation, the thunderbolt Pokemon cloaked his fist in freezing cold ice energy, before slamming it into Manectric! The discharge Pokemon stumbled backwards from the sheer force of the attack, before quickly regaining it's composure.

The two Pokemon began to glare at one another, both had something to prove! For Manectric, it was to maintain it's streak in the tournament. For Crix, it was to make up for the loss he had experienced against a Magcargo not so long ago! Neither of them were willing to lose!

"Yet again, another exciting round has come to a close. Though Manectric was able to easily able to wipe the floor with Blitzle, it seems Electivire is a much more fearsome opponent. With both Pokemon at around the same levels of health, it could be anyone's match!" The announcer exclaimed.

"Manectric first use Headbutt! Then go for a Swift attack!" Ryan barked.

"Alright Crix, we can do this! Start off with Cross Chop! Then use Rock Smash!" Jake exclaimed.

Once again the discharge Pokemon was the first to act! The Manectric ran towards Crix, intent on slamming it's head into him! But Crix wasn't ready to let that happen! The Electivire began channeling fighting energy into both his arms, before crossing them. The thunderbolt then slammed both of his arms directly into the Manectric.

Both attacks collided against each other, but Crix's power proved to be too much, easily knocking Manectric off it's feet!

The discharge Pokemon quickly recovered from the attack, and started to gather energy energy for it's next attack. Manectric then converted the energy into stars, which shot out towards Crix! The Electivire was too slow to dodge them, instead taking the full brunt of the attack!

Not willing to let the Manectric off easy, Crix ran towards the discharge Pokemon, his fist glowing white with energy! Unable to react in time, Manectric let out a cry as the powerful attack sent waves of pain through it's body!

"And with that, another round has ended! Though previously even, Electivire has now taken the lead, with just over half his health! However, Manectric isn't far behind, sporting just under half of it's health. It's still anyone's match!

"Let's keep this up Crix! Let's start things off with Dual Chop! Then use Ice Punch!" Jake ordered.

"Manectric wait for Electivire to get close, then use Hidden Power, then go for a Headbutt!" Ryan commanded.

This time it was Crix who started the round! The thunderbolt Pokemon began to amass draconic energy, coating both of his arms, before running towards Manectric, intent on striking it down! Meanwhile, Manectric began to channel it's power hidden deep within. Three orbs of earth once again began to circle the discharge Pokemon.

As soon as Crix got ready to strike, the orbs of energy shot out, hitting Crix for a direct hit! The Electivire cried out as the powerful attack caused it to fall on one knee. Not only was the attack super effective, it had also been a direct hit!

"So that's why he wanted Manectric to wait to attack, so Crix would leave himself open for a critical hit...." Jake mused.

Not willing to give up just yet, Crix began to cloak his fist in icy cold energy! The Electivire then charged towards Manectric, intent on making it pay for it's previous attack! Manectric also began to charge towards it's opponent, head first! The two attacks collided once again, though this time both Pokemon fell back from the blow. It seemed the attacks were equal in power!

"And with that round out of the way, it seems Manectric has retaken the lead! Though previously at half health, Electivire now finds itself at just under a quarter. Ouch, that hidden power really hurt! Meanwhile, Manectric is holding on with over a quarter of it's health! However, both Pokemon seem to be rather tired after all those powerful attacks, maybe they need a quick break!" The announcer exclaimed.

"Ok Manectric, let's use Howl! Then take a rest for now." Ryan commanded.

"Hang in there Crix! Let's go for a Rock Smash for now. Then you can take a little break." Jake ordered.

Crix was once again the first to begin the match! Channeling energy into his fist, the Electivire began to run towards Manectric, his fist now glowing white from the energy. Crix was much too slow however, and Manectric dodged the attack with ease. Now Crix was wide open for an attack, but instead of taking advantage of it, Manectric let out a howl, pumping it up for battle and raising it's attack!

"Well that was anticlimatic folks. Though with Manectric raising it's attack, maybe things will get more interesting in the coming rounds!" The announcers voice rang through the arena once more.

"Alright Crix, let's use Cross Chop, then follow it up with Ice Punch!" Jake called out to his partner.

"Manectric, let's finish this with Giga Impact!" Ryan barked.

Manectric was the first to act! The discharge Pokemon began to gather massive energy, surrounding itself in a cloak of extreme purple energy! The Manectric then began to slowly charge towards the thunderbolt Pokemon!

Not willing to let up, even in the face of danger, Crix began to channel fighting energy into both of his arms. The Electivire then crossed his arms, before charging towards Manectric and slamming both his limbs into the discharge Pokemon! But Manectric was simply too powerful for Crix, and with little effort the Manectric overpowered the Electivire!

Crix wobbled as he tried to get up after the powerful blow. The thunderbolt Pokemon was about to get up on his feet when he simply toppled over. The strain from Manectric's assault had proven to be too much!

"Electivire is unable to battle!" The referee exclaimed.

"Would you look at that! Though Electivire still had roughly a quarter of health left going into the round, Manectric's devastating Giga Impact proved to be too much! Now Jake is left with four Pokemon, while Ryan still has all six of his! Will Jake be able to make a comeback?" The announcer questioned.

"Crix return!" Jake called out as he returned the Electivire to it's Thunderball.
"You did spectacular out there, now go take a nice long rest..."

"Even Crix couldn't beat Manectric....and he's the most powerful Pokemon that I'm using here. I need some way to finish Manectric off, maybe a Pokemon that's small and nimble?" Jake pondered

"Small and nimble....Tasu will probably be my best bet!" The young trainer exclaimed as he grabbed a Thunderball from his belt.
Wait, didn't his Plusle reside in a regular Pokeball? Jake shrugged, he had probably changed it and forgotten about it.

"Alright Tasu, you're up next!" The younger trainer exclaimed as he tossed the Thunderball into the air. From the ball emerged a blue sheep with cream coloured wool.

"Wait Milo?! But....Tasu's ball......" Jake stammered as he saw his choice of Pokemon. He must of somehow grabbed Milo's ball instead of Tasu's during the transfer process!

"And Jake has chosen Mareep as his third Pokemon! Mareep proved to be a stubborn one for Jake when it refused to battle for him in the third round, maybe
Mareep has had a change of heart!" The announcer exclaimed.

Milo quickly looked around at the battlefield, before lying down once more on the dirt.
"Milo, I know this isn't the most ideal situation, but please listen to me!" Jake called to the wool Pokemon.
At his trainers call, Milo glanced at the young man, before quickly turning away in disgust.
"Milo I'm sorry that I sent you into another battle. I mixed up your poke ball somehow, I promise I didn't mean to! But I really need you to help me here, you've got to help me win this battle!" Jake pleaded.

