View Single Post
Old 07-24-2016, 03:56 AM   #49
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Celestine: lvl 6 female Mismagius (uplevel)
Hidden Power: fighting
Celestine used to haunt a fighting pokemon gym, she would take pleasure in defeating fighting types and momentarily absorbing their souls, extracting knowledge and strength from them. Eventually the owners of the gym had enough of her tricks and hired me to remove her from the premises. We found common ground however and I offered to let her join my squad so she could put her skills and knowledge to better use.
Signature Training: Fighting Phantasm
Celestine has captured the souls of so many fighting types that she has become familiar with the fighting type. She gains access to aura sphere, vacuum wave and dynamic punch. However she has lost access to aerial ace, dark pulse, trick room, wonder room, shock wave, charge beam, thunder, memento and psychic.

Snorby: When dropping moves, quantity is not quality. You could drop 30 moves and this still wouldn't be passable if they were all at the caliber of Trick Room and Snore. Give this more meaningful drawback. Rejected.

Ormr: lvl 6 male Eelektross (uplevel)
Hidden Power: Grass
Ormr spent a long time living under the ice in a frozen lake. His body adapted to the cold and soon found that it offered a lot if one was able to harness its power. He trained with a pack of Walrein who taught him the ways of ice type pokemon.
Signature Training: Vanilla Ice Ice Baby
Ormr is now familiar with the ice type and has learned how to use ice fang and icy wind. His time under the ice resulted in him losing his entire rock type movepool as well as forgetting how to use superpower, power-up punch and gastro acid.

Snorby: This feels kinda borderline, but you only get 2 mediocre moves out of the deal so whatever. Approved.

Hagall: lvl 1 male Snorunt
Hidden Power: Ice
It was a storm like no one had seen before, lighting crackled through the clouds as snow and hail blanketed the earth. A tornado of snow and ice spun in a stationary positon, stretching up into the clouds. Lighting crackled through the column of sheer natural power, illuminating it as each bolt surged through. As the lightning crackled a figure could be seen inside the tornado, somehow it seemed to be the source of this almighty storm. Many tried to stop it and failed, brute force could not match its power. Unarmed and without a pokemon by my side I stepped into the tornado, my feet leaving the ground as the winds slowly lifted me up. I came to a stop face to face with him, the pain and anguish on his face was hard to ignore. Arms outstretched I embraced him, chills went down my spine and electricity surged through my body, yet I pulled him closer. What seemed like minutes went on for hours, the storm slowly started to lose intensity and we slowly started to descend back to the earth. When my feet finally touched the ground he was asleep in my arms, the terror within him had been quelled.
Type Change: Thunder Head (Ice)
Hagall is now an ice/electric type with all the associated weaknesses and resistances. He has learnt how to use Thunder Fang, Discharge, Zap Cannon and Parabolic Charge. His unstable nature makes him more prone to anger based attacks such as swagger. However he has lost access to weather ball, bide and light screen as well as bulldoze and payback as a Glalie.

Snorby: This is a ridiculously potent offensive typing on an already good mon. Needs a lot more drawback. Rejected.

Chief: lvl 1 male Snubbull (white)
Hidden Power: Fairy
Despite his rather mean looks Chief is actually a massive softy. He is incredibly playful, you just have to be careful what you put in front of his mouth. He will eat pretty much anything you stick in front of him. If you aren’t careful he might even give your hand the ‘Sweet Embrace’, even if you’re trying to give him a treat.
Signature Move: Sweet Embrace (fairy)
Chief bites the opponent fiercely, directly injecting Fairy energy into their body, even if their outer body is hard. Sweet Embrace deals Major damage for Major energy. He has forgotten how to use Close Combat, Thunder, Overheat, Superpower and Feint Attack.

Snorby: Approved.

Ironfist: lvl 5 male Infernape
Hidden Power: Electric
Ironfist conditions his fists by plunging them into buckets of sand, gravel, and rock to toughen them. He was given the chance to attain the power of the Iron Fist by fighting and defeating the dragon Shou-Lao the Undying, who guards the molten heart that had been torn from its body. During the battle, he throws himself against the scar of Shou-Lao, which burns a dragon tattoo into his chest. Having killed Shou-Lao, he enters its cave and plunges his fists into a brazier containing the creature's molten heart, emerging with the power of the Iron Fist.
Signature Training: K'un L'un
Ironfist’s fire punch and brick break are coated in a golden aura that makes them proficient at cutting through energy-based attacks, allowing them to reduce damage while breaking through them without a drop in power. He has forgotten how to use poison jab, rock tomb, rock slide and double kick.

Veita: lvl 5 female Blissey
Hidden Power: Dark
Veita spent a lot of her life working as a cleaner in a Pokemon Centre. Although most Blissey would assist as nurses, Veita was never very good at nursing, she wasn’t even that good at cleaning. She had a bit of a rough hand, much better suited to battling than nursing or cleaning. So she jumped at the chance to join my squad and even managed to put her cleaning experience to good use, helping to dust off many a formidable opponent.
Signature Move: Harpies Feather Duster (flying)
Veita uses significant flying energy to construct an energy construct in the shape of a ‘Harpies Feather Duster’, which violently beats the opponent, dealing considerable flying damage. However, if the opponent currently has a stat boost/buff, the attack will deal heavy flying damage while also removing the stat boost/buff. This move only takes into account boosts/buffs received from moves, not from SC’s. Veita has enough flying energy for two uses of this new move. Veita forgot how to use brick break, iron tail, focus blast, thunder, blizzard, fireblast and stealth rock.

Snorby: This is a little efficient while it's effect is in play when it should be a little inefficient. Rejected for now.

Myrkr: lvl 5 female Drapion
Hidden Power: Grass
Myrkr is not a pokemon you want to disturb. She likes to keep to herself, if you annoy her you risk facing her prickly attitude, and a prickly demise. She spends most of her time in her private garden, tending to her cacti and other prickly species of plant.
Signature Training: Prickly by Nature
Myrkr is familiar with the grass type and has learnt how to use Needle Arm. She now takes neutral damage from poison type moves and she is no longer able to use Rock Climb, Whirlwind, Rock Tomb and Acupressure.

Snorby: Clarify if she can be poisoned. Rejected for now.

Grima: lvl 5 male Greninja
Hidden Power: Bug
Grima was a pupil of the ninja village of the Kalos region, one of the top students in his class. They were far superior to the average Greninja, the knowledge of their masters was passed onto them, none could hope to equal their talents. Grima was on a mission when he ambushed, severely outnumbered he nearly met his demise. I happened upon the scene and helped him to dispatch his attackers. I helped him recover and we returned to the ninja village. It was decided that his life was now indebted to me, so he was obligated to join my squad and fight with honour.
Signature Training: Ninja Master
Extensive ninja training has led to Grima learning how to use Sucker Punch, Night Daze, Phantom Force and Sky Uppercut. In the process however he found that he lost his resistance to ice, now taking neutral damage from ice type attacks. He also forgot how to use Grass Knot, Rock Tomb and Blizzard.

Vaenmaer: lvl 5 female Togekiss
Hidden Power: Water
Being a fairy type, Vaenmaer always had a strong connection with the earth. Even when she evolved into a togetic and then a togekiss, taking to the air, she would always spend time on the ground. She enjoyed the warmth and stability the earth provided, she only wished she could take it into the air with her.
Signature Move: Gaia Gust (Ground)
Vaenmaer releases a powerful wind laced with heavy ground energy, dealing significant ground damage. The attack is quite forceful and will suddenly push Vaenmaer up when she uses it, which can be used for evasive purposes, although it is highly unlikely that it would result in a complete dodge. She has the ground energy to use this attack twice and has forgotten how to use Psyshock, Signal beam, Flamethrower and Fire Blast.

Snorby: Elaborate more on how the pushing works. Does it push Togekiss away from the target? Toward them? Rejected for now.

DareDevil: lvl 5 male Lucario
Hidden Power: Ice
While living in the Hell's Kitchen neighbourhood of New York City, Daredevil was blinded by a radioactive substance that fell from an oncoming vehicle while he was pushing a man to safety from an oncoming truck. While he no longer can see, the radioactive exposure heightens his remaining senses and caused him to see purely through his aura vision.
Signature Characteristic: A World on Fire
Daredevil is blind, meaning any attacks that require eye contact are rendered useless when used by him or against him. He sees permanently through his aura vision. However it also leaves him with a permanent meditate boost. However he is now neutral to bug.

Snorby: Blindness or the Meditate boost. Not both. Rejected.

Spenna: lvl 1 female Shellder
Instead of struggling with her limited mobility, Spenna decided to take a leaf from the book of pokemon like Lileep, choosing to embrace her less mobile nature. She had no roots or vines to secure her to the earth, instead she would have to use her natural connection with water. The sea and earth could provide a plentiful bounty, one that could sustain her through even the toughest of battles.
Signature Move: Aquatic Ingrain
Spenna creates several tendrils of water energy and buries them into the ground, attempting to restore herself. At the end of every round the she remains planted, it recovers mild health and mild energy. This move can be used only on natural terrain such as a lawn arena and will fail if used on concrete or a similar surface. This move costs mild energy to create the tendrils. Spenna cannot move from its location whilst planted and is difficult to dislodge, but can willingly retract its roots at the cost of a move. She can however rotate 360˚ and can rotate vertically if necessary. If she is submerged in a sizeable body of water, the initial energy cost is waved and she will recover moderate health and energy each round. Spenna can no longer use Shell Smash.

Snorby: You had me until the third sentence. Remove the bit about being able to rotate freely and I'll take another look. Rejected for now.

Meizi: lvl 1 female Carvanha
Like all of her species, Meizi likes to bite things. Only problem is sometimes it is hard to sink your teeth into something when you are limited to the water. Why should she wait for something to enter her domain, why couldn’t she just make them come to her? Then one day she saw a fisherman reeling in his catch and she came up with an excellent, yet devious plan.
Signature Move: Reel ‘Em In (water)
Opening her mouth, Meizi fires an energy construct in the shape of a pair of jaws attached to a chain towards the opponent. It latches onto the opponent before reeling them towards Meizi. Once in range Meizi bites down on the opponent, dealing good water damage. If the opponent weighs the same or less than Meizi, the energy cost is significant. This move will work on pokemon up to 2x Meizi’s weight; however the damage rises to Major if the opponent weighs more than Meizi. Being an energy construct, the chain has no range. Meizi can only use this attack once per opponent. She can no longer use destiny bond, blizzard and fury cutter.

Punisher: lvl 1 male Mankey
Hidden Power: Fighting
The Punisher is a vigilante who employs murder, kidnapping, extortion, coercion, threats of violence, and torture in his war on crime. Driven by the deaths of his wife and two children, who were killed by the mob during a shootout in New York City's Central Park, the Punisher wages a one-man war on the mob and all criminals in general by using all manner of conventional war weaponry. A war veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps, he is a master of martial arts, stealth tactics, guerrilla warfare, and a wide variety of weapons.
Signature Move: Sub Machine Guns (steel/dark)
Punisher creates an energy construct in the shape of a sub machine gun in each hand, promptly firing a spray of energy bullets at the opponent. This attack can be ordered as a dark or steel variation, both of which expend significant energy and deal significant damage. There is a 20% chance that the sheer brutality of the attack will scare the opponent, having the same effect as Roar. Punisher has enough steel and dark offtype for two uses of this attack. He has forgotten how to use iron tail, outrage and thunder.

Snorby: Either drop a type or remove the roar effect. Rejected.

Krellr: lvl 1 male Frillish
Krellr has never feared other spirits, he has always embraced his spoopy, ghostly nature. In reward he found that he was not effected by ghosts like one would expect, his inner peace developing into a natural neutrality. He hated bugs though; bugs were creepy, unlike ghosts.
Signature Training: One with the Abyss
Krellr is now neutral to ghost while also becoming neutral to bug. He also forgot how to use sludgewave and night shade.

Snorby: I'm on the fence about this one, but Jellicent is kind of shitty. Approved.

Vorn: lvl 5 male Steelix
Hidden Power: Fighting
Vorn spent most of his life deep within the earth, the immense heat and pressure warped his body over time. He soon found that he actually enjoyed the heat, his iron hide strengthened and hardened until he was even able to swim in lava.
Signature Training: Heat Resistance
Vorn is now neutral to fire, while losing his resistances and becoming neutral to flying and bug. His strange neutrality to heat also allows him survive in hot liquids (such as lava) for extended periods of time akin similar to Rhydon.

Snorby: Just a bit more drawback there. Rejected.

Last edited by Snorby; 07-24-2016 at 04:15 AM.
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote