View Single Post
Old 12-17-2016, 03:36 AM   #29
TalkSick
Thunder Badge

While i agree Alolan Grimer is AL2 quality, I think it shouldn't be bumped to acquisition level 2 unless we bump normal Grimer to acquisition level 2 too. I think the reason normal Muk is AL6 while Alolan Muk is AL5/6 is because muk is better than or at least as good as its alolan counterpart. Putting Alolan Grimer at AL2 while normal Grimer staying at AL1 is just going to imply the alolan one is better than the usual one, but actually the difference between Grimer and Alolan Grimer is pretty much the same as the difference between Muk and Alolan Muk.

The moves that a Muk gets but a Grimer doesn't are Block, Brick Break, Dark Pulse, Focus Blast, Focus Punch, Giga Impact, Hyper Beam, Rock Smash and Venom Drench.

The moves that an Alolan Muk gets but an Alolan Grimer doesn't are Brick Break, Dark Pulse, Focus Blast, Giga Impact, Hyper Beam and Venom Drench.

So unless Block, Focus Punch and Rock Smash are the moves that prevent Muk from being worse than Alolan Muk, Alolan Grimer shouldn't be at a higher acquisition level than regular Grimer.