"Having trouble with your Pokemon? Sorry kid, but I can't wait here all day! Manectric, use Crunch then go for Headbutt!" Ryan called out.

"Come on Milo, you can do this! Start with Agility then follow it up with Body Slam!" Jake ordered.

Manectric was the first to act! The discharge Pokemon began by lacing it's fangs with energy as dark as the night! The Manectric then ran towards Milo, intent on sinking it's teeth into his flesh! But Milo wasn't having any of it, and nimbly dodged the attack. Manectric then charged at the Wool Pokemon, ready to slam it's head into it! But once again Milo managed to gracefully out of the way!

What an anticlimatic round folks! Though Mareep refuses to attack, it also seems unwilling to get hit either! Will Jake manage to overcome Mareep's disobedience? Or will Manectric stop it first? Let's find out!" The announcer exclaimed.

Once the voice of the announcer died down, the audience began to boo!
"Why are you even here if you can't control your Pokemon?!"
"Well we certainly know who's the worst electric trainer."
"What a stupid Mareep, won't even listen to his trainer!"

"Come on Milo, you can do it! Show them what you're made of with Body Slam! Then use Cotten Spore!" Jake ordered once more.

"Alright Manectric, use Thunder Fang, then use Spark!" Ryan commanded.

Manectric was once more the first to act! The discharge Pokemon began to amass electrical energy, lacing it's sharp fangs with it, before charging towards Milo, intent on hitting it's target this time. But alas, Milo was too quick for the Manectric, and dodged the attack yet again.

Now more angry then ever, the discharge Pokemon began to surround itself in blue sparks of electricity, before charging towards Milo once more! Yet again the Mareep dodged out of the way, completely unharmed.

"And yet again the round comes to a rather anticlimatic end. Mareep seems to still be refusing to battle! With Manectric unable to land a hit, it seems the two are in a bit of a stalemate!" The announcer exclaimed.

"Alright Manectric, use Flamethrower, then go for Iron Tail!

Jake could only watch as Ryan called out another set of orders. He knew that Milo refused to fight, yet at the same time, if he withdrew him, he'd be down to only three Pokemon...
"Milo! I...I understand if you don't want to fight...it's not your fault. It was mine for mixing up your ball with Tasu's.....and for breaking my promise and trying to get you to fight again." Jake apologised to the Mareep.

Manectric, unwilling to wait for Milo to receive his orders, began to amass fire energy, channeling it into it's mouth! The Mareep, still looking at his trainer, didn't even realise the danger he was in! Manectric then shot the energy out in an impressive wall of flames! Unaware of the attack, Milo had no time to dodge or even brace himself, instead taking the full brunt of the attack!

The Mareep cried out at the surprise attack, the powerful move sending waves of pain throughout his body. To Jake and Milo's surprise, the audience started laughing!

"Ha ha, looks like that Mareep got what it deserved!"
"I can't believe Jake managed to get this far, what a loser!"
"Not so nimble now, are you Mareep? What a pathetic excuse of a Pokemon!

Even Manectric was laughing at the pair!
"Y-you've insulted me and my trainer, and I will not stand for it! You think it's funny to attack someone when they're defenseless? You've just made a very big mistake Manectric!" Milo exclaimed, a raging fire burning in his eyes, the likes of which Jake had never seen.

Not one to make idle threats, Milo charged towards the discharge Pokemon, slamming into it with all his weight behind him! The Manectric was completely caught off guard by Milo's assault, crying out after the powerful blow.

"M-milo! You're willing to fight?" Jake asked, deeply moved by the Mareep's resolve. Milo turned towards his trainer and gave him a quick nod and a smile, before turning back to face his opponent!

Intent on showing the Manectric his true power, the Mareep began gathering energy as hard as steel into his tail! The wool Pokemon then began to charge towards his opponent!

Manectric wasn't willing to watch as the Mareep prepared his assault, and so he too began to gather steel energy into his tail!

The two Pokemon swung their tails at each other, causing the two attacks to collide against each other! To Jake's astonishment, the two seemed to be evenly matched! The two Pokemon both fell back from the attack before glaring at one another! Milo had promised himself he would never battle again, yet here he was... But this was different! This was for his trainer!

"And it seems things have finally started to pick up! Though Mareep initially refused to battle at all, it seems it's had a change of heart! To make things more interesting, both Pokemon seem to be evenly matched! Though Mareep has a strong lead, it's still anyone's match!" The announcer exclaimed.

"Alright, let's do this Milo! Start things off with Take Down! Then use Agility!" Jake ordered

"Manectric, start by using Wild Charge! Then go for an Ice Fang!" Ryan commanded.

Manectric was the first to act! The discharge Pokemon began to amass electrical energy, surrounding itself in a cloak of yellow electrical sparks! The Manectric then ran towards Milo, ready to slam into the Mareep for massive damage!

Meanwhile, Milo began gathering energy, surrounding himself in a bronze aura, before recklessly charging towards Manectric in an attempt to take it down!
The two Pokemon slammed into each other, neither giving an inch! But Manectric proved to be the most powerful of the two, causing Milo to be sent flying back!

Seizing the opportunity for another attack, Manectric began to gather energy as cold as ice, lacing it's fangs in the process! The discharge Pokemon then lunged towards Milo, sinking it's fangs into his flesh!

The Mareep let out a sharp cry and reeled back slightly as the cold energy sent waves of pain through him.

But now it was the Mareep's time to act! Milo began to relax, letting his muscles loosen and causing his body to become lighter, increasing his speed greatly!

"And with that, another exciting round has come to an end! Though Mareep had a firm lead at the beginning, it seems to be slowly slipping! Still, Mareep is sitting comfortably at just under three quarters of it's health! Manectric, at a quarter! Will Ryan be able to turn this around?

"Manectric, don't let this thing win! Start by using your Hidden Power! Then use Crunch!" Ryan barked.

"Let's keep this up Milo! Let's start with Body Slam! Then go for another Agility!

Once again, Manectric began to channel it's power hidden deep inside itself. Three earth like orbs began to circle around the discharge Pokemon. The orbs then shot out towards Milo, striking him for a super effective attack!

Not willling to let Manectric's assault slide, Milo lunged at the discharge Pokemon, slamming into it with all his weight! Despite his small size, the Mareep hit surprisingly hard, causing Manectric to cry out briefly.
Not one to sit around, Manectric began his second attack, cloaking his fangs in a dark energy! The discharge Pokemon ran towards Milo, before sinking his sharp fangs into his flesh! The wool Pokemon let out a sharp cry as pure agony swept over his face!

Once the assault had stopped, the Mareep once again began to lighten his body, causing him to increase his speed even further!

