View Single Post
Old 04-27-2016, 05:18 PM   #18
Raves
...try a little harder.

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Floor 4: Battleground.

With the spiel done Alex listened to Keith's words, acknowledging the condolences before the trainer's next question concerning a certain boat cropped up. A short pause commenced as Alex's brain whirred, before a resigned shrug followed. No point in trying to lie out of this one.

"Probably was. I'd asked Nuhuko to lok around for some vessel sturdy enough to get our things out of here, and they pulled some well built wooden vessel here with one hefty teleport. Tantalia agreed on the well built fact, and given what she is, that's quite the compliment. The idea was that borrowing was fine as long as it was returned in the same level of quality it was accepted in," he explained, "and though I didn't pay too much attention to the name of the ship, what with the rockets being on the horizon, a couple of the guys did say it went by the 'Banette's Revenge' or similar. Sorry about that, but my reasons were justified and we did return it, though I suspect teleportation over those distances took it out of the poor thing."

Almost as soon as the conversation finished, the screens on the wall flickered to life, as his attention was drawn to them.

"Oh, you haven't seen the battleground where we do our training, have you? I had cameras installed here so others can watch training sessions through the back," motioning to the two doorways at both ends of the room, "which has helped the team as a whole learn. If you want, we can head through for a more personal view of the place while Isaac and Harpe get started."

---

The battleground itself was a spectacle. At both sides of a large field stood a pair of giant reliefs of the two legendary pokemon of Sinnoh, Dialga and Palkia, with a sizable pool big enough to accommodate a Dragonair or two. It was in front of the pool that the Aipom had led the Sneasel towards for front row seats, while a couple of Alex's other pokemon had went through, those being Cal and Mjolnir to the Temporal relief and Nothung and Frgarath to the Spacial relief.

"Alright, here we are! It's big enough for us and others, and we'll be keeping away from the water since, well, ground types." Harpe chirped to Lenny.

"Yeah. You ready?"

A nod from the Aipom as she took her position, and an ornamental statue of Lugia with oddly tinted eyes holding the centrepiece, the pair were ready to start the session. The eyes of the statue lit up, from red to yellow, then green.

"We took some liberty in making that one," the Infernape said in a gentle manner as he sat beside Lenny, one hand with a pale shimmer, a prepared protect should any move go astray, the intention to protect the younger feline.

With that, the fight began, the faster Aipom darted forward with a quick dash, circling the Cubone who took a defensive stance, eyes closed in concentration as he focused his energy into staying stalwart, just as the aerial ace struck from behind, the Aipom slapping him in the back as he stumbled forward, the chimp giggling.

"Hmm...still slow."

Not to be outdone, he turned before tossing the bone towards the monkey, who ducked out of the way narrowly, charging something in her tail hand before the boomerang-like trajectory of the bone swept under her legs and flipped her over onto her belly with a quiet oof, Isaac catching his weapon with ease. Hopping onto her feet, she suddenly found herself looking at three Cubone, the energy from before going into a quickened double team as the trio beckoned her.

With a quick thought, sparks danced around her as a sudden shock wave burst out from her, the electrical energy rallying towards the trio...before suddenly jumping towards the bone of one, acting as a lightning rod and absorbing the shock without any harm.

"Really? On a ground type?" he grumbled before he caught onto the action as a pulsatng orb of water hurtled towards him, the Aipom using the ineffective move to determine which copy was the real one. Acting fast, Isaac crouched, a pale energy in his hand, before firing a beam towards the ball before impact, the ice freezing the orb and causing it to simply slam into him, doing very little due to the fact it was effectively a snowball.

"Not bad, you two have caw-tered each other well enough."

With the pair not overly far from each other, they considered their next actions...

---

Uncurling, the Sandshrew peeked out at the scene before realising what was about to happen as Hermione asked the Golett a question he dreaded to hear.

"I'll, uh, help those two klutzes with the shopping..." he squeaked before moving at speeds that would put a Ninjask to shame towards the Abomasnow and Jirachi, Golestandt ignoring Glasspine as it listened to the Weedle's questions.

"ON THE SUBJECT OF THE FIRST QUERY, THIS CAN BE PARTIALLY CONFIRMED. WHILE I WAS NOT PRESENT FOR THE CLASH, I DID WITNESS THE CONCLUSION OF THE DUEL." As it started to speak, the Golett's eyes took on a magenta hue as it processed memories and with a motion of hands, gave a psychic-influenced visual to the bug, two figures depicted, one a monstrous dinosaur with glowing parts and spikes, the other a colossal whale with equally glowing spots.

