Thread: Ghosts
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2016, 10:26 AM   #315
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Oh the conversation hasn't been constructive for a while. Not since the second post in this thread so don't go telling me how I should be acting. The fact of the matter is, I wanted to bring up a couple of points that either needed clarification or were being discussed before and people saw it as an opportunity to bring it their raging hate boners for Ghosts and completely ignore that I had brought up.

If you actually want to balance Ghosts, the answer is to strip the Gastly line, Misdreavus line, and Duskull line of their ability to change states and keep allowing the other Ghosts to use them, because they need them. Ghost is absolutely awful defensively since it has virtually no defensive synergy and tacks on additional, common weaknesses to Pokemon who frankly don't need them, and it brings little to the table offensively to help cover any other types weaknesses. Pure Ghost is the only reasonably good typing, and its the only reason why Ghosts like Cofagrigus are actually looked at, but we just gave the typing a kick in the dick by allowing one of the most common and most powerful types in the game the ability to check it.

So no more discussion about removing Ghost states. Would it be simpler? Of course. Would it be better for ASB as a whole? Absolutely not.

Quote:
Zelphon - Today at 5:29 AM
If the current political climate has taught me anything
It's that a purge via gay witches may very well be necessary