"With another round over, Jake finds himself in an even tighter bind! Though Mareep had a huge lead going into the fight, it now finds itself at under half health! Meanwhile, Manectric is just under a quarter! How will the two fare in the comings rounds? Only time will tell!" The announcer spoke up yet again.

"You know, I'm impressed Jake...you're the first to give me such a challenge! I knew you were something back when I met you. Sadly, it's time for these games to be over!" Ryan exclaimed as he took out what appeared to be a badge. In the center, a familiar rainbow stone...

"Alright Manectric, it's time to...mega evolve!" Ryan exclaimed as he pressed the center of the badge causing it to glow, sending out powerful tendrils of energy! At the same time, the leg band Manectric was wearing also began to glow with energy! Manectric then began to transform! It's mane started to grow considerably, now covering it's entire back! The Manectric also began to grow taller! The discharge Pokemon now stood even taller then Jake!

"No way. He's capable of mega evolution? I shoulda figured considering his status here...." Jake murmured as he watched the Manectric change even further.

"Impressed Jake? I'm sorry to tell you, but while your Electivire way have fought admirably, it was nothing more then a test of your skill! I'm surprised you made it this far, but no further! This is it for you Jake!" Ryan called to the young trainer.

"We'll see about that! Your Manectric is still low on health, and me and Milo will pull through!" Jake responded.

"Let's stand strong Milo! Let's start with Growl! Then follow up with Tackle!" Jake ordered.

"Let's finish this Manectric! Go for Electric Terrain first! Then use Thunderbolt!" Ryan barked.

Manectric was the first to start! The discharge Pokemon began to amass electrical energy, before pumping it into the ground! Milo could feel the massive amount of electrical energy, constantly sending tiny jolts into his feet. If he could use this energy, his electric attacks would surely be more powerful! But now wasn't the time for that! The Mareep ran towards the Manectric, before letting out a harsh
growl in an attempt to startle the discharge Pokemon!

But with the massive size difference between the two, the Manectric couldn't help but laugh at the Mareep's attempt to startle it! This angered Milo even more, who proceeded to ram into the discharge Pokemon!

Letting out a small cry, Manectric slid back slightly, before preparing it's next attack! The discharge Pokemon began to gather electricity into it's body, before releasing it as a wicked bolt of electricity! Milo had little time to react, and soon the powerful attack had Milo in it's grasp, causing the wool Pokemon great distress! The Mareep cried out as the attacks assault seemed to last for ages! Finally the pain stopped and Milo collapsed onto the ground, completely exhausted...
-----
"W-where am I?" Milo asked as he slowly began to rise from his slumber. The Mareep looked all around, trying to get a feeling of his surroundings. But all he saw was darkness, in every corner of the room.

"What is this place? Wasn't I just in the arena?" Milo question the darkness surrounding him.

"Why did you do it Milo?" A sudden voice pierced the otherwise quiet room.
"W-what are you talking about? Who goes there?!" Milo yelled into the empty room.

"You promised you'd never fight again. You decided not to fight, to protect the ones you love... So why are you fighting again?" The mysterious voice spoke once more. Suddenly, images of different Pokemon started to appear in the empty room. Machop, Cottonee, Skitty, Timburr.....

"W-what do you want from me?! Why are you here?!" Milo screamed at the Pokemon before him.

"Are you proud of what you did? To all of those innocent Pokemon? Think of all the suffering you brought... You're a monster for what you did. You should be ashamed!" The voice continued without remorse.

"N-no it's not true...I-I didn't...." Milo stammered, tears starting to form in his eyes.

"And the worst part is you lost your only friend because of it. Do you think anyone actually cares about you? Your original trainer, the one with the cowboy hat, traded you away for a measly candy!
Your second trainer exchanged you for a stone! And as for Jake, do you honestly believe he cares about you? He's using you as a tool, nothing more!" The voice exclaimed.
"N-no, y-you're lying..Jake c-cares a-about me!" Milo stammered.
"Is that why he constantly ignores what you have to say? He's only using you because of your power. Your power to harm anyone and everyone in your path!" The voice continued once more.

"Milo! Don't give up now! You need to stay strong!" A familiar voice cut through the dark words of the Mareep's subconscious.

"J-jake? Is that you?" Milo murmured.

"You have to stand back up! I know you're stronger then that! I believe in you!" The young trainer's voice once again pierced the air, snapping Milo back into reality.
-----
Milo once more began to rise from his slumber, finding himself in the arena once more!

"Way to go Milo! Let's stay strong for just a little longer!" Jake exclaimed at the sight of the Mareep's recovery.

Once again Milo turned to face the Manectric that stood before him. Though the fight had previously seemed impossible, the Mareep found a new sense of encouragement in his trainer's words. Jake was counting on him, and Milo wasn't planning on letting him down! Soon the Mareep felt a strange rush of energy flow through him, and with a small cry, began to glow in a bright light!

"Milo, y-you're evolving!" Jake exclaimed as the wool Pokemon began to change shape. He began to grow taller, and his back legs grew stronger. Some of his wool began to fall off and his skin colour changed from blue to pink! Even his tail changed colour!
Once the transformation was complete, the light faded completely, revealing an adorable .

Though Jake was excited for Milo, he couldn't help but feel a bit confused. Milo had never been in a battle to his knowledge, so how was he able to evolve so fast?

"What an amazing turn of events folks! It seems as if Manectric's latest assault has caused Mareep to evolve into Flaffy! However things aren't looking too bright for Flaaffy! After Manectric's powerful thunderbolt, the Wool Pokemon finds itself at just over a quarter of it's health! Meanwhile, after using so many powerful attacks, Manectric looks like it could use a break! Will Flaaffy be able to take advantage of this? Let's find out!" The announcers voice boomed across the arena.

"Heh, just because your Mareep evolved, doesn't mean it's got any shot at winning! Manectric use Thunderbolt once more!" Ryan barked

"We've got this now Milo! Let's start with an Iron Tail, then follow it up with one last Agility!" Jake ordered.

Manectric was the first to move! Once more the discharge Pokemon began to amass electrical energy into it's body, before releasing a bolt of lightning towards Milo! But the Flaaffy was fully prepared for the attack, and with new found strength easily jumped out of the way. With the discharge Pokemon left wide open, Milo lunged at it before swinging his iron clad tail upon the Manectric, causing it to cry out in pain!

Milo wasn't ready to stop just yet! The Flaaffy began to relax it's muscles for a third time, lightening his body as much as he possibly could!

"And with that another exciting round comes to an end! It seems that with it's new strength, Flaaffy has got Manectric on the ropes! Will Manectric have some way of turning it around?" The announcer questioned once more.

"Alright Milo, let's give it all you've got with Iron tail! Then follow up with Body Slam!" Jake called to his partner.

"Manectric first use Headbutt! Then go for a Facade!" Ryan barked once more.

Thanks to his use of agility, Milo found himself being the first to act! Once more the wool Pokemon began to channel steel typed energy into his tail, before dashing towards his opponent!
Prepared for the attack, Manectric began to charge towards the Flaffy head first! The two Pokemon smashed in to the other, each of their attacks clashing against the other. But it seemed the two were equal in strength, causing the two Pokemon to slide back!

"B-but how's that possible?! Crix struggled to match Manectric's power, and yet Milo seems to be truely equal to it?" Jake thought as he watched the two electric types clash.

But neither of the two Pokemon were finished! In a fit of rage, Manectric charged towards the Flaaffy, intent on slamming into it with all it's might! But Milo had the same idea, the Flaaffy quickly lunged towards his rival before slamming into the discharge Pokemon with all his weight! Yet again the two Pokemon seemed to be equal in power, each of them bouncing back once more!

"Yet another exciting round comes to a close in this exciting final match! And it seems as if the battle between Flaaffy and Manectric is about to come to a close! Each of them are barely holding on! A good hit or two could easily end them! Let's see just what happens next!" The announcer exclaimed.

"Manectric, keep Flaaffy at bay with Discharge!" Ryan yelled at the discharge Pokemon.

"Milo, get out of the way of Manectric and use Charge!" Jake chirped.

This time it was Manectric who started off the match! The discharge Pokemon began to charge up a moderate amount of electrical energy, before discharging all around it! Milo was quick to act, and with his superior speed, managed to narrowly avoid the storm of electricity in front of him! Now safe from danger, the Flafafy began to amass electrical energy! But instead of unleashing it for an attack, the wool Pokemon instead stored for an upcoming move!

"What an uneventful round folks! Though Manectric tried to finish Flaaffy off with a powerful Discharge attack, Flaaffy managed to dodge it! But with Flaaffy storing up energy for a further electric attack, things could get a lot more interesting folks!"

"It's time to finish this Milo! Let's give them your best Electro Ball!" Jake exclaimed.

"Not so fast! Manectric stop them in their tracks with Hyper Beam!" Ryan shouted.

Eager to win it all, Milo began to charge up even more electrical energy! The stored energy, along with the electrical current still flowing under Milo's feet helped boost the power of the attack to astronomical levels!

Not willing to stand by, Manectric too began to amass an incredible amount of energy in it's mouth!

The two rivals glared at each other for a brief moment, before each of them unleashed their extremely powerful attacks! The two attacks clashed in the middle, sending severe amounts of energy to bounce around in the air! Finally the two attacks exploded in a ball of black smoke, completely covering Milo and Manectric!

The previously loud crowd fell completely silent. Everyone one was on the edge of their seats! Who would emerge victorious, Milo or Manectric? It took Jake a couple seconds to realise he had been holding his breath! The young trainer coughed briefly before turning his attention back to the field, where the smoke was beginning to dissipate. In the center of the arena, both Milo and Manectric were lying on the cold dirt, completely unresponsive.

"Flaaffy and Manectric are both unable to battle!" The referee exclaimed.

"This is incredible folks! For the first time in the history of this tournament, Manectric has been knocked out! What an incredible feat for Jake and Flaaffy!"

The crowd roared, Jake could hear them cheering, even chanting his name!
"Wow, I was wrong about him. Jake rules!"
"I can't believe that Flaaffy actually stood toe to toe with Manectric! What an incredible Pokemon!"

"Milo return!" Jake called out as he returned the Flaaffy to his Thunderball. "You were simply amazing out there. Thank you for helping me when I really needed it."

"I never thought I'd see the day!" Ryan exclaimed as he returned his Manectric to it's Pokeball.

"Jake, your next Pokemon please!" The referee called to the teen.

At the referee's request, Jake quickly grabbed a ball from his belt.

"Alright Arthur, let's give it your all!" Jake exclaimed as he tossed the Pokeball into the air. From the ball emerged an orange and white Pokemon consisting of plasma!

"It seems Jake has chosen Rotom as his fourth Pokemon! Despite having already gone through four different battles, Jake has yet to use Rotom in the tournament! Let's see just how well it fares against Ryan's second Pokemon.

"Ok Raichu, let's go!" Ryan called as he threw another Pokeball into the air. From the ball materialised a familiar orange rodent!

"And it seems Ryan has chosen Raichu as his second Pokemon! We've never seen Ryan use anything but Manectric before, so this will surely be a treat to watch! And with that, let the next round begin!" The announcer exclaimed.

"Behold! A legendary hero makes his way to this hellish landscape!" Arthur exclaimed as he got a good look at his surroundings.
"You! You shall be my battle of overwhelming fate today!" Arthur continued as he faced the Raichu before him.
"Two wills clash in a burning inferno of might! No hards feelings I hope? It's just how this has to be!"
Raichu seemed completely unfazed by the strange Rotom, instead awaiting it's trainers orders.

"Let's do our best out there Arthur! Let's start with Astonish! Then follow with Signal Beam!" Jake chirped.

"Alright Raichu, start things off with Iron Tail! Next use your Thief attack!" Ryan barked.

Raichu was the first to start things off! The mouse Pokemon began to gather energy as steel into it's tail! The Raichu then bolted towards Arthur, slamming it's tail into Arthur with incredible force! The Rotom hovered back slightly at the attack. Though it didn't seem to have done a ton of damage, it seemed to have cut right through Arthur's defence, lowering it slightly!

Eager to show off his power, Arthur dove towards Raichu at an incredible speed! Just before the plasma Pokemon made contact, he let out a loud shriek, hoping to make Raichu flinch! But the mouse Pokemon stood strong, not flinching for even a second!

Arthur was completely shocked that his attack hadn't made Raichu flinch, and in his confusion left himself completely open for an attack! Seizing the opportunity, Raichu coated itself in a dark aura before slamming into Arthur, hoping to snatch any item on the plasma Pokemon! Arthur let out a loud shriek as the attack connected, sending the poor plasma Pokemon flying!
Despite the mouse Pokemon's efforts, it didn't manage to steal an item from the Rotom, most likely because he didn't have one in the first place!

Ready to make the Raichu pay for it's assault, Arthur began gathering bug energy inside him, before firing it out as a magnificent rainbow beam! Unable to react in time, the mouse Pokemon took the full brunt of the attack, causing it to slide backwards a bit.

"What an exciting round everyone! It seems Raichu's taken an early lead in the match, still sporting most of it's health. Meanwhile, Rotom seems to be trailing behind at just over three quarters of it's health. Will Rotom be able to turn things around, or will Raichu maintain a firm lead?"

"Raichu, start with Disarming Voice! Then use Thunderbolt!" Ryan barked once more.

"Ok Arthur, let's start by using Signal Beam! Then follow through with Uproar!" Jake ordered.

Once more Raichu found itself being the first to act! The mouse Pokemon let out an emotional cry, sending out pink sound waves, which quickly homed in on Arthur! Though the Rotom tried his best, he found the waves were unrelenting, and was soon struck by the attack!

Eager to retaliate, Arthur began to channel bug energy into his body! Once more the plasma Pokemon used the energy to shoot a rainbow beam towards his target! But Raichu was much more prepared then last time, and the mouse Pokemon easily avoided the attack!

The mouse Pokemon then began to amass electrical energy into it's body! Once the Raichu was satisfied, it let loose a wicked bolt of lightning! The bolt was simply to fast to avoid, and Arthur found himself in the power attacks grasp!
The Rotom let out a small cry as the attack's energy slowly coursed through his body. Though he hated to admit it, the Raichu was simply too strong for it!

But the Rotom wasn't willing to give up quite yet! The plasma began to gather energy into it's mouth, before letting out a loud screech! The screech transformed the previously stored energy into large sound waves, which quickly made it's way to Raichu, smashing into the mouse Pokemon for a large amount of damage!

"With that another exciting round has come to a close! It seems things aren't looking too good for Rotom! After this past round, the plasma Pokemon now has under three quarters of it's health! Meanwhile, Raichu is still leading with three quarter of it's health! Let's see if it stays this way in the next round!" The announcer's voice rang over the arena.

"Let's keep it up Arthur! How about you start things off with a Shock Wave! Then follow it up with another Uproar!" Jake chirped.

"It's time to show them our true strength Raichu! First use Thunder Punch! Then use Fling!" Ryan yelled to the mouse Pokemon.

Eager to get started, Raichu began to channel electric energy into it's fist! The mouse Pokemon then lunged at Arthur, slamming it's fist into his frail body!

Angered by the assault, Arthur began to charge electrical energy inside himself, before firing it in the shape of a blue beam! Raichu was fully prepared for the attack, and jumped out of the way before the attack had a chance to connect. Unfortunately for the mouse Pokemon, the beam was relentless, quickly circling around and striking the Raichu in the back! The mouse Pokemon let out a cry of shock as the surprise attack caused it to fall over.

Seizing the opportunity for another attack, Arthur once more channeled energy in his mouth, before releasing it in the form of blue sounds waves! The waves of energy quickly zoomed towards the mouse Pokemon, smashing into it for a large amount of damage!

The mouse Pokemon, now fuelled with rage, glared at the Rotom that stood before it. The plasma Pokemon hadn't felt it's worst, and Raichu loved the idea of it screaming in pain as the attack took it's full effect! Eager to see it in action, the mouse Pokemon took out a poison barb, and flung it towards Arthur with all it's might!

Unable to react in time, the plasma Pokemon let out a scream as the powerful dark type attack sent agonising pain throughout him! To make matters worse, once the pain of the attack finally subsided, a new pain emerged, causing the plasma Pokemon to cough violently, Arthur had been poisoned!

"Things aren't looking too good for Jake and Rotom! Though Rotom previously had just under three quarters of it's health, the recent assault on it has left it with under half! Raichu meanwhile holds a firm lead at barely under three quarters of it's health. Can Rotom hope to turn it around?" The announcer questioned.

"This is bad. If Arthur stays on the field, there's no way he can win!" Jake thought to himself.
"If only I could switch him out for another Pokemon...but I'm not allowed to switch. Wait, yes I can! I can use Volt switch!"

"Alright Raichu let's keep it light this round! Use Thunder Punch!"

"Hang in there for just a bit Arthur! Let's give them your Volt Switch attack!"

Once more the mouse Pokemon began to gather electric energy into it's fist, before leaping towards the plasma Pokemon. With a swing of it's fist, Raichu slammed into Arthur with all it's might!

In retaliation, the plasma Pokemon coated itself with a veil of electric energy! The Rotom then converted some of the energy into a large ball, before blasting it into his opponent! Using the attack as a distraction, Arthur flew back into his Pokeball without any danger!

"Thanks to Jake's quick thinking, Rotom managed to return to it's Pokeball for later use! But just what Pokemon will Jake pick next? Let's wait and see!" The announcer's voice boomed.

"Hmm...who would be a better match up against Raichu?" Jake questioned as he observed the mouse Pokemon. Raichu was quite fast, and had a large variety of attacks. As the young trainer continued to ponder, he noticed the mouse Pokemon's tail. Unlike most Raichu he had seen, this one's tail was flat on the end, instead of pointy.
Raichu's with flat ended tails were female, Jake knew just what Pokemon he could use!

The young trainer quickly grabbed a Pokeball from his belt before throwing it into the air.
From the ball emerged a black, yellow and white squirrel Pokemon, who quickly glided down onto the field!

The sky squirrel Pokemon quickly looked around at his surroundings, before waving to the crowd.

"It looks like Jake has chosen Emolga as his fifth Pokemon! We've never seen Jake use Emolga before, so it's battling capabilities are completely unknown! Will Raichu be able to hold it's own? Let's see in the next round!"

"Alright Voltaire let's start with Fatal Attraction! Then use Metronome!" Jake exclaimed.

"Raichu use Wild Charge! Then use Thunder Bolt!" Ryan barked.

The mouse Pokemon was the first to act, surrounding itself in a bright yellow aura, before slamming into Voltaire! The Emolga cried out upon the mouse Pokemon's impact, but quickly got a hold of himself.

The sky squirrel Pokemon gave the Raichu a small smirk and a wink before emitting a dark pheromone into the air. Raichu couldn't help but inhale the chemicals, causing her to become infatuated with the Emolga!

Though it was now her turn to attack, the Raichu couldn't bring herself to attack Voltaire! Seizing his chance, Voltaire began to wag his finger back and forth, summoning the knowledge of a random move! The Emolga then surrounded itself in flames before charg(e)ing into Raichu!

Once Voltaire was done his assault, Raichu cried out once more. It seemed as if pheromone had entered it's blood stream!

"What an exciting round! Though Raichu seemed to have the upper hand going in to this, Emolga seems to have gained the upper hand with Fatal Attraction! As long as Raichu is under it's effect, it'll keep taking damage! Will Raichu be able to turn this around?" The announcer questioned.

"Raichu use Thunder Bolt, then use Disarming Voice!" Ryan barked

"Voltaire let's start with Quick Attack, then follow it with another Metronome!"

Voltaire was the first to act! The sky squirrel Pokemon jumped into the air, before gliding towards his opponent at an incredible speed! The Emolga then slammed into the mouse Pokemon, dealing a small amount of damage!

Now it was Raichu's turn to act! But once again the mouse Pokemon couldn't bring herself to attack the Emolga!

Not wasting any time, Voltaire began to wag his finger once more! The Emolga then began to surround himself with large, sharp edge stones!

The Emolga then fired the stones towards the mouse Pokemon! Still conflicted on what to do, the Raichu was unable to react in time, allowing Voltaire to score a direct hit!

Not willing to let Voltaire off easy, the mouse Pokemon let out an emotional cry, sending out several pink sound waves! The sounds waves quickly homed in on the sky squirrel striking him for light damage!

Once the Raichu was done she let out a small cry. It seemed as if the pheromone was starting to deal more and more damage!

"And yet another thrilling round comes to a close! And it seems as if Emolga is still firmly in the lead! After that powerful Stone Edge, Raichu is dwindling at under half health! Meanwhile Emolga has roughly three quarters of it's health left! Will Emolga continue it's firm lead? Let's find out!" The announcer exclaimed.

"Alright Voltaire use Aerial Ace! Next go for an Iron Tail!" Jake chirped.

"Raichu use Hidden Power, then use Iron Tail as well!" Ryan barked.

Voltaire was the first to start the round, jumping into the air before gliding towards his opponent at astounding speed!

However, Raichu was prepared for the Emolga and began to surround itself with three orbs, as cool as the winter breeze! The Raichu then fired the icy orbs into the sky squirrel, causing it to cry out in pain!

Not willing to give up, Voltaire coated it's tail in metallic energy before swinging it 's tail towards his opponent! But once again Raichu was prepared for the attack, and counter the sky squirrels metallic tail with one of it's own, causing the two Pokemon to be sent flying back to their ends of the field!

"With another round over, it seems as if the gap between Emolga and Raichu has shrunk significantly! While Raichu still remains at under half it's health, Emolga is now just barely over half! On top of that, Emolga seems to be tuckered out after
using so many powerful attacks, maybe Emolga should keep it light next round?"

"Raichu use Hidden Power then use Thunderbolt!" Ryan barked once more.

"Let's not push ourselves too much Voltaire! Use Metronome, then take a little break!" Jake exclaimed.

Not one to waste any time, Raichu began to gather it's inner power, converting it into three orbs which began to circle the mouse Pokemon.
Raichu then fired the icy orbs into Voltaire, causing the sky squirrel to cry out in pain!

Intent on winning the match, Voltaire began to wag his finger back and forth, gathering knowledge to use a move at random! The Emolga then began to run towards Raichu, his paws coated in earth like energy! Voltaire then leaped into the air, before spinning like a drill into the mouse Pokemon!

Raichu cried out as the powerful attack nearly made it fall over, but the mouse Pokemon managed to hold on! Raichu was ready to attack Voltaire once more, but it seemed as if the pheromones effects once again were stopping her from wanting to! To add insult to injury, the pheromones once again sent a shot of pain through out the mouse Pokemon's body, nearly causing it to keel over!

"Things aren't looking to good for Raichu! Though the mouse Pokemon previously had just under half it's health, it now find's itself with barely any left! Even a single attack from Emolga could end it! Is this it for Raichu?!" The announcer exclaimed.

"Alright Voltaire let's finish this with Iron Tail! If that's not enough follow with Aerial Ace!" Jake chirped.

"Hang on Raichu! Use Iron Tail, then go for Hidden Power!" Ryan screamed at the mouse Pokemon.

Hoping to end the battle as soon as possible, the sky squirrel began to coat his tail in metallic energy, before swinging it towards his opponent! Once again Raichu countered the attack with it's own Iron Tail, causing the two attacks to collide! But this time Voltaire seemed to have the upper hand, sending the Raichu flying into the ground!

"Raichu is unable to battle!" The referee exclaimed.

The crowd once again went wild. Jake could hear them chanting his name once more! He'd beaten two of Ryan's Poemon, something unheard of during the tournament!

"And Jake has managed to take out Ryan's second Pokemon! Will Ryan be able to end his streak, or will Jake finally beat our seven year champion?! Let's find out!" The announcer exclaimed.

"Return Raichu!" Ryan barked as he returned his Pokemon to it's Pokeball.

"Alright Voltaire let's keep this up. With any luck we can turn this battle around!" Jake exclaimed to his partner, who seemed to be quite happy with the attention he was getting from the crowd.

"Rotom your up next!" Ryan called out as he chucked another Pokeball into the air. From the ball emerged another plasma Pokemon! Unlike Arthur though, this Rotom seemed to have taken the form of a refrigerator!

"It seems as if Ryan has chosen Rotom as his third Pokemon! Seeing as how Ryan has only used Manectric until this match, Rotom's battling capabilities are completely unknown! But if Rotom is anything like Ryan's other Pokemon, this next match up is going to be an exciting one!" The announcer exclaimed.

"Rotom use Thunderbolt! Then use Dark Pulse!" Ryan shouted to the Plasma Pokemon.

"Alright Voltaire let's start with Quick Attack, then follow it up with Aerial Ace!" Jake exclaimed.

Voltaire was the first to act! The sky squirrel Pokemon jumped into the air, before gliding towards his opponent at an incredible speed. The Emolga then slammed into Rotom dealing a small amount of damage!

Seizing the opportunity to attack, the Plasma Pokemon began to gather electric energy in it's body, before releasing a bolt of lightning, striking the Sky Squirrel Pokemon and causing it to cry out in pain!

Not ready to give in just yet, Voltaire jumped high into the air, before gliding towards his opponent so quickly he almost seemed to disappear!

However, the Plasma Pokemon was one step ahead. It began to gather dark energy and thoughts, before sending out waves of dark purple rings! The rings crashed into Voltaire, interrupting his attack and causing the Emolga to crash into the ground!

"With this round over, it seems as if Rotom has a firm lead over Emolga. Though Emolga tried it's best, it could barely land a hit! Meanwhile Rotom managed to land two powerful attacks, causing the Sky Squirrel's health to drop to about a quarter! Will Emolga be able to turn this around?" The announcer questioned.

"Hang in there Voltaire! Let's go for an Iron Tail first! Then use Metronome!" Jake chirped.

"It's time to end this Rotom! When Emolga get's close use Blizzard!" Ryan barked.

Voltaire was once again the first to act! The Sky Squirrel Pokemon began to coat it's tail in metallic energy, before swinging it towards his opponent!

Fully prepared for the attack, Rotom let out a large blast of frigid air! Unable to stop in time, Voltaire was subjected to the powerful attack, shards of ice, sleet and snow hitting him directly! Unable to withstand the attack, the Sky Squirrel let out a final cry before collapsing onto the field.

"Emolga is unable to battle!" The referee exclaimed.

"It seems as if Rotom's Blizzard attack was simply too powerful for Emolga! After very little resistance from Emolga, Jake is left with just two Pokemon! Will Jake's next Pokemon be better suited against Rotom? Let's find out!" The announcer exclaimed.

"Voltaire, return!" Jake called out as he returned his Emolga to it's Pokeball.
"You were amazing out there, I'll win this for us, I promise."

Jake then grabbed another Pokeball from his belt and tossed it into the air. From the ball emerged a blue, yellow and black Pokemon with a star shaped tail.

"And Jake has chosen Shinx as his sixth Pokemon! We have yet to see Jake use Shinx during this tournament, so it's capabilities are unknown to us! Will Shinx be able to take on Ryan's Rotom? Let's wait and see!" The announcer exclaimed.

"Ok Rotom, start with Thunderbolt! Then use Shadow Ball!"

"Alright Lenna let's give it our all out there! First let's use Fire Fang! Then follow it with Double Kick!" Jake chirped.

Lenna was the first to start the round! The Flash Pokemon began to gather fire energy, coating her fangs in orange flames, before sinking them into her opponent's body, causing the Rotom to cry out!

Angered by the Flash Pokemon's assault, Rotom began to gather electric energy, before striking Lenna with a bolt of lightning! But the Plasma Pokemon wasn't done just yet! The Rotom quickly gathered energy into an indigo orb, before firing it towards it's opponent.

Lenna wasn't about to sit by, as the orb came close to her, she jumped to the side, managing to avoid the attack entirely. In return for the Rotom's assault, the Shinx charged towards the Plasma Pokemon, before delivering two powerful kicks to her opponent!

"What an exciting round folks! Unlike Emolga, Shinx seems to be holding it's own against Rotom, having hit it with two super effective attacks this round! After this powerful assault, Rotom finds itself at just under three quarters of it's health! Meanwhile Shinx is looking fairly fresh! Will Rotom be able to close the gap between the two? Let's find out!" The announcer's voice boomed over the arena.

"Let's keep this up Lenna! Let's go for another Fire Fang! Then use Tackle!" Jake exclaimed.

"Rotom use Blizzard! Then go for Hidden Power!" Ryan barked.

Lenna was the first to start the round, once more coating her fangs in flames before sinking them into Rotom! Angered by the attack, the Plasma Pokemon began to gather cold, icy energy, before sending a blast of frigid air towards the Flash Pokemon!

Unable to react in time, Lenna was pelted with shards of ice and snow, causing the Shinx to cry out in pain!

But Lenna wasn't easily discouraged, and quickly charged towards Rotom, intent on slamming into the Plasma Pokemon!

However, Rotom had other plans, and with little effort moved out of the way of the attack, causing the Shinx to leave herself wide open for attack! Taking full advantage of this, Rotom began to tap into it's power hidden deep within. Three orbs of energy began to circle the Plasma Pokemon, as calm as the earth itself! The Rotom then sent the orbs towards Lenna at an alarming rate! Unable to react in time, Lenna cried out as the super effective attack sent her flying onto the ground.

"Wait Rotom's Hidden Power is Ground typed as well?" Jake pondered
It was if Ryan's whole team was made to have a counter to each of his Pokemon, but that couldn't be right, could it?

"And it seems as though the fight between Shinx and Rotom has grown closer then before! Despite being in the lead by quite a bit at the start, Shinx now finds itself at under half of it's health! Who will the next round favour? Shinx or Rotom? Here's hoping for another exciting round!"

"Rotom go for another Shadow Ball! Then use Hidden Power!" Ryan shouted at the Plasma Pokemon.

"Lenna counter Shadow Ball with a Night Slash! Then go for a Double Kick!" Jake called out to the Flash Pokemon.

The Rotom once again began to gather a spooky energy, forming it into a indigo ball before firing it towards Lenna! The Shinx was fully prepared for the attack, and coated her claw in a dark energy before swinging it at the Rotom's attack! With little difficulty, the Shinx cut though the ball of shadow and scored a powerful hit on her opponent! As if that weren't enough the Shinx then spun around and delivered two powerful kicks to the Plasma Pokemon, causing it to fly back to it's side of the field!

Once more Rotom began to gather it's hidden power, causing three earth-like orbs to surround the Plasma Pokemon. Rotom then sent the orbs right at Lenna, striking the Shinx for a large amount of damage!

"Once again both Rotom and Shinx are neck and neck at the end of another thrilling round! Both Pokemon find themselves barely under a quarter of their health! However after so many powerful attacks, both Pokemon seem to be a little tired, maybe a quick break would do them both good!" The announcer exclaimed.

"Let's end this Rotom! Start with Ominous Wind! Then finish with Thunderbolt!" Ryan barked.

"Hang in there for a little bit longer Lenna! Let's go for another Night Slash! Then follow it with Shock Wave!"

Lenna was once more the first to start the round! Desperate to prove herself, the Flash Pokemon began to coat her claw in a dark aura, before swinging it towards Rotom!

But the Plasma Pokemon was ready for the attack, and quickly began to gather energy before releasing a purple wind towards the Shinx! The wind was too powerful for the Shinx, and with little resistance caused the Flash Pokemon to fall back onto the hard ground.

But Lenna wasn't done yet! She had to beat Rotom, no matter what! The Shinx began to gather electric energy into a light blue ball, before launching it towards Rotom in the form of a beam! Rotom too, had been gathering electric energy, sending a bolt of lighting towards Lenna's attack!

The two electric attacks clashed against one another, each Pokemon's pride was on the line! Unfortunately for Lenna, Rotom's attack proved to be stronger, cutting through the blue beam and striking the Shinx! With one final cry Lenna fell to the ground, completely exhausted!

Shinx is unable to battle!" The referee exclaimed.

"And after a close and exciting match, it seems as if Rotom has once again triumphed over Jake's Pokemon! Now Jake has just one Pokemon left. Even worse, his Rotom has already taken a lot of damage in it's battle against Raichu! With Ryan still having four Pokemon, can Jake hope to make a come back?" The announcer questioned.

"Return Lenna!" Jake called as he returned the Shinx to her Pokeball.
"You were great out there, now rest up well."

Jake then grabbed another Pokeball and tossed it into the air.
From the ball emerged a familiar orange and white Pokemon consisting of plasma!