"THE LAND WAS IN DISARRAY, WITH THE TWO ANCIENT POKEMON AT WAR. ONE APPEARED TO BE THE ARTISAN OF THE LANDS AND THE OTHER THE ARTISAN OF THE SEAS, THOUGH THE EXACT DESCRIPTION WAS NOT COMPLETE IN MY VISUAL PERCEPTION, FOR THE TWO HAD TAKEN FORMS OF WHICH NO CREATURE COULD PERCEIVE. THE STORM BOTH CREATED, UNLIKE ANY DRIZZLE OR DROUGHT IN EXISTENCE, AND IT SEEMED THEIR WAR WOULD RAGE ETERNALLY, DESTROYING ALL LIFE AND THE VERY WORLD ITSELF."

A clap of hands dissipating the image, and a new one revealing what seemed to be a wiggly arrow surrounded by clouds over the beasts.

"THE BATTLE WAS ENDED BY A GREAT WYRM FROM THE SKIES, THE CLASHING WEATHER GIVING WAY TO A MIGHTY GALE, WHICH SAPPED AT THE ENERGY OF BOTH BEASTS, THEIR POWERS STARTING TO FADE. IN DEFIANCE OF THE WYRM, THE TWO PUT ALL THEIR POWER INTO FINAL ATTACKS." A third image, a closer look at the dinosaur, which appeared to be somewhat similar to the mythical Groudon, surrounded by mountains. "THE SUN BEAST CALLED FORTH A GREAT MOUNTAIN WITH WHICH TO CRUSH HIS ETERNAL FOE. THE FEW WHO SURVIVED CLAIMED THIS TO BE THE BEAST'S ULTIMATE TECHNIQUE."

The next depicted the whale, not unlike Kyogre, with shimmering bullets around him. "THE RAIN BEAST, IN RETALIATION, SUMMONED HIS ULTIMATE TECHNIQUE, AN INCREDIBLE OCEAN TO TEAR APART HIS ETERNAL FOE." Then, the arrow was shown, bursting into light as the mountain and bullets collided. "THE WYRM WOULD END THE CONFLICT BY HIS ULTIMATE TECHNIQUE, THE VERY WINDS OF THE WORLD GUIDING HIM INTO CRASHING HIS FORM INTO THE ULTIMATE TECHNIQUES." Then, with a delay, the automaton procured an image of the Spire, not unlike its current form, without the windows, and both giants laying down before the arrow.

"WITH THE EXPLOSION, BOTH BEASTS WERE DEFEATED AND BANISHED ONCE AND FOR ALL BY THE WYRM, THE IMPACT CARVING THE MOUNTAIN INTO THE SPIRE OF TODAY, WHICH IMPLANTED ITSELF INTO THE EARTH. THE WYRM, HAVING ENDED THE CONFLICT, GAVE A GREAT CRY AND CLEARED THE GALE, AND WITH IT BOTH BEASTS VANISHED. ON MY OWN CURIOSITY I APPROACHED THE SPIRE, THE WYRM GAZING DOWN AT MY FORM, AND WITH SOME UNKNOWN POWER IMBUED MY CLAY WITH SOME UNUSUAL ENERGY BEFORE LEAVING. I PERCEIVED THE ACTION AS THE WYRM COMMANDING ME TO CARE FOR THE TOWER, AS THOUGH IT WAS AN ANCHOR KEEPING THE BEASTS SEALED, AND SO I HAVE SERVED AS THE KEEPER OF THE SPIRE."

Dispelling the psychic images, Golestandt continued. "THE TOWER EARNED THE NAME OF THE SUNDERED BLADE BY THE FIRST HUMAN SETTLERS TO THE LAND, AFTER THE WYRM'S ACTION OF SHATTERING THE SUN BEAST'S MOUNTAIN BLADE, AND AFTERWARDS, THE HUMANS ATTEMPTED TO REMOVE ME FROM THE TOWER. THEIR EFFORTS WERE MET WITH RESISTANCE AS THE WYRM'S VOICE SEEMED TO EMANATE FROM THE TOWER, WARNING THE HUMANS AGAINST BANISHING ME. FROM THEN ON I HAVE MAINTAINED THE SANCTITY OF THE SPIRE."

With the history of the spire's creation, the Golett waited for the Weedle's next question.

---

With the unpacking going on, the Shadow Zangoose looked towards the Beedrill, before a small hand poked at her. Turning her head towards the Gothorita who chimed curiously, the Zangoose shrugged, before the eleavtor behind hummed and spat out a larger phantom who seemed different yet familiar.

"Huh, look who decided to show up, all evolved and that..." the feline grumbled, in a manner that seemed more resigned than annoyed. "You were already chubby before, but now?"

"Can it, Totsuka..." the Dusknoir grumbled back, the Gothorita shaking her head at the minor scorch marks. "You'd be fat too if you could evolve. Better idea, who's the Beedrill there? Another newcomer, or..." she queried, looking at the insect with the leather band who was currently sampling the food.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote