View Single Post
Old 08-05-2016, 09:07 AM   #70
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Alright so I have a number of suggestions, some might accuse me of trying to benefit myself because a few a water pokemon but that is a mixture of coincidence, the fact that water is one of the largest types and I spend a lot of time looking at water pokemon.

Surskit
(Bug/Water): Because their feet have a substance to affect surface tension, Surskit can walk, or at least glide, on top of water and slippery surfaces such as sheet ice.

The issues with the SC (in bullet points or short paragraphs, if applicable)
My problem with the SC is just how basic it is and all it really does is tell us something we all already know about Surskit.

The proposed changes or additions (please do not rewrite the SC yourself)
Surskit's pokedex entries make reference to a sweet smell it emits from its antenna when it is threatened. I thought that maybe we could give it something similar to the chikorita line, having it lower the defenses or offenses of a pokemon within a certain radius? It wouldn't really be broken and would give surkit something more than its regular method of movement.

Clawitzer (Water): Clawitzer's large claws act much like a cannon, granting a 20% boost to any moves fired from it. Though only decent swimmers, they can also use the exhaust from their claw to propel themselves on land and in water. They prefer to walk along the bottom of the water. They fight more enthusiastically when submerged and in a sizeable body of water.

Recently in the anime, Clawitzer has seen plenty of screen time and every time it has been used on land. How does it move on land? It levitates apparently. I have provided a picture below. The main problem i have with this SC is that we slapped the same thing on it that we have for every crab/lobster pokemon. We say it prefers to walk along the bottom of the water, were there is no way Clawitzer is doing that comfortably with the claw. The exhaust part makes up for this somewhat however.
Spoiler: show

The proposed changes or additions (please do not rewrite the SC yourself) I think we need to cut the 'prefers to walk along the bottom' for Clawitzer since it doesn't make sense. With the substantial anime evidence for levitation, I believe it should be given levitation abilities similar to that of a Milotic, give it a relatively low flight ceiling.

Chinchou (Water/Electric): Chinchou are fish and thus are slow and nearly immobile on land, but are faster and more agile in the water. They fight more enthusiastically when submerged and in a sizeable body of water. Whenever a Chinchou uses an electric attack in the water, it creates a small amount of electricity around it, shocking anything in the water with it within 10 feet of it (damage is considered equal to half a Thunder Shock for the most powerful electric attacks. They may also use their antenna as a light source in the same way that the Mareep family does with their tails.

This one is simple. Chinchou has feet, get rid of the first half of the first line.
Spoiler: show

The proposed changes or additions (please do not rewrite the SC yourself)
Remove the part amount being immobile on land, replacing it with something along the lines of 'it has feet and can walk on land but is not particular fast or agile'.

Venomoth (Bug/Poison): Venomoth are capable of flying and, despite their lack of the Flying-type, are quite agile. Their spore based attacks are slightly more effective than normal. Venomoth have a sort of radar vision, which allows them to see almost completely around themselves. This will also allow them an uncanny ability to determine the location of their opponent, regardless of how well hidden they are. This keen eyesight also improves their accuracy with attacks slightly.

Nothing wrong with the current SC

The proposed changes or additions (please do not rewrite the SC yourself) I think Venomoth deserves Psychic familiarity. We have given it to other pokemon who have constantly shown a connection to the type in the Anime. I clearly remember it being brought up when Connor was rewriting SC's and he said no since we gave Butterfree psychic familiarity. I don't think that is a good way to go about it, Venomoth is always going to be better than Butterfree in ASB, and the familiarity could help it to become a more viable pokemon.

I have a feeling I forgot a few that i was going to bring up but that will do for now