"And once more Jake's Rotom appears on the battlefield! Last time Rotom struggled to fight Ryan's Raichu, will it's luck change against Ryan's Rotom? There's only one way to find out!" The announcer exclaimed.

Once on the battlefield, the Plasma Pokemon began to take in his surroundings. At the sight of his new opponent, Arthur spoke up once more.
"A legendary ice demon! What a strong opponent a hero as I must face! Fear not peasants, for even in my weakened form Arthur, legendary hero of Plasma shall strike this beast down!"

"Let's try and stay focused on the battle, ok Arthur?" Jake called to the Plasma Pokemon.

"Umm....right!" Arthur exclaimed as he turned to face his opponent, waiting for his trainer's orders.

"Alright Arthur let's do this! First start with Signal Beam! Then follow with Astonish!" Jake chirped.

"Rotom use Shock Wave! Then use Blizzard!" Ryan barked.

Unable to contain his excitement, Arthur quickly began to gather bug energy, before firing towards his opponent as a magnificent rainbow beam! Unable to react in time, the beam struck Rotom, causing the Rotom to almost fall over!

With what little energy Rotom had left, it began to gather electric energy, forming it into a blue beam of energy, which was sent quickly towards Arthur, striking him for some moderate damage!

Not willing to let his opponent off easy, Arthur dove towards Rotom at an incredible speed! Just before the Plasma Pokemon made contact, he let out a loud shriek, before slamming himself into his opponent!

This proved to much for Rotom, who let out a brief shriek before falling to the ground!

Arthur started to laugh as his opponent fell to the ground. The great Plasma hero had been victorious! However the Plasma Pokemon's celebration was cut short as he began to cough violently. It seemed as if Arthur was still under the effects of poison!

Rotom is unable to battle!" The referee exclaimed.

"It seems Ryan's Rotom, after it's battle against Emolga and Shinx, couldn't continue it's winning streak! After a brief battle against Jake's Rotom, Ryan's Rotom has been defeated. Now Ryan has three Pokemon left! With Jake's Rotom at under half health, can it hope to win against it's next opponent, let's wait and see!

"Rotom return!" Ryan barked as he returned the Plasma Pokemon to it's Pokeball.

"I admit Jake, your Pokemon are really something!" Ryan called out to his opponent. "I haven't seen a trainer and their Pokemon with this amount of determination in quite some time. That being said, it looks as if your time in the spotlight is over!" Ryan exclaimed is he tossed another Pokeball into the air!

From the ball emerged a yellow lizard Pokemon, with a frilled collar around it's neck!

"And Ryan has chosen Heliolisk as his fourth Pokemon! It goes without saying that Heliolisk's battle capabilities are unknown at this point! Will Rotom be able to stand up against Heliolisk, or will Ryan emerge victorious? Let's wait and see!"

"Heliolisk let's end this battle here and now! Let's start with Dark Pulse! Then follow up with another Dark Pulse!" Ryan shouted to the Generator Pokemon.

"Stay strong Arthur! Let's go for a Thundershock first, then use Uproar!" Jake exclaimed.

With astounding speed, Heliolisk began to gather dark energy and thoughts, before sending out several waves of dark purple rings!

Unable to react in time, Arthur cried out as the powerful attack almost caused the Plasma Pokemon to fall over!

Trying his best to stay strong, Arthur began to gather electrical energy, before releasing a wave of energy, striking Heliolisk for a small amount of damage.

Barely bothered by the attack, Heliolisk once again fire wave after wave of rings coated in a dark aura, smashing into the Plasma Pokemon and causing him to fall onto the ground with a loud shriek!

"Rotom is unable to battle, which means the winner is Ryan and Heliolisk!" The announcer exclaimed.

"What an amazing match! After a thrilling display of power, it seems as if Ryan has once again won the Rayo Electric Master's tournament! This concludes our tournament for this year folks. And remember to tune in to the Electric Master's Regionals, where you can watch more shocking battles! Until next time, see ya!" The announcer exclaimed.

"Arthur return!" Jake called as he returned the Plasma Pokemon to his Pokeball.
He had lost. Despite trying his best, Jake had lost against Ryan. But strangely enough he wasn't disappointed....but happy? Even though he had lost, Jake realised that he had a lot of fun making it as far as he did. Besides, the top four contestants were allowed to compete in the regionals, that's when he'd get his moment to shine!
--------
"I'm sorry I didn't win like I promised." Jake said as he walked through the busy streets of Rayo town, ticket to the Regional Electric Master's Tournament clutched in his hand.

"That's fine...once I evolve I can compete, then maybe I can face Ryan myself." Hazel replied as he walked right beside his trainer.

"So should we go home? I bet you some of the others are waiting for us!" The young trainer exclaimed.

Before Hazel could respond a girl's voice cried out, causing the pair to turn around.

"Jake! I knew I'd find you here!" A familiar voice called out to Jake before quickly approaching.

"Sophie.... I didn't expect to see you here." Jake said at the sudden appearance of his friend.

"So you went on a little adventure and didn't even ask if I wanted to come?" Sophie asked.

"I just thought maybe I could do something alone for once.....how did you find me anyway?"

"Telpo told me you would be here! Anyway that's not important. Now that you're here we can go to the dragon festival together!" Sophie exclaimed.

"What's the dragon festival?" Jake questioned.

"That doesn't matter, let's get going!" Sophie exclaimed before grabbing her friend's hand and dragging him away. Hazel let out a sigh before following the pair. It looked as if they had another adventure in store!
-------------
Meanwhile Ryan was sitting in his office, waiting impatiently for someone to arrive. The tournament had been a success yet again, but what was the pay out this year?
A sudden knocking at his door caused the man to quickly turn around and face the door.

"Come on in!" Ryan yelled.

To this two people in grey suits came in, an x stitched on their right sleeve.

"Victoria, Fredrick...did you bring the Pokemon?" Ryan questioned.

"Yes sir!" Fredrick exclaimed as he handed his superior a Pokeball.
"Three Pikachu, a Raichu, two Elekid, a Blitzle and of course, that Eelektrik we got back at the forest!"

"Why do I only have the Eelektrik then?!" Ryan shouted at the pair.

"Already ahead of you sir, I already sent the weaker Pokemon to the boss to be sold!" Victoria spoke up suddenly.

"Very good! Now get lost, I have something to do!" Ryan shouted, causing the pair to quickly flee the room.

The man let out a small sigh as he glanced at the ball in his hand. He'd done this countless times, and yet? He knew that it was necessary, no matter what he had to do.

"I'm sorry Jake...but Team Catalyst must prevail, no matter the cost!"

Last edited by EpicSquirtle; 01-01-2017 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Flaaffy, not Flaffy
EpicSquirtle is offline   Reply With Quote