View Single Post
Old 06-18-2016, 11:22 AM   #70
Snorby
Snackin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aposteriori View Post
In theory it would give them too much boon. In practice, Kush went undefeated with the absence of mega pokemon. Dragons now have fairies to worry about, and have freeze dry to annoy Kingdra. The pokemon that Kush heavily relied on suddenly have to worry about a type that they don't even have enough coverage against under normal circumstances. If you want to beat a dragon gym today, your best bet is a couple of good fairies. One Mega Charizard X, and you are good to live another day against a smart trainer who will pack Clefable, Wigglytuff, Azumarill.

Hard counters for all of the megas mentioned are Flygon, and Gliscor. Soft counters for at least two of the megas would be Steelix, Mamoswine, Lapras, almost any ice type.

Adapt. That is what I can say to the trainer facing this new mechanic. As the opposing trainer, you will always know what mega you are going to face. If someone is going to bring two mega, state in their squad post which one is the one locked into evolving. There are good counters for all of the megas, and probably will be more in the upcoming gen.
You're proving Connor's point here. You're heavily implying that one would need to be TL6 to beat a Dragon Gym which is not okay on more levels than I can count. That means something like a whopping 5 people in the league can fight that Dragon Gym on equal footing. Sure, Connor could probably beat a hypothetical Dragon Gym by packing Flygon, Clefable, Wigglytuff, Mega Altaria, and the like, but that doesn't make it as beatable as a gym should be. The way I see it, if the average TL4/5 (We'll use Miror or TKF for example) is completely hopeless against it, the Gym needs to be toned down in a big way. And I honestly don't think TKF can walk into the Dragon Gym we have hypothesized and have an even remotely good shot of coming out with a badge, regardless of which GL-level person we have is running it.

Click on Fawful for my ASB squad summary. Other links coming soon.
Snorby is offline   Reply With Quote